BFTG - Leeds

RG7Fan

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by RG7Fan » 10 Mar 2018 20:43

Jagermesiter1871 Anyone who was at Stevenage away know how long Jaakkola takes with goal kicks. Seems bizare he's played the last few games...why? What has Mannone done wrong all season?

His performance against Derby especially with short goal kicks to Illori that needlessly put us under pressure justifies being dropped for the Bolton game at least.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 10 Mar 2018 20:48

30 minutes very good-should have built a good lead-then 60 minutes of pants-we were lucky to get a point-but a draw was probably a fair outcome.

IMHO

Jakkola 5 : A pretty average performance, was let down by the smack down-OMG I thought it was in. Don't think the lad is quite the full loaf-he takes an age to do anything.

Bacuna 5: His season , probably sums up Reading's season.Loads of potential, let down by lack of concentration and dodgy attitude; when things don't go his way.

Gunter 3: He really is having a patchy season-he was all over the place physically and mentally today-should never be captain.

Mooore7: Usual service-not quite on his top line.
Ilori 5: Still an accident waiting to happen-not sure what his level is-certainly not the hurly burly of the Championship.

Evans 6: A statue in midfield, summed up by his booking-good shot on goal 1st half.
Pelle 4: Disappeared for a good hour.Reminds me of Piazon-but unlike Piazon-doesnt get close to the opposition goal
Kelly 5: Apart from two horrible interceptions, had a pretty good game.

Alukho 4: A lot of people thought he played well today-couldn't see it myself-when is the real Alukho going to turn up ?
Bovardson 7: MOM-put in a real shift & took his goal well.

Mo 6: Disappeared 2nd half-Tuesday, obviously took a lot out of him-what shape is he going to be in for Wolves.

Edwards: Just don't get him-he was woeful.
Swift : Painfully slow and ponderous-but has to be a better bet than Pelle.

Ref: Some obviously poor decisions.

Good to see a crowd in-didn't expect that.

What have we got to lose against Wolves and Norwich (except our goal difference) give it a go !

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 10 Mar 2018 20:48

Jagermesiter1871 Anyone who was at Stevenage away know how long Jaakkola takes with goal kicks. Seems bizare he's played the last few games...why? What has Mannone done wrong all season?

Mannone is steady, but can you remember many great saves from him this season? Goalies have got to stop goals going in and Mannone hasn't done nearly enough of it: compare him to any of our recent keepers. Jaakola just looks better overall and he is a bit more commanding on crosses as well. He should get the rest of the season without having to worry about the odd error. He might be a lucky keeper as well.

Today was entertaining enough for it to be enjoyable. Aloku finally looked competent, and Kelly is still on good form. I'm not sure who was man of the match, but Barrow was great until he tired at the end.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Mar 2018 20:53

Jaakola - 4 - Good save in the first half keeps his score from getting any lower. His punch from the corner leading to the first goal was easy to claim and led directly to the goal scoring opportunity. Almost gifted them a goal in the second half by allowing the attacker to get within 1 foot of him before trying to clear it.
Bacuna - 6 - Inconsistent but skillful on the ball.
Ilori - 6 - Was marking nobody for the first goal but was good on the ball.
Moore - 7 - Won a good few headers and was good in general.
Gunter - 6 - Wasnt bad but playing him on the left often leads to him passing the ball straight out of play.
Kelly - 5 - Started so well, fell of completely.
Evans - 5 - Didnt do much other than take a couple of shots and get carded.
Clement - 6 - Was fine in the first half,involved in good attacking movement and chasing down the ball, then shockingly poor in the second.
Barrow - 7 - Played well but faded when switched to the left. Well taken goal and could have had a second.
Aluko - 7 - Was mostly good. Almost 2 assists. Still sits too deep at times.
Bodvarsson - 7 - Good goal well taken. Needs to start.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Mar 2018 21:06

RG7Fan I hold Clement mainly responsible for their second goal - just stood and watched as the ball went past him.

Was Kelly's pass into space that created the whole situation. Moore had a go at him immediately afterwards.

Just like Tuesday's gift to Bolton that fortunatelty didn't result in a goal. Simply not enough at this level to warrant a starting place.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 10 Mar 2018 21:13

Lower West
RG7Fan I hold Clement mainly responsible for their second goal - just stood and watched as the ball went past him.

Was Kelly's pass into space that created the whole situation. Moore had a go at him immediately afterwards.

