BFTG Sheffield Utd

144 posts
Nessa From Eldorado

Re: BFTG Sheffield Utd

by Nessa From Eldorado » 28 Feb 2018 09:51

leon
Difference is no one seems to care. What do we have to do, riot?

As far as I can tell the last few remaining fans we had who'd kick up up a fuss when things go wrong, have left and are doing something else with their Saturdays now.

Pretty much left with retired people, Superdry yoot and Team Board internet mongs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2018 09:54

leon
Hound
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Sub 7K is a dismal turnout, whether its cold or not.
As evidenced by the fact that so many people have noticed it.

yeah, but as said, its come off the back of 2 reasonable results, and the best game of the season on Saturday.

We'll get a rough idea next week after we play Bolton how much the cold had to do with it

Are you serious? A few years ago it would have been double that and we'd have been commenting that the turnout wasn't great.

I'm a STH and I haven't been to the last 2 games and I doubt I will be going to any home games. I can't take my son as every game he watches he gets more despondent about being an RFC fan.

I'm London based but have been commuting to games for the last 20 years. This is as poor as I've seen us. It reminds me of 98. We were too good to go down then and there were at least 3 worse teams in the league.

Difference is no one seems to care. What do we have to do, riot? Or will there literally be no one left in the stadium?

yeah I am.

Make no bones, I'm not saying we are good, and the poor results and performances on the pitch have had a lot to do with people turning up and lowered attendances

But fact remains last night was an anomaly, lets not pretend otherwise. There were 15k in the stadium when we played Birmingham and that was after a worse set of results and performances in the previous games. After Derby, it was the first time for ages that people left the ground buzzing about the game. There was even talk on here of people 'looking forward' to the game last night

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 28 Feb 2018 09:55

What we need is another 'Stam Out' poll!

Nessa From Eldorado

by Nessa From Eldorado » 28 Feb 2018 09:56

BR0B0T What we need is another 'Stam Out' poll!

I think it's time for him to go personally. Enough's enough.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Feb 2018 09:57

leon
Hound
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Sub 7K is a dismal turnout, whether its cold or not.
As evidenced by the fact that so many people have noticed it.

yeah, but as said, its come off the back of 2 reasonable results, and the best game of the season on Saturday.

We'll get a rough idea next week after we play Bolton how much the cold had to do with it

Are you serious? A few years ago it would have been double that and we'd have been commenting that the turnout wasn't great.

Yep, I remember an evening match against Hull in 15/16 where 13k turned up and everyone mentioned how poor the attendance was. It was the lowest for a few years.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2018 09:58

genome
leon
Hound

Yep, I remember an evening match against Hull in 15/16 where 13k turned up and everyone mentioned how poor the attendance was. It was the lowest for a few years.

20 years ago - sound familiar?

"Attendance: 9,900
Oh dear. From mid-table safety a few weeks ago the Royals have managed to plunge themselves deep into relegation trouble with this - the fourth staight league defeat. This was another unimaginative and rather dull performance from the Royals. Ironically Reading controlled the game and had the majority of play - but we never looked like scoring. "

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Feb 2018 09:59

Hound 3) The third goal, despite the comments of 'they did nothing wrong' was very sneaky. Looks like every player on the pitch bar Sharp and the person who crossed it were expecting it to be kicked back - players from both sides just wandering around getting into position. No real problem with them 'not giving the ball back' but using the fact that we were under the impression it was going to be given back to their advantage is poor sportsmanship - simple as. If they'd just passed back and kept possession - no complaints

The 3rd goal was a bit of a weird one, a bit spineless from Sheff utd tbh it was massive sucker punch but the reaction from out players was even worse. Looked like they really couldn't care what just happened, every one was just looking around. I can guarantee if that happened whilst I was on the pitch i would at least let there players know I was pissed at them, a few late tackles. Teams are honestly not scared of our midfield, no enforcer in the middle or at the back to let the oppo know they're in a game.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2018 10:00

Hound
leon
Hound

I'm a STH and I haven't been to the last 2 games and I doubt I will be going to any home games. I can't take my son as every game he watches he gets more despondent about being an RFC fan.

I'm London based but have been commuting to games for the last 20 years. This is as poor as I've seen us. It reminds me of 98. We were too good to go down then and there were at least 3 worse teams in the league.

Difference is no one seems to care. What do we have to do, riot? Or will there literally be no one left in the stadium?

yeah I am.

Make no bones, I'm not saying we are good, and the poor results and performances on the pitch have had a lot to do with people turning up and lowered attendances

But fact remains last night was an anomaly, lets not pretend otherwise. There were 15k in the stadium when we played Birmingham and that was after a worse set of results and performances in the previous games. After Derby, it was the first time for ages that people left the ground buzzing about the game. There was even talk on here of people 'looking forward' to the game last night

Yeah one person says it after a draw and we've turned the season around.

Open your eyes, man.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2018 10:04

leon
Hound
leon

yeah I am.

Open your eyes, man.

I don't know what you are expecting me to see Leon. I've said we're shit, I've said the performance last night was horrendous. I've said the crowds are down due to how bad we are.

But as I mentioned people were positive after the Derby game. Honestly the first time I've walked out of the ground with people buzzing about the game since Villa. I would be certain nobody who went to Derby went home thinking 'I'm not going to watch that shit again', in fact people were saying much the opposite.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2018 10:07

Hound
leon
Hound
yeah I am.

