MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

249 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by windermereROYAL » 06 Mar 2018 22:44

Just why is Aluko playing centre midfield? I'm sure it`s not by choice,

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bolton Wanderers (h) sponsored by back the boyz and make some noiz

by genome » 06 Mar 2018 22:46

Humanistic
warrpp We have been s**t at home all season yet we have had an average of 13-14k home fans per game.

For the last 2 home games we've had 8-9k fans, after having roughly 14k home fans for the derby game ?

So why have those fans decided now is the time to stop coming to games, and why in such large numbers ?

This might have been answered elsewhere but has RFC gone back to reporting the actual attendance, rather than tickets sold as it has done for the last few years? Seems unlikely mid-season but there were some games earlier this season where the stadium looked incredibly empty yet the reported figure was 15k or something.

I agree. It looked the same % full as it has done for a few games this season. Maybe someone in the Ticket Office wants Stam out and has decided to start reporting the real figures.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Mar 2018 22:48

windermereROYAL Just why is Aluko playing centre midfield? I'm sure it`s not by choice,

I've not seen a lot recently, but what I have seen, it does look by choice to me. He seems to be coming inside and deep to get the ball because we're so slow moving it through midfield (partly because no one ever shows for the ball properly). It looks exactly like a stupid creative player who is frustrated trying to come and make things happen from his own half, and oxf*rd it up, dwelling on the ball, turning into trouble and genuinely making a complete hash of everything ignoring what he should actually be doing and doing all the things you don't want to see a central midfielder do in your own half.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Mar 2018 22:51

Hound We were crap. Bolton were crap. The ref was crap. The game was Sunday league

Tbf Holmes did very well second half, fair play to the lad

Subs were made far too late and we now seem to have given up all pretence or playing football and instead are playing long ball in the hope the ball falls for our only current decent player

Stam is an incredibly lucky man if he is still in a job tomorrow, though I’ve no doubt he will be

Honestly don't quite understand that level of negativity.

Firstly, by definition if you don't expect Stam to be sacked then at most he's credibly lucky if he keeps his job :wink: I think sacking him after a draw would be bizarre.

There was a slightly lack of fluency. Everyone in the team took one bad touch at a crucial time. We didn't play badly, just had a few more individual errors than usual. Wish we'd kept possession a bit more but eh.

Presumably Richards and Bacuna were injured but Ilori and Joey didn't deserve to keep their places so Holmes being picked was a pleasant surprise ( :lol: at the meLOLtdown before the match). Hopefully we can drop Clement soon.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 06 Mar 2018 22:53

Hound Just saw McCleary has broken his ankle. Prob him done for the season I presume

Possibly not a huge loss in terms of his own contribution this season but prob means we are likely stuck with the complete waste of space that is Aluko for the next 11 games

Faaark, we still have 11 more of these to get through....

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Mar 2018 22:55

SCIAG I think sacking him after a draw would be bizarre

Rodgers

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 06 Mar 2018 22:58

genome

Rodgers

Burns

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Mar 2018 23:03

Awayawayaway
genome

Rodgers

Burns

Good points (and I'm sure there are hundreds more!) but there's clearly a difference in magnitude: Stam has achieved much more as our manager than those two, and we're playing much better than we were when those two were sacked.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Mar 2018 23:15

SCIAG
Awayawayaway
genome
Rodgers

Burns

Good points (and I'm sure there are hundreds more!) but there's clearly a difference in magnitude: Stam has achieved much more as our manager than those two, and we're playing much better than we were when those two were sacked.

Are we?

JR

by JR » 06 Mar 2018 23:21

Humanistic
warrpp We have been s**t at home all season yet we have had an average of 13-14k home fans per game.

For the last 2 home games we've had 8-9k fans, after having roughly 14k home fans for the derby game ?

So why have those fans decided now is the time to stop coming to games, and why in such large numbers ?

This might have been answered elsewhere but has RFC gone back to reporting the actual attendance, rather than tickets sold as it has done for the last few years? Seems unlikely mid-season but there were some games earlier this season where the stadium looked incredibly empty yet the reported figure was 15k or something.