Just like Tuesday's gift to Bolton that fortunatelty didn't result in a goal. Simply not enough at this level to warrant a starting place.

But Clement stood and watched it and, in my view, could have got to it to cut it out. Maybe 50/50 between the two.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Mar 2018 21:26

RG7Fan
Lower West

But Clement stood and watched it and, in my view, could have got to it to cut it out. Maybe 50/50 between the two.

Got to agree with RG7Fan here. Mistakes can be recovered from. Clement standing there doing nothing was equally to blame. The pass was terrible but the lack of reaction to the pass is what led to the goal.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 10 Mar 2018 22:39

What are Leeds champions of?

Jonny Royal

by Jonny Royal » 10 Mar 2018 22:46

Defence, what defence !

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Mar 2018 22:48

parky What are Leeds champions of?

Getting undeserved television coverage.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Mar 2018 22:49

Isn't that the bullshit thing they have where they think they got cheated out of the 1975 European Cup final?

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 10 Mar 2018 22:51

John Madejski's Wallet Frustrating game. The first 35 min was everything we want from this team. Fast, incisive passing. Intent. Should have been 3 up.

But then the Ilori factor kicked in to full swing, half-arsed balls into feet when the player is facing our goal and has a man on his back, and it all crumbles. Cut Jansi reverting to punching an easy collection and we're back to 1-1 and nearly 1-2.

Whatever Stam said at half time, we just reverted to slow, pass-back sh*t and a Leeds goal was inevitable. That goal from pointless lazy passing from Kelly.

Stroke of luck for the equaliser, our tails are up, the stadium is rocking, we start attacking for the win..... and f#cking Jaap f#cking Stam decides for the first time in his career to make an early double substitution and kill all momentum and threat.

Cue more sh*t playing around at the back and they nearly get a comedy goal from our own lame backwards free kick.....just what was with Gunter second half :shock:

Anyway. Entertaining, some very good football, some very bad football. I'm going to try and cling to those first 35 min :)

Cracking analysis take a bow Sir 8)
Special note to the Leeds fans. Once again you managed to demonstrate you have a proper scummy element amongst you and the abuse directed towards Barrow was vile. I took great pleasure in our equaliser because from what I saw ur fans were too busy watching ours and not the game. Northern monkeys !

Urrrrrzzzzzz

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 10 Mar 2018 22:52

Westwood52
Alukho 4: A lot of people thought he played well today-couldn't see it myself-when is the real Alukho going to turn up ?

I'm quite happy with the Aluko that got an assist and a near assist. As opposed to the waste of space he's been for the previous few games.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 10 Mar 2018 22:55

I hope JS is watching MOTD tonight they have just explained in some detail why playing similarly to Soton risks failure and even relegation!

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 10 Mar 2018 23:05

tidus_mi2

Isn't that the bullshit thing they have where they think they got cheated out of the 1975 European Cup final?

You know it is, why ask the question?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Mar 2018 23:41

Can’t believe the really low marks for Jaakkola. He was much improved on Tuesday night making several good saves. Horrible moment near the end though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Leedsp

by Zip » 11 Mar 2018 00:09

Jaakkola 6 Fine until that horror moment towards the end
Gunter 5 Struggled against their number ten. Too negative
Moore 6 Solid
Illori 5 Distribution poor at times
Bacuna 5 Caught out of position for their first goal
Kelly 5 Busy but involved in mix up for Leeds second goal
Clement 5 Okish
Evans 6 Improved on Bolton
Aluko 6 Involved in both goals. Better today
Barrow 5 End product was really poor
Bodvarsson 8 Worked his socks off

Edwards 5 Ineffective
Swift 5 Ineffective

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Mar 2018 01:04

Why are people thinking that entire performance and a point was good enough?

Seriously? We’re a shambles. And it’s getting worse.

Leeds were a dreadful away side and they scored two and got a draw.

But hey! We got a point.

Are you all totally fcuking mad?

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 11 Mar 2018 01:07

By chance ended up chatting to a Sunderland fan tonight in the pub, did offer some perspective, in their eyes their dead in the water with literally not one player to get behind, I reckon we’re just about better off, we have mo barrow, and points on the board

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Mar 2018 01:10

Stockport Royal By chance ended up chatting to a Sunderland fan tonight in the pub, did offer some perspective, in their eyes their dead in the water with literally not one player to get behind, I reckon we’re just about better off, we have mo barrow, and points on the board

Not being funny but we were 3 last season we should be aiming higher than hoping other teams are imploding