Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

by Coppells Lost Coat » 08 Mar 2018 08:58

Wycombe Royal
Coppells Lost Coat I respect his decision not to attend the game. A show of hands, who would travel to Wolves on a wet weds night, if they had the choice of sending some one else?

But what would he have done in Wolverhampton? Sat in an empty stadium dreaming of managing a big club?

Oh yeah.......my bad.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Mar 2018 11:06

Tim irritates the f**k out of me as a commentator. I often have no idea a goal has been scored as he just hides it in some sort of descriptive sentence rather than saying " GOAL!!". Its more like " he has the ball passes it to him, player running around him, that kick makes it 1-1, the players run around, more stuff happens" and I'm left thinking "what? Huh? Oh that means a goal has been scored. Ok.". He doesn't seem to f**king realise radio listeners can't see the match so whilst he can see the goal he needs to make more of an impact audibly when it goes in. Pissed me off!

But that one flaw aside he's spot on and I like him. True Reading fan, gets passionate, speaks sense, has a track record of attacking managers fearlessly and in my opinion his interviews with Stam are pretty much a perfect balance of respect for a decent chap, and making his points quite clearly. Stam is also a straight speaking honest chap so there's not much more Dellor can say eg Stam saying we could have lost by "6 or 7". That's an honest analysis. What's Dellor meant to say to that? I thoroughly enjoy his post match interviews. But yes I also am increasingly appreciating Adie's no nonsense approach too these days.

Since 1964

by Since 1964 » 08 Mar 2018 11:50

I e-mailed Dellor about 2 seasons ago suggesting he could ask the Manager a question from the fans therefore distancing himself from any criticism of it. The questions would have to be asked and sorted before the game and no direct criticism of a player or staff.
Never got a reply.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Mar 2018 13:27

Hound sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division, with a terrible away record, is seen as a point gained.
Are you speaking as Reading or Bolton fan as that sentence works either way.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Mar 2018 13:38

Forbury Lion
Hound sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division, with a terrible away record, is seen as a point gained.
Are you speaking as Reading or Bolton fan as that sentence works either way.

if you swapped the word 'away' for 'home' it would

But considering I regularly post about watching Reading on here, think you can assume Im a Reading fan

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 08 Mar 2018 20:44

Awayawayaway
Jagermesiter1871 Did anyone hear Dellor having a near break down last night calling Aluko a disgrace? Aluko is his new Vydra, albeit much more deservedly.

He lost it. He was an inch away from losing control there. Who could blame him, Aluko is as dislikeable as his sister.

You lost me there! Totally! Sorry, would you elaborate for thickos like me please? Honest request, no agenda!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Mar 2018 20:57

strap
Awayawayaway
Jagermesiter1871 Did anyone hear Dellor having a near break down last night calling Aluko a disgrace? Aluko is his new Vydra, albeit much more deservedly.

He lost it. He was an inch away from losing control there. Who could blame him, Aluko is as dislikeable as his sister.

You lost me there! Totally! Sorry, would you elaborate for thickos like me please? Honest request, no agenda!

Chelsea lady who had the racism issues with the England manager earlier this season. or are you trying to get info why Kes made that statement?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 08 Mar 2018 21:07

wingnut Doesn't really matter whether it's all or just a few fans (& I'm not saying it's my opinion either), it's clear that there's vocal group of fans unhappy with what Stam's doing. Dellor himself is pretty vocal on the team's and specific individuals' performances and he appears to soft-pedal those opinions when he's face to face with Jaap.

Wouldn't you be?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 08 Mar 2018 21:10

Since 1964 I e-mailed Dellor about 2 seasons ago suggesting he could ask the Manager a question from the fans therefore distancing himself from any criticism of it. The questions would have to be asked and sorted before the game and no direct criticism of a player or staff.
Never got a reply.