This was debated after Sheffield United - think you are exactly right that club has changed their reporting basis mid-season.

It makes very little sense - why would you change as it’s just bad publicity for the club? Unless you are an insider wanting to force change.....

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Mar 2018 23:24

Oh, guess who's being a pcunt on Twitter again. Liam Moore even replied (nicely) to him.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Mar 2018 23:35

genome Oh, guess who's being a pcunt on Twitter again. Liam Moore even replied (nicely) to him.

Lilly Allen?

Floater

by Floater » 06 Mar 2018 23:41

Think Aluko can't go bad overnight, he's a good player not performing like many others. What is the point in playing players who work best on the break to take advantage of pace and a couple of tricks to beat their man when we play at such a pedestrian pace everyone is back behind the ball? If Sir Coppell was in charge I suspect we'd be seeing the likes of Aluko at his best.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 07 Mar 2018 00:20

genome Oh, guess who's being a pcunt on Twitter again. Liam Moore even replied (nicely) to him.

Who? seriously, sorry if im out of the loop but I have no idea lol

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 07 Mar 2018 00:24

Oh LordCKS. just saw it

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Mar 2018 03:43

Snowflake Royal
Hound Just saw McCleary has broken his ankle. Prob him done for the season I presume

Possibly not a huge loss in terms of his own contribution this season but prob means we are likely stuck with the complete waste of space that is Aluko for the next 11 games

McCleary's now about three injuries past being good enough for us anymore unfortunately. This really should be the end of his playing days at Reading. Oh for Popa, or Meite, or Stacey or Novakovitch to give a go.

Novakovich is doing really well on his loan, scoring pretty regularly and getting experience in a team who are top 6 over there. I am glad he's not part of this toxic mess of a club which would probably destroy his confidence. The others, meh. Not showing the same level.

double d

by double d » 07 Mar 2018 05:40

Mike Hunt Oh LordCKS. just saw it

Sounds like an utter bellend. One of his tweets were "I'm glad mccleary broke his ankle so I don't see him play this season and he is out of contract so leaves"

What an utter pfucking nonce.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 07 Mar 2018 06:29

Have we actually played the same 11 in consecutive games this season?
Six changes last evening, not all injury related as the clown in charge says we have to counteract their physical presence.

Heres a managerial thought
WHY NOT LET THEM WORRY ABOUT US AND PLAY TO OUR STRENGTHS (whats left of it!)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Mar 2018 07:12

SCIAG
Hound We were crap. Bolton were crap. The ref was crap. The game was Sunday league

Tbf Holmes did very well second half, fair play to the lad

Subs were made far too late and we now seem to have given up all pretence or playing football and instead are playing long ball in the hope the ball falls for our only current decent player

Stam is an incredibly lucky man if he is still in a job tomorrow, though I’ve no doubt he will be

Honestly don't quite understand that level of negativity.

Firstly, by definition if you don't expect Stam to be sacked then at most he's credibly lucky if he keeps his job :wink: I think sacking him after a draw would be bizarre.

There was a slightly lack of fluency. Everyone in the team took one bad touch at a crucial time. We didn't play badly, just had a few more individual errors than usual. Wish we'd kept possession a bit more but eh.

Presumably Richards and Bacuna were injured but Ilori and Joey didn't deserve to keep their places so Holmes being picked was a pleasant surprise ( :lol: at the meLOLtdown before the match). Hopefully we can drop Clement soon.

I’m not one for jumping on the overly critical views, but be honest, that was a terrible display. Your point on Stam confuses me btw

Actually thought Clement did ok at RB.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2018 08:17

double d
Mike Hunt Oh LordCKS. just saw it

Sounds like an utter bellend. One of his tweets were "I'm glad mccleary broke his ankle so I don't see him play this season and he is out of contract so leaves"

What an utter pfucking nonce.

I genuinely thought you were LordCKS. There are a lot of similarities.

249 posts