Gourlay

299 posts
RoyalJones

Re: Gourlay

by RoyalJones » 31 Aug 2018 19:24

Thoughts on Gourlay after this transfer window? Gourlay In or Out? Not a fan of the guy but I'm intrigued to see what people on here think, he's getting pelters on Twitter.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2018 19:40

Find all the whining about Gourlay a little embarrassing tbh

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2018 19:48

Hound Find all the whining about Gourlay a little embarrassing tbh

+1

Wazzock in particular seriously damages any credibility his complaints or knowledge of the situation might have by being so unnecessarily vitriolic.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 31 Aug 2018 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 31 Aug 2018 20:10

Out ..waste of space and costing the club a hefty sum to take it backwards..

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 31 Aug 2018 21:09

One87One Apologies if touched on already, but Mr Gourlay recently saw off the marketing chap who was helping with the South Stand home fans thing, and he's since brought in his own man.

Worse still, Gourlay's idea of improving the atmosphere is........... A MARCHING BAND!

As I understand it this was dismissed, but, he really doesn't have a clue what the fans want/need!

The Commercial side of the club has been absolutely crippled since Gourlay has been in charge, people walking out in their droves and not being replaced.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 31 Aug 2018 21:17

Snowflake Royal

+1

Wazzock in particular seriously damages any credibility his complaints or knowledge of the situation might have by being so unnecessarily vitriolic.

It is with no intention that my outspoken thoughts on the situation have come across as vitriolic, so apologies for that.

The truth is, the regression we have experienced since being under the tenure of Ron is breaking my heart really, and it’s even more galling that people are unaware of what the true source of the problem really is.

If I’ve gone too gung ho with my thoughts I apologise again, and I hope you can see that even if it comes across as annoying, it comes from a good place.

As it happens, things are beginning to unravel towards the top, which will only be good for the club’s long term future. Gourlay’s neglible running of the club, whether it be through arrogance or ineptitude, is starting to creep into the public light, which do him absolutely no favours moving forward.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Aug 2018 21:18

Why though?.....I think the guy is out of his depth personally. The business end of the club is looking embarrassing as much as it is on the pitch. Thirteen empty boxes against Bolton, empty advertising boards everywhere and shirt sponsorship missing on the back of the kit. When you look at the massive corporations based in Reading and around the stadium and we can't find a decent sponsor for the back of the kit it tels me all I need to know about the bloke. Its alright being CEO at Man U or Chelsea because sponsors throw money at those clubs. He ha no experience of running a club at this level and it shows. I suspect we only kept Carabao because he probably dealt with them at Chelsea. He's one of the many rotten things that is eating away at this club. Whereas clubs like Wigan and Blackburn
clearly had plans in place when they went down, I bet this charlatan had no plan and was in a panic at the end of last season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Aug 2018 22:02

RoyalJones Thoughts on Gourlay after this transfer window? Gourlay In or Out? Not a fan of the guy but I'm intrigued to see what people on here think, he's getting pelters on Twitter.

Why would players want to come to Reading.............. game is all about money.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Sep 2018 10:18

WAZZOCK
Snowflake Royal

+1

It is with no intention that my outspoken thoughts on the situation have come across as vitriolic, so apologies for that.

The truth is, the regression we have experienced since being under the tenure of Ron is breaking my heart really, and it’s even more galling that people are unaware of what the true source of the problem really is.

If I’ve gone too gung ho with my thoughts I apologise again, and I hope you can see that even if it comes across as annoying, it comes from a good place.

As it happens, things are beginning to unravel towards the top, which will only be good for the club’s long term future. Gourlay’s neglible running of the club, whether it be through arrogance or ineptitude, is starting to creep into the public light, which do him absolutely no favours moving forward.

I'm no fan of his and what you say is a worry. I don't think I've worked for many good CEOs, so having a shit one would hardly be surprising.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 01 Sep 2018 12:33

I have no idea whether the rumours about him being toxic around the club are true though, it'll be interesting to find out whether that was the case when he does leave, if it ever comes out. We've gone so far downhill since he's come in, I just don't think he's suitable for the job at all.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 01 Sep 2018 12:38

WAZZOCK
One87One Apologies if touched on already, but Mr Gourlay recently saw off the marketing chap who was helping with the South Stand home fans thing, and he's since brought in his own man.

Worse still, Gourlay's idea of improving the atmosphere is........... A MARCHING BAND!

As I understand it this was dismissed, but, he really doesn't have a clue what the fans want/need!

The Commercial side of the club has been absolutely crippled since Gourlay has been in charge, people walking out in their droves and not being replaced.

Four out of five in the commercial dept have gone.
Empty boxes , no advertising, restaurants only half capacity.
We cant blame the player for that :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Sep 2018 13:57

Thrown contracts to average players like they're going out of fashion. Kept Stam on to a point where we almost went down and has given the green light to sign has been and distinctly average players unlike young promising ones like Ben Wilmot, Marcus Maddison, Bradley Dack and Jack Marriott. Big out from me.

Our sponsors and crowds have diminished too. He may be a nice guy but he has very poor strategic vision.

Get Tevreden out too. The guy's so unprofessional

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 01 Sep 2018 18:52

Royal_jimmy Thrown contracts to average players like they're going out of fashion. Kept Stam on to a point where we almost went down and has given the green light to sign has been and distinctly average players unlike young promising ones like Ben Wilmot, Marcus Maddison, Bradley Dack and Jack Marriott. Big out from me.

Our sponsors and crowds have diminished too. He may be a nice guy but he has very poor strategic vision.

Spot on with your first paragraph.

A couple of questions though;

1) where have you heard that Gourlay is a nice guy?

2) why is Tevreden unprofessional?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 01 Sep 2018 19:29

He's not fit to run a bath yet alone a football club.

A faceless, grossly overpaid imbecile who in any other work would have been sacked ages ago.

A coward for never facing the media or fans .

If the money sucking parasite had a morsel of honour he'd have fallen on his sword a long time ago.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Sep 2018 19:32

No manager would want to work for Gourlay and his drachonian methods of working..so if Clement gets the push..cant see a queue outside Gourlays office wanting job...

...written that he was "ushered" out of Chelsea for his ruthless management style..and wasnt a case that he "left to pursue other opportunities" as was stated on his departure...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 19:35

tee peg
WAZZOCK

..I mean you totally can. Shit players = Shit football = Lack of demand = Lack of need for commercial staff.

In fact that would completely explain it.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 01 Sep 2018 20:59

Jagermesiter1871
tee peg
WAZZOCK

..I mean you totally can. Shit players = Shit football = Lack of demand = Lack of need for commercial staff.

In fact that would completely explain it.

Not bad for a few games in to the season

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Sep 2018 21:37

WAZZOCK
Royal_jimmy Thrown contracts to average players like they're going out of fashion. Kept Stam on to a point where we almost went down and has given the green light to sign has been and distinctly average players unlike young promising ones like Ben Wilmot, Marcus Maddison, Bradley Dack and Jack Marriott. Big out from me.

Tevreden had some unprofessional conversations to a vulnerable person and said some silly things. To be honest if he was the one who negotiated the Aluko deal he should be sacked for that alone.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 01 Sep 2018 21:59

Yeah he's oxf*rd shit. But it was the owners who appointed him. Do you have faith in them to appoint anybody better if they got rid? Sounds like they saw Chelsea on his CV and hired him

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Sep 2018 22:24

Royal_jimmy
WAZZOCK

Tevreden had some unprofessional conversations to a vulnerable person and said some silly things. To be honest if he was the one who negotiated the Aluko deal he should be sacked for that alone.

Huh?

299 posts