BFTG - Leeds

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 11 Mar 2018 12:51

We are lacking so much.

Leeds second goal went in, all the heads dropped not a leader out on the pitch rallying the team.

Team Spirit shot to bits.

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 11 Mar 2018 12:52

Emeraldroyal
finchroyal
Emeraldroyal
Cracking analysis take a bow Sir 8)
Special note to the Leeds fans. Once again you managed to demonstrate you have a proper scummy element amongst you and the abuse directed towards Barrow was vile. I took great pleasure in our equaliser because from what I saw ur fans were too busy watching ours and not the game. Northern monkeys !

Urrrrrzzzzzz

What were they chanting/saying to barrow?

In truth I couldn’t make much out but the sight of grown men doing that semi naziesque thing they do and falling onto the canvas on the bottom level whilst ‘trying to get to him’ was laughable in the extreme.
Bunch of animals.

Salutes nothing to do with Nazis, was this right near the end of the second half, the leeds fans were creating because of the shit linesmans decision, to give a goal kick and not a corner. That lino was awfull for both sides.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2018 12:54

The Real Sandhurst Royal We are lacking so much.

Leeds second goal went in, all the heads dropped not a leader out on the pitch rallying the team.

It was so bad it took us two whole minutes to equalise :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2018 13:19

P!ssed Off
Snowflake Royal
Two weeks ago people were asking where the next point was coming from.

Revisionist nonsense.

I'll find you the quotes if you really want. :|

Snowflake Royal The last two games we've got significantly further from relegation by gaining 2 points on those who matter below

P!ssed Off :|

We've increased our points lead by 50% and the amount of games left to catch us has reduced by 17 - 25% That's significant in my book. Especially see as current form sees Birmingham gain no more points, Sunderland not enough to catch us even if we lose every game and Buton only enough to take them 4 points past our current total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2018 13:21

Zip
Snowflake Royal
leon Sorry boys but I’m not convinced.

We’ve played Bolton and Leeds at home. Both execrable teams. We go a goal up and we contrive to draw.

And we’re satisfied with this?

Our organisation throughout the team is getting worse.

Can you say we will win another game this season? Keep a clean sheet?

Who is satisfied?

All that matters is staying up and draws are doing the job.

Two weeks ago people were asking where the next point was coming from.

We don't even need to win a game, but I expect we'll pick up one somewhere, maybe unexpected, maybe Sunderland.

We may have only won 1 in 16, but we've also only lost 1 in 5.

The last two games we've got significantly further from relegation by gaining 2 points on those who matter below whilst they burnt three chances to gain on us. Why on Earth be so depressive given that?

Worrying or being disappointed won't do shit to help.

I don’t agree. We have had mainly home games recently. We haven’t won any of them. Six of our final ten games are away from home. Most of those are very tough. At some point the teams below will pick up points....obviously when they play each other for a start. We are likely to see the gap start reducing when we then struggle against the best sides in the division away from home.

We've won more away than at home, so surely it's better to have more away games? People have been saying for two months that the teams at the bottom will start picking up points. Yet Hull are the only one to have really done it. Three more teams need to overtake us and Hull are only ahead on goal difference.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 11 Mar 2018 13:47

Well here's my tuppence for what it's worth. Nr 2 son got me and Nr 1 son tickets .... in the Leeds end!?!?! That was interesting, until a word with a friendly steward (they do exist) and a flash of our RFC Membership Cards got us moved to Lower West.

Nr 1 son and I both said after 30 mins that if this is supposed to be us playing badly, we couldn't see what the fuss was about! Then the unforced errors started, leading to the inevitable equaliser just before h/t. Cue Stam's usual pathetic team talk (or should I say our team's pathetic reaction to it), and we started fannying around, half asleep and before long 1-2 down. Thankfully a bit of spirit and we equalised soon after. I feel that if we hadn't equalised that quickly we never would have in the rest of the game.

Why oh why can't we play something approaching the first 30 mins for a full 90, and why oh why are we so soporific coming out after h/t?

I was surprised at how adequate Ilori and Clement were yesterday. Sadly they were only that though. Kelly can be brilliant and rubbish in the space of 2 minutes, but I guess he'll learn from that. Can understand why previous posters rate Jakkola over Mannone, but were a couple of his saves "for the cameras"?

Bodvarsson was all over the place - in a good way - although not sure if he's best suited to being on either wing.

Barrow was good on the ball going forward, but on many occasions he was dispossessed by a Leeds player whilst he was simply waiting for the ball to come to him.

I can see why Aluko comes in for so much stick. As with Kelly he can be brilliant one minute, utter crap the next, sadly with him there is too much of the latter.

Bacuna was steady, and whilst Gunter was laboured I still find it difficult to understand how he gets such a slagging off. How many consecutive Welsh caps has he amassed now? How many minutes has he missed for RFC this season? He must be doing something right to be selected so consistently for club and country.

Moore was just Moore. Steady and trying to keep things together when all about him were making mistakes any of us would be embarrassed by had we made them on a Sunday game.