Good point. I once wrote to Howe and never got an acknowledgement or reply. To my mind not replying is the height of disrespect. Having supported Reading for 55 years I thought I at least deserved a thanks for my suggestion. Lost all respect after that for Howe

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 09 Mar 2018 11:24

paddy20
wingnut Doesn't really matter whether it's all or just a few fans (& I'm not saying it's my opinion either), it's clear that there's vocal group of fans unhappy with what Stam's doing. Dellor himself is pretty vocal on the team's and specific individuals' performances and he appears to soft-pedal those opinions when he's face to face with Jaap.

Wouldn't you be?

That's not the point is it. The point is, I think, that Dellor gives it large during his commentaries, calling individual players and sometimes the team a disgrace etc., then in his post match interview he bottles it completely like he did on Tuesday with his opening gambit of "well Jaap, a point gained". Which whilst technically correct, isn't really him doing what he's paid to do and calling out Stam on yet another poor performance and result. Same goes for Adie Willams but on a slightly reduced scale.

download

by download » 09 Mar 2018 23:25

To be honest with the exception of the Keegan's "I would love it" interview and possibly a few others that I can't recall, have the media really ever got much out of managers post games.

99.9% are just the usual cliches. I think Tim does his best.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Mar 2018 08:20

download To be honest with the exception of the Keegan's "I would love it" interview and possibly a few others that I can't recall, have the media really ever got much out of managers post games..

TV post match interviews seem to be purely about getting the manager to say something controversial, so the pundits have something to discuss in the studio.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 10 Mar 2018 09:24

Muskrat
paddy20

Wouldn't you be?

That's not the point is it. The point is, I think, that Dellor gives it large during his commentaries, calling individual players and sometimes the team a disgrace etc., then in his post match interview he bottles it completely like he did on Tuesday with his opening gambit of "well Jaap, a point gained". Which whilst technically correct, isn't really him doing what he's paid to do and calling out Stam on yet another poor performance and result. Same goes for Adie Willams but on a slightly reduced scale.

Good point.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2018 11:55

I am gobsmacked at the lack of reporting on all fronts locally about our demise.

Even today - Get Reading, Berkshire, Chronicle - nothing - they on an embargo or something? Is news incoming and they have been told to shut up shop till announcement?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Mar 2018 11:58

paultheroyal I am gobsmacked at the lack of reporting on all fronts locally about our demise.

Even today - Get Reading, Berkshire, Chronicle - nothing - they on an embargo or something? Is news incoming and they have been told to shut up shop till announcement?

The thing is there is only so much you can say. We all know what needs to happen but we all know Stam won't be going.

The journalists we have in this area aren't creative or good enough to write thought provoking pieces about the club and don't have the contacts within the club to get scoops either. There is a paralysis surrounding everything to do with the club, including the journalists.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 12:02

to be fair to Low, he is certainly not holding back on his current thoughts on the team and their position. His ratings from last night show that. He has also said on numerous occasions he has tried to talk to Gourlay or BT and not being granted any access to them.

And as OMA says - what else is there to say?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 15:00

I rarely listen to BBCRB but I did last night, and thought Glen Little was very good. Is he a regular?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Mar 2018 15:40

genome I rarely listen to BBCRB but I did last night, and thought Glen Little was very good. Is he a regular?

He often comes in when one of the others can't make it, in this case, replacing Mick Gooding. I agree he's very good, rational, clear headed, he doesn't waffle on like Tim and doesn't get emotional and reactionary like Ady, probably what makes him a good replacement for Mick in his absence as he tends to play the part of the clear headed, analytical approach.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Mar 2018 16:32

I like Tim Dellor and he knows Stam can get nasty if a question is phrased wrong. Tim asks the right question imo.
He has constantly asked Stam about the "dreaded phone call", but you know what? Everytime the question is asked Stam gives the same answer as if he knows hes going and given up, he sounds so disinterested in his interviews and last night just proved the point.
I wish he would just f*ck off now and take all his back staff with him and we get caretaker in or any out of work manager with a short term contract because things cant get any worse now on the pitch. 1 shot last night in 90 minutes is a real low.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 14 Mar 2018 16:35

I think people have gone from being angry at Jaap to feeling sorry for him tbh.

That's how the interviews and a lot of fans comments come across anyway.