BFTG - Leeds

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Mar 2018 19:40

Lower West wrote:-,
Some of us follow the club whatever the division they play in. That's what being a supporter is about. Money is creating huge rifts within leagues not just divisions.

"Some of us" have supported Reading for over 60 years and still have a season ticket and will have one next season.
Pass and move football doesn't just apply to top players-we were doing it at Primary School.
Unfortunately our current rabble forgets the move bit.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 12 Mar 2018 20:39

LWJ
Victor Meldrew One funny moment yesterday was Ball-boygate.
A ball-boy twice refused to give the ball to a Spurs player and on another occasion he threw it away.

IMO our ball-boys/girls are useless. Slow to get to the ball and return it especially when we are attacking. I want to see them jump the advertising and speed the game up. Not wait for it to roll past before they walk to the ball and then walk back!

It wouldn't make any difference because we are so slow with throw-ins and goal kicks anyway.

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 12 Mar 2018 22:18

Ball boys are more than likely half asleep, due to it being so quiet most the time :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Mar 2018 22:34

Vicky Pollard
CountryRoyal
LWJ IMO our ball-boys/girls are useless. Slow to get to the ball and return it especially when we are attacking. I want to see them jump the advertising and speed the game up. Not wait for it to roll past before they walk to the ball and then walk back!

They seem all too keen to give the back to the opposition quicker as well. It's almost like their kids from local schools who don't particularly care about the game/result.

This is spot on and something I have noticed which differs to most other clubs. At other grounds the ball boys actively try to do what they can for their team - not give the ball back quickly for us etc.

Out ball boys seem passive and nonchalant. In keeping with most the fan base tbf.

I'm in for the ball boy slating too. They are awful. Maybe I have a tinted memory of 05/06 (and I know we had multi ball then too) but we generated tempo just from recycling the ball quickly and they played a key role. They seem to be sitting on their hands most of the time and look at each other whenever the ball goes out of play.

TBH given our full backs complete inability to take a throw in in under 5 minutes, especially Gunter, that's probably communicated itself to them. When you've got Murty chivvying you along and taking a quick simple throw when he gets the ball it probably encourages are more attentive response.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Mar 2018 12:50

One further footnote to that Bournemouth game-the whole of Sweet Caroline was played before kick-off.
Is the song now compulsory for all games? :wink: