MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

249 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2018 20:21

Snowflake Royal
genome
Old Man Andrews
Ady.

If Ady Williams is a legend, why isn't ALF? He achieved more with the club, has more "iconic" and memorable moments, won more prestigious silverware, played at a higher level with us than Ady.

What's your criterion for a legend? Appearances?

You what? Club captain, local lad, Play Off Final hero, played over 300 games for us Ady Williams is on a par with Adam 'scored a few goals as a substitute' Le Fondre? oxf*rd Benik Afobe has more prestigious silverware with us and Emerse Fae played at a higher level, are they legends?

Are you stoned?

I mean, I love Alf and Ady gets right on my tits on BBCRB, but that's just insane.

Think he was more making an argument that there are many different criteria that could come in to play when bestowing legend status on a player. Don't think he was comparing Ady to Le Fondre in the literal sense.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by genome » 05 Mar 2018 20:24

Snowflake Royal
genome
Old Man Andrews
Ady.

If Ady Williams is a legend, why isn't ALF? He achieved more with the club, has more "iconic" and memorable moments, won more prestigious silverware, played at a higher level with us than Ady.

What's your criterion for a legend? Appearances?

You what? Club captain, local lad, Play Off Final hero, played over 300 games for us Ady Williams is on a par with Adam 'scored a few goals as a substitute' Le Fondre? oxf*rd Benik Afobe has more prestigious silverware with us and Emerse Fae played at a higher level, are they legends?

Are you stoned?

I mean, I love Alf and Ady gets right on my tits on BBCRB, but that's just insane.

Hi Ian!

Maybe you should read the whole thread before posting?

Cheers!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Mar 2018 02:16

genome
Stranded
genome
Hull have 7 points from the last 12, losing only once. Distinctly remember some posters getting ribbed for suggesting their form will pick up...

Barnsley with a couple of results recently, Burton too.

And all still behind us. If they continue to pick up results and we don't then fair enough - we'll still stay up. Just can't stand the view that other teams "are due" or will absolutely pick up whilst we won't. We are abject but clearly so are the teams 19th through 24th.

Well, they've picked up wins recently and we haven't. And we still have to play all top four clubs away from home before the end of the season.

Our home form needs to improve, it could of course happen, but there's nothing to suggest it will, all the while those teams are starting to pick up points.

Over the past 6 games, the form table is as follows:

Hull 8
Barnsley 5
Reading 5
Burton 5
Bolton 5
Sunderland 3
Birmingham 3

So, over the standard 6 game form window only Hull have performed better and Barnsley have a better GD, by 1 goal.

So whilst it may appear that other teams are picking up wins that we aren't, the actual results of late tell a different story.

Over 10 games, picture is a little worse but no-one has taken more that 10pts to our 7. So if we need to worry about a 4 point gap being turned around, no reason to think that over the next 10 games we can't pick up 3 more points than our rivals.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 06 Mar 2018 08:57

im pretty sure were going to win but if we get any less than 3 points from today and Saturday unfortunately I think we will be relegated

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Mar 2018 14:32

Nothing to do with tonight's match, but this is the best bit of news we've had in ages. Hopefully either or both can have a positive impact in the run-in. They certainly shouldn't have any "monkeys on backs" caused by the current dismal run, so might add a bit of spark?

[url][http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/16067861.Reading_FC__Callum_Harriott_and_Joseph_Mendes_end_injury_nightmares_by_helping_Under_23s_sink_West_Brom//url]

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Mar 2018 14:43

strap Nothing to do with tonight's match, but this is the best bit of news we've had in ages. Hopefully either or both can have a positive impact in the run-in. They certainly shouldn't have any "monkeys on backs" caused by the current dismal run, so might add a bit of spark?

[url][http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/16067861.Reading_FC__Callum_Harriott_and_Joseph_Mendes_end_injury_nightmares_by_helping_Under_23s_sink_West_Brom//url]

RACIST!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Mar 2018 14:51

LightwaterRoyal
strap Nothing to do with tonight's match, but this is the best bit of news we've had in ages. Hopefully either or both can have a positive impact in the run-in. They certainly shouldn't have any "monkeys on backs" caused by the current dismal run, so might add a bit of spark?

RACIST!

No need for that shit. It is 2018 ffs.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Mar 2018 16:46

tonight's starting 11 will be interesting. I think it will tell us a lot

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Mar 2018 17:02

3points tonight's starting 11 will be interesting. I think it will tell us a lot

Yes, it will tell us the 11 players who will start the game. Barring red cards/injury a minimum of 8 of those starting will finish it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2018 17:49

I just want us to win the game.

Please, FFS.

double d

by double d » 06 Mar 2018 18:28

I think this is the most important game of our season. A win would be brilliant. A lost could be catastrophic. It is our best chance for ages to get 3 points and we desperately need it. Bolton could be 7 points away if they win and (in the veru unlikely event) that hull, sunderLOLand, burton, Birmingham (Who are looking like one of the worst teams in recent league history) and Barnsley all win or get points, we really will be in the utter shit and unfortunately cannot see us staying up (or at least going right down to the wire).

I do feel confident and predict a tight 1-0 win. But this really is a season defining game. The players really need a win for confidence and the fans need a win because the booing and negativity is not helping at all. Please please please please!!!!!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 18:53

Ady’s cracking on about his sources saying that there will be a surprise debut for Reading....

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Mar 2018 18:56

Yep. Centre back instead of Ilori

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Mar 2018 19:04

Wow. That is bold :lol:

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Mar 2018 19:05

Tom Holmes !! very interesting indeed..never saw that coming.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Mar 2018 19:06

Wow, preparing for Div 1 already lol :shock:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 06 Mar 2018 19:07

I’m trying to work the back 4 out?

Evans centre back?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 06 Mar 2018 19:09

leon I just want us to win the game.

Please, FFS.

THIS!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Mar 2018 19:15

Old Man Andrews
LightwaterRoyal

RACIST!

No need for that shit. It is 2018 ffs.

Blimey, you guys been liaising with Pistol Pete?!? It's a genuine saying!! No, really!!

I despair, I really do!! Some people will find offence when it's a gate!!

Anyway, back to the non-football. :wink:

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Mar 2018 19:17

Wow that lineup is a bit surprising. I have honestly never noticed Tom Holmes before.

If anything Jaap has some massive cojones.

249 posts