MATCHWATCH : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) sponsored by Sammy Chung

286 posts
Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) sponsored by Sammy Chung

by Brum Royal » 14 Mar 2018 12:12

Hound Did anyone see the SS Highlights? There's one in there where a Wolves player beats the offside trap, and Ilori just walks back into our area after him, even when the ball stays alive.

Its as bizarre as it is awful.

Lolz at showing Aluko's shot just to give us a 'highlight' as well

Is that the one where Jakkola makes a decent double save one on one? It seemed that the Wolves player couldn't believe his luck, and the defence were resigned to it being scored.

Having seen it live, I'm not sure I can take watching it all through again on the "highlights"

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 12:26

Brum Royal
Hound Did anyone see the SS Highlights? There's one in there where a Wolves player beats the offside trap, and Ilori just walks back into our area after him, even when the ball stays alive.

Is that the one where Jakkola makes a decent double save one on one? It seemed that the Wolves player couldn't believe his luck, and the defence were resigned to it being scored.

Having seen it live, I'm not sure I can take watching it all through again on the "highlights"

yep thats the one.

Also just on the Aluko shot. Actually looked like we had a good position with Gunter totally free on the right wing and 2 or 3 in the box. Rather than show any attacking ability, it is actually just another example of terrible decision making

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 14 Mar 2018 12:51

Hound
Brum Royal

yep thats the one.

Also just on the Aluko shot. Actually looked like we had a good position with Gunter totally free on the right wing and 2 or 3 in the box. Rather than show any attacking ability, it is actually just another example of terrible decision making

Yes exactly, the ball should have gone on one more to Gunter to put a cross in, we noticed that at the time. One thing that stood out for me last night was just how poor the decision making all over the pitch is, which is one of the main reasons we keep playing ourselves in to trouble. That's a more difficult problem to fix (as Stam keeps alluding to in his interviews) but stems from on pitch confusion, the system and a huge lack of confidence.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Mar 2018 12:55

TBH i have no issues with Aluko shooting there, 3-0 down coming to the end of the game at least try and make the keeper do something. I'd rather players shoot if they feel comfortable / confident in doing so, than consistently passing just because a man is open.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Mar 2018 13:01

Brum Royal
Hound
Brum Royal

yep thats the one.

Yes exactly, the ball should have gone on one more to Gunter to put a cross in, we noticed that at the time. One thing that stood out for me last night was just how poor the decision making all over the pitch is, which is one of the main reasons we keep playing ourselves in to trouble. That's a more difficult problem to fix (as Stam keeps alluding to in his interviews) but stems from on pitch confusion, the system and a huge lack of confidence.

I think the natural footballing brain is being coached out of them, seems like they are always stuck in two mind what to do. Rather than instinctively doing it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Mar 2018 13:50

Rax Oh, Brian McDermott, what have we done!

The writing was on the wall when Hammond got the WBA job, in comes BT with new ideas and a big name Dutch coach.

Add in Ron Gormless and we really do reap what we sow :evil:

Looking at the mess that is West Brom, we could've been even worse off if Hapless Hammond had stayed!

286 posts