BFTG - Leeds

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by genome » 11 Mar 2018 07:11

leon Why are people thinking that entire performance and a point was good enough?

Seriously? We’re a shambles. And it’s getting worse.

Leeds were a dreadful away side and they scored two and got a draw.

But hey! We got a point.

Are you all totally fcuking mad?

How are we getting worse? The performance was miles better than Bolton, increased the gap to the bottom 3, and we now have 1 loss in 5.

Yes we need to pick up a win soon, but if we show the level of commitment and effort we did yesterday for the rest of the season, we'll get enough points on the board to stay up.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 11 Mar 2018 07:26

leon
Stockport Royal By chance ended up chatting to a Sunderland fan tonight in the pub, did offer some perspective, in their eyes their dead in the water with literally not one player to get behind, I reckon we’re just about better off, we have mo barrow, and points on the board

Not being funny but we were 3 last season we should be aiming higher than hoping other teams are imploding

Yeah, I cant think of a single sport where hoping 3 teams are worse than you is considered an achievement.
Still, the bottom 3 (or 4) are running out of time to catch us.
Stam being sacked somewhere between the final whistle of game 46 and the first second of the transfer window is beginning to look almost certainious (word?)

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 11 Mar 2018 07:32

Emeraldroyal
John Madejski's Wallet Frustrating game. The first 35 min was everything we want from this team. Fast, incisive passing. Intent. Should have been 3 up.

But then the Ilori factor kicked in to full swing, half-arsed balls into feet when the player is facing our goal and has a man on his back, and it all crumbles. Cut Jansi reverting to punching an easy collection and we're back to 1-1 and nearly 1-2.

Whatever Stam said at half time, we just reverted to slow, pass-back sh*t and a Leeds goal was inevitable. That goal from pointless lazy passing from Kelly.

Stroke of luck for the equaliser, our tails are up, the stadium is rocking, we start attacking for the win..... and f#cking Jaap f#cking Stam decides for the first time in his career to make an early double substitution and kill all momentum and threat.

Cue more sh*t playing around at the back and they nearly get a comedy goal from our own lame backwards free kick.....just what was with Gunter second half :shock:

Anyway. Entertaining, some very good football, some very bad football. I'm going to try and cling to those first 35 min :)

Cracking analysis take a bow Sir 8)
Special note to the Leeds fans. Once again you managed to demonstrate you have a proper scummy element amongst you and the abuse directed towards Barrow was vile. I took great pleasure in our equaliser because from what I saw ur fans were too busy watching ours and not the game. Northern monkeys !

Urrrrrzzzzzz

What were they chanting/saying to barrow?

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 11 Mar 2018 07:54

leon Why are people thinking that entire performance and a point was good enough?

But hey! We got a point.

Indeed.

As I left I heard someone say ‘oh well, at least we had a go’. Just about sums up the state of things atm. On a positive side I thought that (obvious mistakes aside) Kelly, Clement, Aluko and Jaakola all showed improvement.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2018 08:04

leon
Stockport Royal By chance ended up chatting to a Sunderland fan tonight in the pub, did offer some perspective, in their eyes their dead in the water with literally not one player to get behind, I reckon we’re just about better off, we have mo barrow, and points on the board

Not being funny but we were 3 last season we should be aiming higher than hoping other teams are imploding

We should be, but you should also be over that given laat season counts for nothing and finished almost a ywar ago.

We are where we are and when all is said and done if we stay up, nothing in this season really matters.

A point a game is all we really need and we're still getting further from the bottom three without even being on target for that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Mar 2018 08:51

But hey! We got a point.

Leeds were there for the taking in the first half but much better once they scored. They are a decent side on a very poor run. We played well for the first 40 minutes but once again we were very poor defensively. We were poor in the second period.

It was an improvement on Bolton but that’s not saying much. We have a lot of hard games coming up where we are likely to lose so we could still be in deep trouble.

Davezk

by Davezk » 11 Mar 2018 09:00

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
leon

Yeah, I cant think of a single sport where hoping 3 teams are worse than you is considered an achievement.
Still, the bottom 3 (or 4) are running out of time to catch us.
Stam being sacked somewhere between the final whistle of game 46 and the first second of the transfer window is beginning to look almost certainious (word?)

Certain

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Mar 2018 09:03

Jagermesiter1871 Anyone who was at Stevenage away know how long Jaakkola takes with goal kicks. Seems bizare he's played the last few games...why? What has Mannone done wrong all season?

How about letting shots in that most good keepers would save? The save by Jakola in the second half would have been a goal with Manone I think

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Mar 2018 09:11

I wouldn’t say we are getting worse (pretty difficult to get too much worse than 1 win in 16 or whatever it is) but I don’t think we are getting better either

We’ve thrown in the odd encouraging half/performance most of the season

We are a poor side for whatever reason currently. It really is a case of just trying to scrape together enough points to stay up

At least we do look like scoring goals at the moment - even when we are playing rubbish we are creating opportunities

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 11 Mar 2018 09:25

Schmeichel the dog

But hey! We got a point.

Indeed.