Open your eyes, man.

I don't know what you are expecting me to see Leon. I've said we're shit, I've said the performance last night was horrendous. I've said the crowds are down due to how bad we are.

But as I mentioned people were positive after the Derby game. Honestly the first time I've walked out of the ground with people buzzing about the game since Villa. I would be certain nobody who went to Derby went home thinking 'I'm not going to watch that shit again', in fact people were saying much the opposite.

And now how are they feeling?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2018 10:11

as pissed off as I am I expect

Same story of the season, of get some goodwill by an odd decent performance/result, and then throwing it all away the next game

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Feb 2018 10:21

Nessa From Eldorado
leon
Difference is no one seems to care. What do we have to do, riot?

As far as I can tell the last few remaining fans we had who'd kick up up a fuss when things go wrong, have left and are doing something else with their Saturdays now.

Pretty much left with retired people, Superdry yoot and Team Board internet mongs.

I suppose I wear a Superdry coat.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2018 10:27

Hound as pissed off as I am I expect

Same story of the season, of get some goodwill by an odd decent performance/result, and then throwing it all away the next game

it's the hope that kills you .

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 28 Feb 2018 10:38

double d Wasted 45 minutes of my life there. Left at ht. Chucked my st away somewhere in a bush. I do not see myself ever going back. I will get a Crawley st next year when I move.

Please do.

I'd support Reading even if they were in the Bostik League.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 28 Feb 2018 10:44

Hound Quick flick through the highlights on SSN again whilst waiting for people to 'brave' the snow and get into work

1) What the utter fcuk was Joey doing on the first goal? Thought it was bad at the time but that was abysmal defending

If you can bear it watch it again a few times and each time concentrate on only 1 of the defenders. All at massive fault.

Illori is sucked in toward the initial ball carrier as Kelly missed a tackle and didn't fight back which meant he has to leg it to try (and fail) to close down the crosser, who in turn should have been tracked by Gunter who inexplicably is jogging back watching instead of pressuring. The cross comes in and goes half a foot away from Moore who is standing, marking fcking nothing, he just watches it go past him.

Then you get to Joey who, if you go back has allowed Sharp to literally run a ring around him, decent save from Vito but now Joeys the wrong side so can't do anything.

Utter Shambles.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 28 Feb 2018 10:45

biff 11 Ahmet Rifats would've performed more admirably.

:lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2018 10:51

10539.4 Miles Away
Hound Quick flick through the highlights on SSN again whilst waiting for people to 'brave' the snow and get into work

1) What the utter fcuk was Joey doing on the first goal? Thought it was bad at the time but that was abysmal defending

If you can bear it watch it again a few times and each time concentrate on only 1 of the defenders. All at massive fault.

Illori is sucked in toward the initial ball carrier as Kelly missed a tackle and didn't fight back which meant he has to leg it to try (and fail) to close down the crosser, who in turn should have been tracked by Gunter who inexplicably is jogging back watching instead of pressuring. The cross comes in and goes half a foot away from Moore who is standing, marking fcking nothing, he just watches it go past him.

Then you get to Joey who, if you go back has allowed Sharp to literally run a ring around him, decent save from Vito but now Joeys the wrong side so can't do anything.

Utter Shambles.

yep agreed. Joey took my eye as the most ridiculous of the lot though - why is he facing away from the goal? Why is he trying to fight Sharp rather than clear the ball when he is closer to the ball than Sharp is? Why does he try to back heel it? There was nothing special about the cross at all, just confused how he managed to make such a balls up of it. Watched it a few times through, its actually quite comical

It is utterly unacceptable for a champ CB

double d

by double d » 28 Feb 2018 11:19

Hound
10539.4 Miles Away

Utter Shambles.

yep agreed. Joey took my eye as the most ridiculous of the lot though - why is he facing away from the goal? Why is he trying to fight Sharp rather than clear the ball when he is closer to the ball than Sharp is? Why does he try to back heel it? There was nothing special about the cross at all, just confused how he managed to make such a balls up of it. Watched it a few times through, its actually quite comical

It is utterly unacceptable for a champ CB

Not as bad as Mustafis from Sunday, both of those "CBs" were utterly dreadful in those games.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Feb 2018 11:33

Before I get the usual flack for being "delusional", I am not blind to the fact that the players are really not performing and the selection, particularly last night was poor from the manager. However, if Bacuna sticks in the pen then it's a different story, what can Stam do about him missing a pen? Someone will say pick a better taker - every oxf*rd pro footballer should be able to score a pen - the odds are stacked in the taker's favour.

Joey van den Berg is scarcely a footballer, let a lone a CB - Stam's fault there. We have little better options currently.

BUT, Hull and Barnsley drew which means neither has gained any greater ground on us, it's another game played. I was expecting to lose to Derby and draw this one so looking at the bigger picture things are still OK. "We go again Saturday".

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2018 11:48

the initial comments on the thread don't disagree JS. We were awful in the first half, but actually started the second half reasonably, and had it gone 2-2 then obvs it would have been right back in our favour. The third goal killed it.

Not sure whether I see Saturday as a total write off (Wolves away) or a free hit where any points would be a huge bonus.

The Bolton game is all kinds of massive though. If we lose that, presuming we lose to Wolves, we are knee deep in the brown stuff.

144 posts