I also thought Evans put in an adequate stint, and we really went off the boil when he was replaced.

The stats suggest we were out-gunned by Leeds, so all in all we can complain about coming away with a point. If we play like the first 30 mins for the rest of the season, (yep, a big if I know), we'll be fine.

Have to compliment the Leeds fans for their singing. It's almost as though they go to away games for a shant and a sing-song! If there is also a game on, then so much the better, but it's not mandatory! Bunch of Northern knuckle-draggers if our brief experience in the South Stand is anything to go by, but boy can they sing!

Oh, and the lunch buffet in Le Cafe beforehand was pleasant too!!

So dropped a place, but increased the gap over the bottom 3 by another point, so on balance a very pleasant day indeed.

There does seem to be a nucleus of a good team in there somewhere. We just need a manager who can bring it all together. Stam is NOT that manager. His touch line antics were laughable, telling each player where Stam thinks he should be for the entire game. Close season clear-out will begin soon and we can look forward to a better season next year.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 11 Mar 2018 14:46

finchroyal
Emeraldroyal
finchroyal What were they chanting/saying to barrow?

In truth I couldn’t make much out but the sight of grown men doing that semi naziesque thing they do and falling onto the canvas on the bottom level whilst ‘trying to get to him’ was laughable in the extreme.
Bunch of animals.

Salutes nothing to do with Nazis, was this right near the end of the second half, the leeds fans were creating because of the shit linesmans decision, to give a goal kick and not a corner. That lino was awfull for both sides.

I’m aware it’s nothing to do with them hence the term ‘naziesque’ it’s that stupid salute thing they do..

He got absolute pelters the whole game especially after his 1 on 1 miss but it was vitriolic. I’m all for passion but there’s definitely a nasty element to their support.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Mar 2018 15:11

strap Stam's touch line antics were laughable, telling each player where Stam thinks he should be for the entire game.

Unlike you, I don't know what he was saying. :wink: Are his 'touch line antics' really all that radically different than most others? Nearly all of them stand throughout. If he sat down all game and said nothing he'd get lynched. Heckingbottom for Leeds yesterday, an admired and respected manager, stood all game, did his fair share of 'antics', and was quite animated at times...and he's vastly more experienced. Parky, Harris, Warnock, Adkins, etc, have all appeared similar to me.
strap There does seem to be a nucleus of a good team in there

To what do you attribute that to? He took over a squad that finished 17th and 19th the two years prior.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 11 Mar 2018 15:43

Can't help feeling this side would be so much better with two decent defensive full backs. The amount of unopposed crosses that get delivered in and around our 6 yard box is nonsense. The last few weeks alone have seen not far off a goal a game conceded in that type of manner. Very difficult for keeper and centre backs in this team.
I think we have enough in the locker going forward but just two clean sheets in the league since we played Leeds away tells its own story.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Mar 2018 16:04

strap
There does seem to be a nucleus of a good team in there somewhere. We just need a manager who can bring it all together.

With a full squad to pick from we'd be a much different proposition. The flaws in the current team selection are all too obvious. Yesterday was the best available for the opposition. Wouldn't be surprised to see the U23's turn out against Wolves. Might was protect the players we've got against further injuries.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 11 Mar 2018 16:18

Wasn't awful, wasn't great. Tactically awful from their manager.

For a a few minutes after our equaliser we had them in the wrack and we let them off the hook. Under better leadership we would have got the winner.

Ending back at the keeper and nearly conceding when we have a trow in their final third and chasing a winner is a massive past take.

Stam out.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 11 Mar 2018 16:28

What was the Jimmy Savile song the Leeds fans were singing? It sounded like 'Jimmy Savile, he's one of our own'.

Now the Leeds fans are a class bunch, so it surely couldn't have been that.....

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Mar 2018 16:35

The Real Sandhurst Royal We are lacking so much.

Totally agree here, once we scored our goal we played some really good football and it really looked like some of the confidence was coming back and really should have gone on to nail the much needed win. However, because the confidence is shot to bits, as soon as Leeds scored we totally went to bits.
Football is about fine margins, i really think we are not a bad team, and if we had managed to put a few wins together we would be in a much different position today.
Regarding the performances, i really thought Clement was OK, and is a really good footballer, he just needs a bit more time to adapt and maybe get stuck in more, also i thought that our keeper played OK and would be happy to give him an extended run in the team.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 11 Mar 2018 16:49

Denver Royal
strap Stam's touch line antics were laughable, telling each player where Stam thinks he should be for the entire game.

Unlike you, I don't know what he was saying. :wink: Are his 'touch line antics' really all that radically different than most others? Nearly all of them stand throughout. If he sat down all game and said nothing he'd get lynched. Heckingbottom for Leeds yesterday, an admired and respected manager, stood all game, did his fair share of 'antics', and was quite animated at times...and he's vastly more experienced. Parky, Harris, Warnock, Adkins, etc, have all appeared similar to me.
strap There does seem to be a nucleus of a good team in there

To what do you attribute that to? He took over a squad that finished 17th and 19th the two years prior.