As I left I heard someone say ‘oh well, at least we had a go’. Just about sums up the state of things atm. On a positive side I thought that (obvious mistakes aside) Kelly, Clement, Aluko and Jaakola all showed improvement.

But that is the state of things. Yes we should be higher. Yes we are mostly awful at the moment.....but, we took a point and are now two wins above the relegation places. All we need to focus on now is staying up. That is it. So I was pleased with the performance because playing like that in the majority of games we have left should keep us up. That doesn’t mean I thought we were excellent. Just better than recently (which isn’t hard).

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 11 Mar 2018 10:45

finchroyal
Emeraldroyal
John Madejski's Wallet Frustrating game. The first 35 min was everything we want from this team. Fast, incisive passing. Intent. Should have been 3 up.

But then the Ilori factor kicked in to full swing, half-arsed balls into feet when the player is facing our goal and has a man on his back, and it all crumbles. Cut Jansi reverting to punching an easy collection and we're back to 1-1 and nearly 1-2.

Whatever Stam said at half time, we just reverted to slow, pass-back sh*t and a Leeds goal was inevitable. That goal from pointless lazy passing from Kelly.

Stroke of luck for the equaliser, our tails are up, the stadium is rocking, we start attacking for the win..... and f#cking Jaap f#cking Stam decides for the first time in his career to make an early double substitution and kill all momentum and threat.

Cue more sh*t playing around at the back and they nearly get a comedy goal from our own lame backwards free kick.....just what was with Gunter second half :shock:

Anyway. Entertaining, some very good football, some very bad football. I'm going to try and cling to those first 35 min :)

Cracking analysis take a bow Sir 8)
Special note to the Leeds fans. Once again you managed to demonstrate you have a proper scummy element amongst you and the abuse directed towards Barrow was vile. I took great pleasure in our equaliser because from what I saw ur fans were too busy watching ours and not the game. Northern monkeys !

Urrrrrzzzzzz

What were they chanting/saying to barrow?

In truth I couldn’t make much out but the sight of grown men doing that semi naziesque thing they do and falling onto the canvas on the bottom level whilst ‘trying to get to him’ was laughable in the extreme.
Bunch of animals.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Mar 2018 10:47

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Yeah, I cant think of a single sport where hoping 3 teams are worse than you is considered an achievement.

Who's saying that it would be an achievement?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Mar 2018 10:56

Sorry boys but I’m not convinced.

We’ve played Bolton and Leeds at home. Both execrable teams. We go a goal up and we contrive to draw.

And we’re satisfied with this?

Our organisation throughout the team is getting worse.

Can you say we will win another game this season? Keep a clean sheet?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2018 11:48

leon Sorry boys but I’m not convinced.

We’ve played Bolton and Leeds at home. Both execrable teams. We go a goal up and we contrive to draw.

If Sunderland have a major injury crisis and get two players sent off early, I think we are 50/50 to get a win

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2018 11:48

genome
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Yeah, I cant think of a single sport where hoping 3 teams are worse than you is considered an achievement.

Who's saying that it would be an achievement?

You earn millions in The Prem for finishing with 19 clubs worse than you

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2018 11:57

Who is satisfied?

All that matters is staying up and draws are doing the job.

Two weeks ago people were asking where the next point was coming from.

We don't even need to win a game, but I expect we'll pick up one somewhere, maybe unexpected, maybe Sunderland.

We may have only won 1 in 16, but we've also only lost 1 in 5.

The last two games we've got significantly further from relegation by gaining 2 points on those who matter below whilst they burnt three chances to gain on us. Why on Earth be so depressive given that?

Worrying or being disappointed won't do shit to help.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 11 Mar 2018 12:07

genome

But hey! We got a point.

How are we getting worse? The performance was miles better than Bolton, increased the gap to the bottom 3, and we now have 1 loss in 5.

Yes we need to pick up a win soon, but if we show the level of commitment and effort we did yesterday for the rest of the season, we'll get enough points on the board to stay up.

Of which the last 4 have been at home and we have won none of them!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Mar 2018 12:17

Snowflake Royal

Revisionist nonsense.

Snowflake Royal The last two games we've got significantly further from relegation by gaining 2 points on those who matter below

:|

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Mar 2018 12:18

Snowflake Royal

Who is satisfied?

All that matters is staying up and draws are doing the job.

We don't even need to win a game, but I expect we'll pick up one somewhere, maybe unexpected, maybe Sunderland.

We may have only won 1 in 16, but we've also only lost 1 in 5.

The last two games we've got significantly further from relegation by gaining 2 points on those who matter below whilst they burnt three chances to gain on us. Why on Earth be so depressive given that?

Worrying or being disappointed won't do shit to help.

I don’t agree. We have had mainly home games recently. We haven’t won any of them. Six of our final ten games are away from home. Most of those are very tough. At some point the teams below will pick up points....obviously when they play each other for a start. We are likely to see the gap start reducing when we then struggle against the best sides in the division away from home.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2018 12:31

Surprised that with many bookies our odds haven't lengthened
(especially after yesterday)

You can get 12/1 from SKY