Please not tonight boo boys

mumbo-jumbo

Please not tonight boo boys

by mumbo-jumbo » 06 Mar 2018 13:17

Tonight is a massively important game for Reading, bearing in mind the fixture list that lies ahead. Please, please can everybody get behind the team tonight even if, in fact especially if, we go a goal down early doors. Tonight is not the night to vent frustration on the manager or players. The players will know how important 3 points are and are going to be jittery enough as it is. Sing up or shut up.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Please not tonight boo boys

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Mar 2018 13:19

mumbo-jumbo Tonight is a massively important game for Reading, bearing in mind the fixture list that lies ahead. Please, please can everybody get behind the team tonight even if, in fact especially if, we go a goal down early doors. Tonight is not the night to vent frustration on the manager or players. The players will know how important 3 points are and are going to be jittery enough as it is. Sing up or shut up.

Well worth a new topic. Cheers.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 06 Mar 2018 13:21

Old Man Andrews
mumbo-jumbo Tonight is a massively important game for Reading, bearing in mind the fixture list that lies ahead. Please, please can everybody get behind the team tonight even if, in fact especially if, we go a goal down early doors. Tonight is not the night to vent frustration on the manager or players. The players will know how important 3 points are and are going to be jittery enough as it is. Sing up or shut up.

Well worth a new topic. Cheers.

My pleasure x

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 06 Mar 2018 13:21

As we're doing requests.....IF the result goes against us tonight can we have a prolonged and drawn out chorus of boo's at the final whistle followed by the entire stadium chanting "Stam Out"?

Cheers!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Mar 2018 13:35

I think given the fate of Cotterril, if we lose tonight, Stam goes tomorrow morning.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Mar 2018 13:43

John Smith I think given the fate of Cotterril, if we lose tonight, Stam goes tomorrow morning.

Would love that to be true but I can't see it. The owners have had serveral opportunites to do that (Burton at home, Birmingham at home etc) but I just think they either can't afford to sack him or they are so far removed from the day to day running of the club they just have no idea how bad things are.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 Mar 2018 13:50

+1 from me I have to say. Not been our best season, but the vast majority of us do not want third tier footy. Let's try and give them some encouragement.

However, if we are 3 down at half time I reserve the right to leave :-)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Mar 2018 13:51

mumbo-jumbo Tonight is a massively important game for Reading
Glad you reminded me, I had forgotten all about it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Mar 2018 13:53

John Smith I think given the fate of Cotterril, if we lose tonight, Stam goes tomorrow morning.

Dream on, not going to happen.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Mar 2018 14:08

windermereROYAL

We aren't going to lose tonight, I know. I have never been more sure of a result than I have tonight.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 14:19

Y21

As we're doing requests.....IF the result goes against us tonight can we have a prolonged and drawn out chorus of boo's at the final whistle followed by the entire stadium chanting "Stam Out"?

Cheers!

Works for me. But then there won't be anyone left to make it worthwhile in those circumstances.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2018 14:20

John Smith
windermereROYAL

We aren't going to lose tonight, I know. I have never been more sure of a result than I have tonight.

Well let's hope that's true and that it's not a ****** draw.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 06 Mar 2018 14:24

John Smith
windermereROYAL

Unfortunately i have the same attitude, unwavering optimism on the build up towards games, thinking maybe this is the game we finally turn up and pass teams out of the game............watch 10 mins realise we are terrible. Have a paddy and sulk. Repeat for 34 games.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 06 Mar 2018 14:29

I wont be booing I will be cheering the return of club legends adam le fondre and jem karacan!!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Mar 2018 14:29

May I boo at my keyboard if we go 1 down early doors? Oh, and I'm off the booze for the time being due to wasteline issues - on the orders of Mrs Strap, so hystrionics my end will, (hopefully), be subdued anyway!

However, I am sure the team will not give me anything to whinge about at all tonight!!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Mar 2018 14:35

I think we should have a poll to discuss whether Stam should stay or go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Mar 2018 14:35

Coppells Lost Coat
John Smith
windermereROYAL

Unfortunately i have the same attitude, unwavering optimism on the build up towards games, thinking maybe this is the game we finally turn up and pass teams out of the game............watch 10 mins realise we are terrible. Have a paddy and sulk. Repeat for 34 games.

same as. For the Sheff Utd game, heart sunk when I saw the team, and then 10 mins into the game, was obvious it was going to be another shocker.

Need to start the game well, and the fans get on board

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 06 Mar 2018 15:09

Think the first goal could be key, the fans have shown support the last 2 home games and will start again tonight, BUT if we go a goal down :shock: :shock:

royal67

by royal67 » 06 Mar 2018 18:13

windermereROYAL

^^ This.....^^

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Mar 2018 18:22

Has there been booing from kick off at any point this season? Or even when we go 1 goal down?

Doesn't it tend to only start when we clearly have no hope of getting anything from the game and just how dire the performance is, is clear? (I guess that could be from kick off).

Pointless thread (/)