BFTG Wolves

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Wolves

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2018 09:56

genome What exactly is the situation we're in now?

19th, 6 points clear of the drop and with a superior goal difference

HTH

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 09:57

Silver Fox
genome What exactly is the situation we're in now?

19th, 6 points clear of the drop and with a superior goal difference

HTH

Or 1 win in 17, threatened with relegation and a tough run-in, after spending £15.5m in the transfer window and finishing 3rd last season?

Is that not a disaster to you? :?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2018 10:01

No, it's just not good, a disaster is an earthquake or a plane crash or a tsunami or something, this is just bad football

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 10:04

Silver Fox No, it's just not good, a disaster is an earthquake or a plane crash or a tsunami or something, this is just bad football

+1 for taking everything literally and removing all figurative language

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2018 10:06

I know it's how people talk but football fans are such a great big bunch of entitled babies and it really grinds my gears Leon

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 10:07

Silver Fox No, it's just not good, a disaster is an earthquake or a plane crash or a tsunami or something, this is just bad football

Let me introduce you to something called hyperbole

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 10:08

Silver Fox I know it's how people talk but football fans are such a great big bunch of entitled babies and it really grinds my gears Leon

There is also a difference between entitlement and expectation

HTH

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 10:15

Silver Fox I know it's how people talk but football fans are such a great big bunch of entitled babies and it really grinds my gears Leon

I've noticed this. Personally I think as a customer and a fan I have every right to express my opinions on what is a forum for RFC customers and fans.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2018 10:16

As do I

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Mar 2018 10:17

It is alway "just possible" that a manager has a bad season and comes good the following season,
and we should remember that "somehow" Stam got us to 3rd place last season with, IMO, weaker
players.

One HUGE difference is that last year's Kermogant is no longer with us
and we didn't seem to replace Williams well enough (altho' I thought
Bacuna was the answer there...)

Imagine, for example, how we would look with the same squad plus Shane Long.

I think we would be a million miles from relegation

But, what I cannot get, under Stam, is why we are a shambles defensively. (We weren't great last season, either).

We have needed a reliable DM, a Leigertwood, all season, someone who should be first on the team-sheet. We have needed a powerful fast striker, not necessarily to get 20+ goals himself, but as a threat when sides push up. We have had McShane slowly lose form with age then be injured, then we get Elphick who is immediately crocked. We have lost Obita, we lost a talismanic keeper.

Think back to the beginning of the season. Some of our new players are great players when at their best, but they need to be played consistently, in their best positions and TRUSTED. Sam's greatest failing, IMO, is he's killed the confidence in so many of the players, and once that starts, you're in a vicious circle.

There is maybe 10% of me that thinks, if Stam stays and we stay up, that we will be the surprise team next year, BUT

BUT BUT

We rarely play with enough tempo, most games bore me (including last season) and I just want to experience the rush again, even if it's "just a long ball in the channels for a Long-type player to chase down)

Overall, I think he should go if he loses Saturday. I would try to bring in McDermott as a caretaker manager with a view to giving the job permanently if he shows he can use this set of very good players and earn say 1.2 to 1.5 ppg for the remaining games
Last edited by Snowball on 14 Mar 2018 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 10:18

Silver Fox As do I

Well, I welcome your opinion, even if it is wrong. :D

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Mar 2018 10:20

genome
John Smith
Snowflake Royal There's little chance in an up turn in form at this stage, so there's no point in asking someone to dirty themselves with this mess now.

For this reason, sacking Stam now would be a total disaster. There is no one worth bringing in, especially no one who would want to risk a relegation on their CV - it would be Adkins allover again: getting in the 'next best of a very bad bunch'.

Let's ride this season out - we aren't going down - and reassess in the summer.

I'm inclined to agree that sacking Stam probably won't make much of a difference right now, but a total disaster? What exactly is the situation we're in now?

We are a lower mid-table side, as we have been all season. Good replacement managers aren't available in the middle of March so we just need to get this season over with and take stock in the summer.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2018 10:23

Snowball We have needed a reliable DM, a Leigertwood, all season, someone who should be first on the team-sheet.

We have needed one of those for some time. With the amount of lightweight attacking midfielders in the team we are crying out for someone who can sit in front of the defence and tackle. In fact I'd argue we need two.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 Mar 2018 10:27

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal You can't assess thr squad on how they're playing now, it's nothing like what most are capable of.

Tevreden knows what we need and will already be working on it.

No he doesn't and no he isn't.

Spot on , like saying all will be ok in time, it's too late for that, the entire management team are clearly not fit for purpose based on results. If it was a business they'd have been sacked ages ago.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Mar 2018 10:34

leon
Snowball We have needed a reliable DM, a Leigertwood, all season, someone who should be first on the team-sheet.

We have needed one of those for some time. With the amount of lightweight attacking midfielders in the team we are crying out for someone who can sit in front of the defence and tackle. In fact I'd argue we need two.

Yup. I think we are simply lightweight.

This division needs a few hard men in the team

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 14 Mar 2018 10:36

Didn't go. Didn't even listen to 2nd half on radio. Can't bear it. Tuned in for a bit of post match wailing from Ady. I agree - no "structure".

Stam is no longer inflexible - he's jelly - will try anything - which is what many have been advocating. Not a lot to work with though, which is a point worth making, I think. And this isn't all Stam's doing.

Players who aren't fit enough to play well twice in a week

Swift, Barrow, Kelly, Richards, McCleary, Kermorgant, Martin

Love to know how many goals we've scored / conceded after 85 minutes?? Whole squad doesn't look that fit

Players out with long-term injuries

Quinn, Mendes, Harriott, Watson, Obita, McCleary (now). McShane, Elphick

Players out on loan or released during the season who might have been useful

Rakels, Novakovich, Barrett, Bond, Meite; Dickie, Beerens, Popa

You could add another 3 or 4 who are probably in the worst form of their life to the 22(!) mentioned above.

Which is why we have 4 kids on the bench.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 10:40

:lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 10:44

Get he point with injuries etc, but given the two week break after Norwich, I'd expect the following to be fit for the last month of the season:

Mannone, Anssi
Gunter, Elphick, McShane, Moore, Blackett, Ilori, Richards, Holmes
Bacuna, Kelly, Evans, Swift, JVDB, Rinomhota, Edwards
Aluko, Bodvarsson, Kermogant, Martin, Barrow, Smith, Loader

Be totally unacceptable if he can't get the required 7/8 points out of that lot.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 14 Mar 2018 10:49

genome

Let me introduce you to something called hyperbole

UGHHH, you're worse than Hitler

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Mar 2018 10:53

genome

:lol:

LOL o'clock