The Project

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SpaghettiHoop

The Project

by SpaghettiHoop » 27 Feb 2018 21:13

The dream is over. When do we restart the three year plan? Tevreden, Stam, the Board are incompetent. Stam has lost the supporters and the dressing room and the Chinese owners don't seem to care. Will any season ticket holders renew next season whatever division we're in?
How long before houses are being built on the Madejski pitch?

RichTea94

Re: The Project

by RichTea94 » 27 Feb 2018 22:04

TBF he doesn't really seem to have lost the dressing room- the players are just playing shite.

If the board were ever going to sack Stam this season, he'd have been gone by now. I imagine they are working on the assumption, like most of us, that we won't get relegated as we'll pick up points here and there while there are at least 3 teams worse than us.
As to next season- who knows? Overhauling the squad would defeat the purpose of a 3 year plan and I doubt the money would be there for major changes either.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Feb 2018 22:58

Hate these stupid comments about the stadium being knocked down, fcuking grow up you pleb.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2018 23:00

windermereROYAL Hate these stupid comments about the stadium being knocked down, fcuking grow up you pleb.

Nice.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 27 Feb 2018 23:11

The good thing about projects is that they normally get terminated if things go drastically wrong.
The strange thing about this one is that no one is sure what to expect at the end of it and therefore it’s probably still on track.
What should be clear to us is that success on the pitch is not a priority.
So everything is ok!
Oh, and that assumption that we’ll pick up points here and there?
Exactly where do you see those points being picked up?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 28 Feb 2018 12:15

Makes me laugh when people slag off the owners. They back the manager financially yet keep themselves out of the limelight. Surely everyone's ideal scenario right?

Whenever you get a managerial sacking there is nearly always at least a short term improvement in form and I have no doubts the same would happen here if Stam went. So even if the players publicly say they back the manager, I'm confident in saying they don't.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2018 12:18

Tilehurstsouthbank Makes me laugh when people slag off the owners. They back the manager financially yet keep themselves out of the limelight. Surely everyone's ideal scenario right?

Whenever you get a managerial sacking there is nearly always at least a short term improvement in form and I have no doubts the same would happen here if Stam went. So even if the players publicly say they back the manager, I'm confident in saying they don't.

not only that but investing in the training ground (finally) and continuing to fund the academy etc.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Feb 2018 12:38

Tilehurstsouthbank Makes me laugh when people slag off the owners. They back the manager financially yet keep themselves out of the limelight. Surely everyone's ideal scenario right?

Owners are the obvious targets when things are going badly, if they are seen too often they are interfering. If they aren't seen enough, they don't care and are letting the club stagnate.

Truth is always somewhere in between.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Feb 2018 12:47

I’m not sure any criticism can be levelled at the owners. Fact is they put the money in January 2017 to keep the club afloat when the Thai’s couldn’t. They backed Gourlay, Teverden and Stam extensively and as mentioned Bearwood is finally happening after 6 years of no work. It’s everyone else that has screwed up this season.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Feb 2018 13:41

RG30 I’m not sure any criticism can be levelled at the owners. Fact is they put the money in January 2017 to keep the club afloat when the Thai’s couldn’t. They backed Gourlay, Teverden and Stam extensively and as mentioned Bearwood is finally happening after 6 years of no work. It’s everyone else that has screwed up this season.

Maybe this is their fault, Instead of backing this trio they should maybe focus on replacing them instead of throwing more money their way.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1