Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

Delboy

Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

by Delboy » 07 Mar 2018 10:06

I have been supporting Reading for over 50 years, and I know you care. But you need to stop being too nice! Tim comment to Jap Stam last night ,"well it was a point gained"! Rubbish this the worst I can remember, one win in 15 games, fans deserting, 2 points in the last 7 home games , no Saturday home win in 11 months.
Start to be controversial, Aidie at least try's, why are you not outside Gourlays office until he gives an interview, why no off the record player comments, why are you not trying to speak to the Chinese. Where is any feedback from Sir John or Nigel Howe.
Guys you are our mouthpiece, you and us will be here after Stam has gone. He gets 10 times what you are paid, give him some real stick for all of us.
I still think we have good players, just badly managed and motivated.

Delboy

Re: Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

by Delboy » 07 Mar 2018 10:08

Sorry I meant Jonathon Low !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2018 10:22

Delboy I have been supporting Reading for over 50 years, and I know you care. But you need to stop being too nice! Tim comment to Jap Stam last night ,"well it was a point gained"! Rubbish this the worst I can remember, one win in 15 games, fans deserting, 2 points in the last 7 home games , no Saturday home win in 11 months.
Start to be controversial, Aidie at least try's, why are you not outside Gourlays office until he gives an interview, why no off the record player comments, why are you not trying to speak to the Chinese. Where is any feedback from Sir John or Nigel Howe.
Guys you are our mouthpiece, you and us will be here after Stam has gone. He gets 10 times what you are paid, give him some real stick for all of us.

Well worth a new topic, thanks.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Mar 2018 10:31

Old Man Andrews
Delboy I have been supporting Reading for over 50 years, and I know you care. But you need to stop being too nice! Tim comment to Jap Stam last night ,"well it was a point gained"! Rubbish this the worst I can remember, one win in 15 games, fans deserting, 2 points in the last 7 home games , no Saturday home win in 11 months.

You must have an awful lot of free time on your hands to comment on every new thread.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 07 Mar 2018 10:41

Old Man Andrews

The new thread police are out again. What is the problem with creating new topics? Shall we consolidate everyone's thoughts into a single thread with 3,000 posts? :roll:

I agree with the original post. Dellor was too nice last night. Yes it's a point, but an undeserved point which we only gained from some individual brilliance from Barrow. To be fair to Stam, we did play a little more direct last night, but the team have had a passing game drilled into them for two years. Add to that another change in personnel and formation, and we have a recipe for a completely disjointed performance which is exactly what we got.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Mar 2018 10:46

I’d imagine BBCRB are guests and have to stay within certain parameters to uphold their tenure.

Back in the Hufford and Reading 107 days, they were going to lose their broadcasting rights.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2018 10:47

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

You must have an awful lot of free time on your hands to comment on every new thread.

Says the idiot replying.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Mar 2018 10:53

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Says the idiot replying.

Name calling is a bit unnecessary but it appears that's your gimmick. Unnecessary comments.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Mar 2018 11:12

TBH, it was a point gained. We should have lost.

It doesn't meant that point gained was good enough, though.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Mar 2018 11:31

genome TBH, it was a point gained. We should have lost.

^This.

It was a point gained on everyone (apart from Bolton).

You could chose to look at it this way, we probably deserved a point v Wolves at home, we lost. We probably deserved to lose last night, we got a point. Swings and roundabouts innit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Mar 2018 11:52

sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division, with a terrible away record, is seen as a point gained.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 07 Mar 2018 12:07

Hound wrote:
sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division, with a terrible away record, is seen as a point gained.

Absolutely spot on. POTD.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Mar 2018 12:10

Hound sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division, with a terrible away record, is seen as a point gained.

Indeed, lol

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2018 12:45

Hound sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division, with a terrible away record, is seen as a point gained.

TBF it has nothing to do with the performance, justice of it or who we were playing.

It's simply an accurate reflection that we gained a point on almost every team we needed to because they all lost.

I keep harping on about it, but we've needed a point a game to be reasonably confident of staying up and over the last 7 games we're just one point behind that schedule. We may not keep it up, but currently we're doing just about enough.

And obvious point is obvious and has been mentioned already, but BBCRB have to maintain professionalism and a working relationship with the club or they will lose their interview, commentary and access privileges.

There's no point being an arse about things, it's not deliberate, it's incompetence.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 07 Mar 2018 13:00

Snowflake Royal
Hound sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division,

And obvious point is obvious and has been mentioned already, but BBCRB have to maintain professionalism and a working relationship with the club or they will lose their interview, commentary and access privileges.

There's no point being an arse about things, it's not deliberate, it's incompetence.

Also some times i think after games it is the worst time to interview anyone, tensions running high and emotions run away with things.
Personally i am not that bothered about what is said after games, its mostly the same drivel, sound bites given by most managers regardless.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 07 Mar 2018 13:52

Or better yet why don't we as the fans of our club stop relying on BBC Berks/Twitter/Facebook/HNA to make our feelings known and actually come together to voice our displeasure at home games. (After/before the match of course and not when the players need us behind them)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Mar 2018 13:58

genome TBH, it was a point gained. We should have lost.

On the way back from the Sheffield game I remember listening to BBCRB and having a rare 'greed' with Ady. He said we aren't in a position to talk about "points dropped", we aren't favorites to beat anyone. He's absolutely spot on.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 07 Mar 2018 14:06

I do think Dellor pulls his punches way too much in his post-match interviews - but I think it's because he's too scared of pissing Jaap off (or whoever is our manager - this isn't a recent phenomenon). The phone-ins from fans have been rightly seething, with more than one caller saying that Stam's destroying the club. Whether that's true or not, or whether Tim agrees or not, he should be putting their points to Jaap - and he can do it in a way that makes it clear that they aren't his opinions if he's too scared of Stam.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Mar 2018 15:26

Raking back over old ground, but its a bit of a shame that Charles Watts moved on in terms of info from the club

He obviously had that relationship with Tevreden (in fact looking at BT's twitter, he still keeps retweeting CW Arsenal stories), that we might get some insight into what is going on behind the scenes.

For whatever reason, he obvs had that contact there which JLow and co just haven't managed to replicate

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Mar 2018 15:37

wingnut I do think Dellor pulls his punches way too much in his post-match interviews - but I think it's because he's too scared of pissing Jaap off (or whoever is our manager - this isn't a recent phenomenon). The phone-ins from fans have been rightly seething, with more than one caller saying that Stam's destroying the club. Whether that's true or not, or whether Tim agrees or not, he should be putting their points to Jaap - and he can do it in a way that makes it clear that they aren't his opinions if he's too scared of Stam.

Maybe as he has history with past managers (especially Brenda) he has been warned about his conduct...