Sorry, I meant by his antics of waving his arms at players, shouting at them and pointing at various random position on the field. No idea what he was saying, but what he was trying to convey was clear. Based the nucleus of a good team comment on the disply in the first 30 minutes.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2018 16:56

I think you’re warming to him Strap

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2018 17:38

Having seen the goals now:

Great little steal from Kelly and a nice touch from Clement for Aluko to play a beautifully weighted pass for Bod, with Barrow queuing up behind him. That's the sort of simple pass up through the park we should be looking for when there's space. And we need to be engineering that space when it's not there.

For their first, it's just more general disorganisation of the team. In better shape, Bacuna (well an actual right back - except Gunter obvs) would have been out to the player who picked up the loose ball from Jaakkola's (sensible, but naff) punch. There would have been someone tighter to the Leeds player who came over to help out and Bacuna wouldn't have got caught in no man's land half tracking the run and half defending against the player who received the ball because no one was helping him out well enough. Then there's the typical halfhearted - poor rub of the green - semi block from Moore that takes it away from Jaakkola and Gunter heads into his own net.

For their second, Kelly played the sort of ball that should be exactly right, except Clement hadn't moved, didn't move and then didn't chase.

Our second, good bit of interchange involving Aluko (still don't rate him) and Bacuna for the deflection, with Bod possibly having a chance to tuck away a loose ball if it hadn't been deflected in.

No oxf*rd clue what Jaakkola thought he was doing let the ball run past him so long with someone chasing in. Just oxf*rd smash it upfield if there's no pass on immediately.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2018 17:40

^ freeze frame?

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 11 Mar 2018 18:20

strap Well here's my tuppence for what it's worth. Nr 2 son got me and Nr 1 son tickets .... in the Leeds end!?!?! That was interesting, until a word with a friendly steward (they do exist) and a flash of our RFC Membership Cards got us moved to Lower West.

Nr 1 son and I both said after 30 mins that if this is supposed to be us playing badly, we couldn't see what the fuss was about! Then the unforced errors started, leading to the inevitable equaliser just before h/t. Cue Stam's usual pathetic team talk (or should I say our team's pathetic reaction to it), and we started fannying around, half asleep and before long 1-2 down. Thankfully a bit of spirit and we equalised soon after. I feel that if we hadn't equalised that quickly we never would have in the rest of the game.

Why oh why can't we play something approaching the first 30 mins for a full 90, and why oh why are we so soporific coming out after h/t?

I was surprised at how adequate Ilori and Clement were yesterday. Sadly they were only that though. Kelly can be brilliant and rubbish in the space of 2 minutes, but I guess he'll learn from that. Can understand why previous posters rate Jakkola over Mannone, but were a couple of his saves "for the cameras"?

Bodvarsson was all over the place - in a good way - although not sure if he's best suited to being on either wing.

Barrow was good on the ball going forward, but on many occasions he was dispossessed by a Leeds player whilst he was simply waiting for the ball to come to him.

I can see why Aluko comes in for so much stick. As with Kelly he can be brilliant one minute, utter crap the next, sadly with him there is too much of the latter.

Bacuna was steady, and whilst Gunter was laboured I still find it difficult to understand how he gets such a slagging off. How many consecutive Welsh caps has he amassed now? How many minutes has he missed for RFC this season? He must be doing something right to be selected so consistently for club and country.

Moore was just Moore. Steady and trying to keep things together when all about him were making mistakes any of us would be embarrassed by had we made them on a Sunday game.

I also thought Evans put in an adequate stint, and we really went off the boil when he was replaced.

The stats suggest we were out-gunned by Leeds, so all in all we can complain about coming away with a point. If we play like the first 30 mins for the rest of the season, (yep, a big if I know), we'll be fine.

Have to compliment the Leeds fans for their singing. It's almost as though they go to away games for a shant and a sing-song! If there is also a game on, then so much the better, but it's not mandatory! Bunch of Northern knuckle-draggers if our brief experience in the South Stand is anything to go by, but boy can they sing!

Oh, and the lunch buffet in Le Cafe beforehand was pleasant too!!

So dropped a place, but increased the gap over the bottom 3 by another point, so on balance a very pleasant day indeed.

There does seem to be a nucleus of a good team in there somewhere. We just need a manager who can bring it all together. Stam is NOT that manager. His touch line antics were laughable, telling each player where Stam thinks he should be for the entire game. Close season clear-out will begin soon and we can look forward to a better season next year.

Spot on as usual, strap.

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 11 Mar 2018 20:10

Hampshire Royal What was the Jimmy Savile song the Leeds fans were singing? It sounded like 'Jimmy Savile, he's one of our own'.

Now the Leeds fans are a class bunch, so it surely couldn't have been that.....

Hes fingered Jap stam Jimmy saville hes fingered Jap stam
Jap stams a oxf*rd jap stams a oxf*rd over and over

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Mar 2018 20:36

Tongue in cheek stuff...at least they were there :lol:
fair play to them, they aren't going anywhere much