Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Mar 2018 16:59

Awayawayaway I think people have gone from being angry at Jaap to feeling sorry for him tbh.

That's how the interviews and a lot of fans comments come across anyway.

Ive gone the reverse.....

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 Mar 2018 17:29

tidus_mi2
genome I rarely listen to BBCRB but I did last night, and thought Glen Little was very good. Is he a regular?

He often comes in when one of the others can't make it, in this case, replacing Mick Gooding. I agree he's very good, rational, clear headed, he doesn't waffle on like Tim and doesn't get emotional and reactionary like Ady, probably what makes him a good replacement for Mick in his absence as he tends to play the part of the clear headed, analytical approach.

Agreed

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Mar 2018 19:09

download To be honest with the exception of the Keegan's "I would love it" interview and possibly a few others that I can't recall, have the media really ever got much out of managers post games.

99.9% are just the usual cliches. I think Tim does his best.

If that's his best, then maybe he needs to go on an interview training course.

Also, the moment he has to face up to Stam he seems to abandon all of the opinions, criticisms, witch hunts etc. that he has very vociferously expressed during the preceding 90 minutes. Ady Williams tends to display a bit more courage. Personally I suspect it is more to do with a less than strong backbone, as opposed to a genuine fear that the club will turn nasty and ban BBCRB. In the current situation, the club need the local media on their side, far more than the local media need the club.

I really like Glen Little when he is on. He clearly loves the club dearly and always refers to the club and team as 'we'. Gooding has a soft spot for the club but his first loyalties clearly lie with his beloved Newcastle and he also likes Wolves.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 14 Mar 2018 20:49

RoyalBlue
download To be honest with the exception of the Keegan's "I would love it" interview and possibly a few others that I can't recall, have the media really ever got much out of managers post games.

Also, the moment he has to face up to Stam he seems to abandon all of the opinions, criticisms, witch hunts etc. that he has very vociferously expressed during the preceding 90 minutes. Ady Williams tends to display a bit more courage. Personally I suspect it is more to do with a less than strong backbone, as opposed to a genuine fear that the club will turn nasty and ban BBCRB. In the current situation, the club need the local media on their side, far more than the local media need the club.

I really like Glen Little when he is on. He clearly loves the club dearly and always refers to the club and team as 'we'. Gooding has a soft spot for the club but his first loyalties clearly lie with his beloved Newcastle and he also likes Wolves.

I'd agree with that, Tim adopts a different persona when he is actually in front of Stam. Compare that to how he spoke to McDermott at times and it's plain to see he is scared to ask the hard questions. I mean how difficult is it to say, after Stam has said 4 or 5 times we need to defend better, "why are we not defending better?" or "what are you doing in training?"!!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Mar 2018 10:06

royal_rumble
RoyalBlue

I'd agree with that, Tim adopts a different persona when he is actually in front of Stam. Compare that to how he spoke to McDermott at times and it's plain to see he is scared to ask the hard questions. I mean how difficult is it to say, after Stam has said 4 or 5 times we need to defend better, "why are we not defending better?" or "what are you doing in training?"!!

At the moment he seems like a fan who likes to to "give it large" from his sofa, but starts looking for autographs when he's close to fame. Maybe he's been told to rein it in since the Vydra attacks, but personally I suspect he still can't deal with Stam's "aura".

The contrast between how he treated a manager who achieved major success with Reading, and how he treats Stam is pretty startling. I'm not saying he should be going in there all guns blazing, and totally on the offensive, because it would be counter-productive - but there's an interesting story there - why is it that Stam's team cannot seem to cope with basic defending? You'd think he'd be dying to try and get at that. And to me, it boils down to a very simple thing - Tim Dellor is a fan turned broadcaster. He is not knowledgeable about football. I'd rate accidental-football-reporter JLow considerably higher.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2018 12:53

muirinho
royal_rumble
RoyalBlue

At the moment he seems like a fan who likes to to "give it large" from his sofa, but starts looking for autographs when he's close to fame. Maybe he's been told to rein it in since the Vydra attacks, but personally I suspect he still can't deal with Stam's "aura".

The contrast between how he treated a manager who achieved major success with Reading, and how he treats Stam is pretty startling. I'm not saying he should be going in there all guns blazing, and totally on the offensive, because it would be counter-productive - but there's an interesting story there - why is it that Stam's team cannot seem to cope with basic defending? You'd think he'd be dying to try and get at that. And to me, it boils down to a very simple thing - Tim Dellor is a fan turned broadcaster. He is not knowledgeable about football. I'd rate accidental-football-reporter JLow considerably higher.

Clearly MaccyD's achievements are on another level, but let's not forget that Stam has our 7th highest league finish in history under his belt, only bettered by the legends Coppell and McDermott and the combination of McGhee, Quinn and Gooding.

This doesn't change the absolute shambles we are this season, or Stam's significant culpability in that, but there is a case for retaining some respect for Stam after he took us from 17th and 19th to 3rd in his first season.

And he's fooking imposing compared to Brian's amiable character. Interviewing a manager shouldn't be about criticising and antagonising them, and you do need to recognise and be realistic about what they'll answer and what the club will tolerate. Dellor could probably do more, but the people who want him to properly get stuck in are never goingvto get what they want, nor should they.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 15 Mar 2018 13:00

royal_rumble
RoyalBlue

This is exactly why (unbelievably I know) I actually think Stam will succeed. He commands respect. Dellor talked down at McDermott because he didn’t respect him enough, he can’t bring himself to do that to Stam. We’ve all had bosses we can’t help but revere; if Stam can sort his tactics he WILL be a good manager!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Mar 2018 12:06

PistolPete
royal_rumble
RoyalBlue

This is exactly why (unbelievably I know) I actually think Stam will succeed. He commands respect. Dellor talked down at McDermott because he didn’t respect him enough, he can’t bring himself to do that to Stam. We’ve all had bosses we can’t help but revere; if Stam can sort his tactics he WILL be a good manager!

He needs to sort his own brain out first

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 16 Mar 2018 12:18

Ady Williams tends to display a bit more courage

lols

Williams is a weasel.
likes to whip up negative sentiment through veiled comments, insinuation and pretending to play devils avocaat
whilst rarely ever stepping up and owning what he is insinuating

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Mar 2018 12:25

Maneki Neko devils avocaat

I always imagined the devil as more of a Bailey's man.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Mar 2018 12:38

genome

Cointreau surely?

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 16 Mar 2018 12:41

leon
genome

Cointreau surely?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 16 Mar 2018 13:13

Not another failed Dutch manager.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Mar 2018 08:42

Where is Mick Gooding? He seems to have disappeared, or have I missed something?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2018 08:48

Hoop Blah Where is Mick Gooding? He seems to have disappeared, or have I missed something?

Illness I believe. Perhaps the illness relates to him saying that Stam should be given another 10 games to prove himself each week.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Mar 2018 10:16

Well in that case, get well soon Mick!