MATCHWATCH : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) sponsored by Sammy Chung

286 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) sponsored by Sammy Chung

by Zip » 13 Mar 2018 21:29

This could be 5 or 6. We are reliant on the bottom three almost entirely now because one win in seventeen tells us we are very unlikely to pick up many more points this season.
I cannot understand why this excuse of a manager is still at our club. It is damaging both the club and him.
For the love of God Gourlay show some oxf*rd balls and sack him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Mar 2018 21:29

Reading4eva
Zip If Stam takes us down surely he becomes the worst manager in our history given the transfer spend in 2017

Last season's team was McDermotts. Yet we booted out our second most successful manager for a second time.

What? Are you high? How was that team McDermotts?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Mar 2018 21:29

Zip If Stam takes us down surely he becomes the worst manager in our history given the transfer spend in 2017

Given that his net spending has been more than the rest of the managers in our entire history PUT TOGETHER, he is without doubt the worst manager in entire history. Without question. An absolute disaster.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Mar 2018 21:29

Sutekh
Awayawayaway Hapless. Can't defend, can't attack let alone score.

Pointless season under a pointless manager.

And a (usually) pointless team.

Little point in risking anybody tonight. Games come thick and fast from Easter.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Mar 2018 21:30

leon Another easy goal.

Midfielders just jogging back, no one tracking players, defenders no where near their men.

Utterly fcuking shit.

Our defenders give the other team's attackers the sort of wide berth members of the public do when they see a Big Issue seller up ahead.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2018 21:30

Reading4eva

Last season's team was McDermotts. Yet we booted out our second most successful manager for a second time.

Kermorgant vs Beerens, Berg, Meite, Swift, Moore, Kelly, Blackett, Grabban, Mutch, Mendes, Weiser and Harriott

Yeah, ok. :lol: :roll:

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 13 Mar 2018 21:31

leon Another easy goal.

Midfielders just jogging back, no one tracking players, defenders no where near their men.

Utterly fcuking shit.

Noticed that. Just jogging back and our defence looking all over the place.

Look at QPR, not far above us yet having the balls to pull out a performance at Villa.

The recent draws have papered over the cracks.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 13 Mar 2018 21:31

There's not fight in this team, no one really cares or has the motivation / work rate to turn this season around - been plain to see for a long time and even more so in a game like this.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Mar 2018 21:31

Jagermesiter1871
Reading4eva This has to be it surely. Stam has to go. It gives a new manager or caretaker till the end of the season a bit of time but it could be a shot in the arm. Frankly it's embarrassing.

Burton 2 down. They are fighting though not being good enough. This side ARE good enough. But under this plank they are sliding closer and closer to League One. Birmingham and Sunderland won't get past us, but Burton I think may. They will give everything, whilst our players do not give a rats arse.

Give Gilkes a go - end of the season. He might keep us up. He might not. If he does well then make that decision then. Massive clear out needed in the summer. I'd clear out the majority of them and rebuild

:lol: :lol: you really think they're going to fire Stam after losing to top of the table? It's quite an easy loss to justify, unlike say losing at home to Burton.

It's not just today though is it. We lost at home to Burton. Yes that's when the trigger should have been pulled. But it wasn't. The form is unacceptable. Apart from Burton Away, how long ago was our last win? Wasn't it against an equally crap Sunderland side

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Mar 2018 21:31

strap If Jaap can't get the defence right after nearly two years when he has signed so many defenders, he never will.

How many defenders has Stam signed?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2018 21:31

strap

Given that his net spending has been more than the rest of the managers in our entire history PUT TOGETHER, he is without doubt the worst manager in entire history. Without question. An absolute disaster.

There's simply no way that's true.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 Mar 2018 21:31

I doubt he had any say in signings ..

JR

by JR » 13 Mar 2018 21:32

Awayawayaway
Reading4eva This has to be it surely. Stam has to go. It gives a new manager or caretaker till the end of the season a bit of time but it could be a shot in the arm. Frankly it's embarrassing.

Burton 2 down. They are fighting though not being good enough. This side ARE good enough. But under this plank they are sliding closer and closer to League One. Birmingham and Sunderland won't get past us, but Burton I think may. They will give everything, whilst our players do not give a rats arse.

Give Gilkes a go - end of the season. He might keep us up. He might not. If he does well then make that decision then. Massive clear out needed in the summer. I'd clear out the majority of them and rebuild

Give Gilkes a go :lol:

Agreed!

Gilkes has got to be a massive part of the problem - no decent coaching and managerial pedigree at all and has not been visible or vocal at all.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Mar 2018 21:33

royal_rumble There's not fight in this team, no one really cares or has the motivation / work rate to turn this season around - been plain to see for a long time and even more so in a game like this.

I don't think Birmingham or Sunderland have the fight either but Burton do. Trust me, if we continue like this - they will catch us

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Mar 2018 21:35

tmesis
leon Another easy goal.

Utterly fcuking shit.

Our defenders give the other team's attackers the sort of wide berth members of the public do when they see a Big Issue seller up ahead.

I don't have a problem with Big Issue sellers. They are generally very polite, even when passers-by ignore them, and I do try to purchase an issue when I can. The awkward bit is when I come across a seller who's issue I have already bought from someone else. Do I just buy another one to support the seller, tell him/her I already have that particular issue, or just ignore them? First world problem, much like this RFC team.

No idea why I'm being so sanguine tonight. Tony Cottee says Wolves had the 3 points after just 5 minutes, not even out of second gear, and RFC have been really really poor. Simply no change from most of the season I suppose. If the players can't give a oxf*rd, why the oxf*rd should we? Well, because this is OUR team!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Mar 2018 21:36

Snowflake Royal
strap

There's simply no way that's true.

Like a bet mate?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Mar 2018 21:36

leon Another easy goal.

Utterly fcuking shit.

We deserve to go down because of our attitude alone. Burton might not have the talent but they are run on a shoe string and all their players give 100%. Reading epitomize what is wrong with modern day football on and off the pitch. Money spent badly by people who have no idea what they are doing. A manager hired on his reputation as being a big player. A team that couldn't care less about the club ( bar one or two exceptions) who are happy to pick up their money knowing its guaranteed in league one, or they'll be sold. Owners who don't attend the games who are off somewhere on business and a crowd that can't be arsed to turn up because of all of the above. We deserve to be relegated, whether we will or not relies on how shit everyone else is.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) sponsored by Sammy Chu

by Zip » 13 Mar 2018 21:37

Longhorn1970

I doubt he had any say in signings ..

I just don’t believe that. You don’t think Tevreden had any conversations about the players he needed?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Mar 2018 21:38

Reading4eva
royal_rumble There's not fight in this team, no one really cares or has the motivation / work rate to turn this season around - been plain to see for a long time and even more so in a game like this.

I don't think Birmingham or Sunderland have the fight either but Burton do. Trust me, if we continue like this - they will catch us

I'd love Nigel Clough to be our next manager. I reckon he could do so much with this side.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 13 Mar 2018 21:40

Ascotexgunner
Reading4eva

I'd love Nigel Clough to be our next manager. I reckon he could do so much with this side.

Oh my word. Look at his managerial record.

286 posts