BFTG Wolves

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Wolves

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2018 11:31

genome
Silver Fox
genome What exactly is the situation we're in now?

19th, 6 points clear of the drop and with a superior goal difference

HTH

Or 1 win in 17, threatened with relegation and a tough run-in, after spending £15.5m in the transfer window and finishing 3rd last season?

Is that not a disaster to you? :?

We could have just lost 7 in a row like Brum. Now that's a total disaster.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Mar 2018 11:32

leon
Silver Fox I know it's how people talk but football fans are such a great big bunch of entitled babies and it really grinds my gears Leon

I've noticed this. Personally I think as a customer and a fan I have every right to express my opinions on what is a forum for RFC customers and fans.

Well said good sir.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Mar 2018 11:34

Snowflake Royal
genome
Silver Fox
19th, 6 points clear of the drop and with a superior goal difference

HTH

Or 1 win in 17, threatened with relegation and a tough run-in, after spending £15.5m in the transfer window and finishing 3rd last season?

Is that not a disaster to you? :?

We could have just lost 7 in a row like Brum. Now that's a total disaster.

"Captain Could Have" is back again.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Mar 2018 12:16

Was about to post on the matter of 0 shots on target but what is the point?
This is worse than Bullivant's time with a manager who hasn't a clue what to do when things are not going our way.

biff

by biff » 14 Mar 2018 12:17

That was the most insipid performance ive ever seen us give. Granted theyre champions elect, but fck me we're still in the same order of magnitude, and it would hardly have required some shrewsbury town style fa cup heroics to muster a shot on target.

I had a non footballing mate watching it over my shoulder literally giggling at our ineptitude. Aluko causing the most raucous laughter. Dead club "walking" (crawling).

biff

by biff » 14 Mar 2018 12:17

That was the most insipid performance ive ever seen us give. Granted theyre champions elect, but fck me we're still in the same order of magnitude, and it would hardly have required some shrewsbury town style fa cup heroics to muster a shot on target.

I had a non footballing mate watching it over my shoulder literally giggling at our ineptitude. Aluko causing the most raucous laughter. Dead club "walking" (crawling).

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2018 12:24

biff That was the most insipid performance ive ever seen us give. Granted theyre champions elect, but fck me we're still in the same order of magnitude, and it would hardly have required some shrewsbury town style fa cup heroics to muster a shot on target.

This the BBC?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 12:25

Apparently this was statistically the worst Reading performance since 2014/5.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Mar 2018 13:40

genome Apparently this was statistically the worst Reading performance since 2014/5.

Which game in particular?

Mr. Pharmacist

by Mr. Pharmacist » 14 Mar 2018 13:43

Hound It sounds an absolutely shameful display tbh

It wasn't that good.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 14:30

slow day here so had a quick look on the Wolves forum:

Reading's version of possession football was to pass it aimlessly around between their back-four and goalkeeper while their midfield and forwards stood like statues. They were barely able to craft a single attack and I recall their only shot on goal (a wild effort) came near the final whistle. I would be embarrassed and ashamed as a Reading fan watching that and perhaps the only mystery of the night is why we didn't put six past them.

A word on Reading... I have never seen a team setup for 0-0 from the start, go 3-0 down and still set up for 0-0. Bizarre.

Did anyone notice their goalie time wasting when they were 1-0 down? Bizarre!

It staggers me that they have kept their manager, surely he should have been sacked months ago?

Reading were so poor. I can't believe they finished 3rd last season and spent £15 million in the Summer. Thats almost as much as we did, yet I wouldn't be shocked to see them drop based on that evidence. Zero shots on target. How is Stam still in a job after 1 win in 17?

Thinking about it, that was probably the perfect team to play against after Saturday. No ambition, no quality, no hope.

Worst team we’ve played at home this season? They certainly offered the least IMO

I’m amazed considering Stam was such a warrior and fighter of a defender and his team were toothless.

My god, Reading are shocking aren't they?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 14:45

John Smith
genome Apparently this was statistically the worst Reading performance since 2014/5.

Which game in particular?

No game in particular. It's regarding Expected Goals stats, which started in 2014/15.

So technically, it was the worst Reading performance since records began.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Mar 2018 15:01

Wimbledon defeat at home on Boxing Day will always hold a special place in me for the worst performance I have seen.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 15:02

Hendo Wimbledon defeat at home on Boxing Day will always hold a special place in me for the worst performance I have seen.

A team featuring a young Leigertwood and McAnuff.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Mar 2018 15:07

genome
Hendo Wimbledon defeat at home on Boxing Day will always hold a special place in me for the worst performance I have seen.

A team featuring a young Leigertwood and McAnuff.

Indeed, with the latter grabbing the 3rd goal.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2018 15:08

Have it on good authority and with Norwich staff in abundance last night the plan genuinely was to shut up shop, be ordinary and result would be what it is, a defeat. This in turn confuses Norwich who will face a totally different style of Reading come Saturday. Stam is hurting from the defeats of last season and was always targeting the norwich game.

As good as a deliberate loss that you could find.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2018 15:26

Not sure why people are still bothering talking about sacking Stam. If he was going to go it would have been ages ago, it’s been clear for quite some time the owners have zero intention of any movement in that department for at least the rest of the season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2018 15:28

paultheroyal Have it on good authority and with Norwich staff in abundance last night the plan genuinely was to shut up shop, be ordinary and result would be what it is, a defeat. This in turn confuses Norwich who will face a totally different style of Reading come Saturday. Stam is hurting from the defeats of last season and was always targeting the norwich game.

Sounds great but it doesn’t matter what Norwich “expect”, they’ll get a reading team which means a pile of dross. We should focus on ourselves.

We won’t beat them and it’s laughable to think we will. :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2018 15:32

CountryRoyal Not sure why people are still bothering talking about sacking Stam. If he was going to go it would have been ages ago, it’s been clear for quite some time the owners have zero intention of any movement in that department for at least the rest of the season.

not sure anyone really is are they? We are all resigned to that fate pretty much

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 15:35

paultheroyal Have it on good authority and with Norwich staff in abundance last night the plan genuinely was to shut up shop, be ordinary and result would be what it is, a defeat. This in turn confuses Norwich who will face a totally different style of Reading come Saturday. Stam is hurting from the defeats of last season and was always targeting the norwich game.

lol! What authority is that?