BFTG Wolves

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Wolves

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Mar 2018 15:38

paultheroyal Have it on good authority and with Norwich staff in abundance last night the plan genuinely was to shut up shop, be ordinary and result would be what it is, a defeat. This in turn confuses Norwich who will face a totally different style of Reading come Saturday. Stam is hurting from the defeats of last season and was always targeting the norwich game.

As good as a deliberate loss that you could find.

Even if that were true, watch a few videos of other performances this season and you quickly learn that if you hassle our defence, we oxf*rd up and basically give you a goal.

I don't know if that was our worst ever performance but it's certainly got to be the worst at this level.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Mar 2018 15:41

Hound
CountryRoyal Not sure why people are still bothering talking about sacking Stam. If he was going to go it would have been ages ago, it’s been clear for quite some time the owners have zero intention of any movement in that department for at least the rest of the season.

not sure anyone really is are they? We are all resigned to that fate pretty much

Thought I saw some suggestions earlier pages like “we have three options”

Etc

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Mar 2018 16:02

paultheroyal Have it on good authority and with Norwich staff in abundance last night the plan genuinely was to shut up shop, be ordinary and result would be what it is, a defeat. This in turn confuses Norwich who will face a totally different style of Reading come Saturday. Stam is hurting from the defeats of last season and was always targeting the norwich game.

Love this. We've been purposefully shit all season, just to lull Norwich into a false sense of security so we can humiliate them at Carrow Road. The plan was to be rock bottom, to add to the humiliation, but the teams below us haven't played ball.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Mar 2018 18:57

genome Or 1 win in 17, threatened with relegation and a tough run-in, after spending £15.5m in the transfer window and finishing 3rd last season?

Is that not a disaster to you? :?

Wolves spent that on a single player. Only 20 as well. The future for Reading is the academy. Be a rocky ride while it takes shape though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2018 20:12

Pepe the Horseman

Love this. We've been purposefully shit all season, just to lull Norwich into a false sense of security so we can humiliate them at Carrow Road. The plan was to be rock bottom, to add to the humiliation, but the teams below us haven't played ball.

:lol:

We can't even implement a plan to lose well. I mean we kept a clean sheet until the usual time anyway!

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 14 Mar 2018 20:43

Lower West
genome Or 1 win in 17, threatened with relegation and a tough run-in, after spending £15.5m in the transfer window and finishing 3rd last season?

Is that not a disaster to you? :?

Wolves spent that on a single player. Only 20 as well. The future for Reading is the academy. Be a rocky ride while it takes shape though.

So only teams that spend that much can compete with them? I'm pretty sure Preston took points off Wolves - and if their net spend this season was over £1/2m I'd be surprised. Doesn't mean you can't give them a game. Which we didn't.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2018 20:57

Wolves' net spend is about the same as ours IIRC

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Mar 2018 13:54

Wolverhampton is a shit hole. Hit hard by the KFC shortage and the only pub on way to ground from the tram was what seemed to be the biggest Yates' in the world.

Molyneux is a grand lady of a stadium. Seat up in the sticks, good view.

We were desperate.

However, there was a massive plus point to the game - the match DJ had some absolute tunes in his locker and not just the standard dingle nonsense.

As I walked to my seat? Breaking into Heaven off Second Coming (I think). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95jHGhIamN4

As the teams were coming out? Come with Me by Puff Daddy instrumental version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPj8c676po

Extended remix of insomnia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArqTlX_bWx4

Bit more Led Zep at half time. Thought there was a bit of Sabbath in there at one point.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Mar 2018 14:38

... having now listened to second coming, it may well have been Begging You

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2018 14:48

stealthpapes Wolverhampton is a shit hole. Hit hard by the KFC shortage and the only pub on way to ground from the tram was what seemed to be the biggest Yates' in the world.

Been in there the morning after a gig*. Got weird looks for some reason**

*Bizarrely Wolverhampton Civic Hall was their only UK tour date

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Mar 2018 16:06

Saw Mogwai there back in '02. They played a thirty minute version of My Father My King and Irvine Welsh 'rapped' over the end.

Amazing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Mar 2018 17:39

stealthpapes Saw Mogwai there back in '02. They played a thirty minute version of My Father My King and Irvine Welsh 'rapped' over the end.

Amazing.

I can see why you weren’t keen on going back

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2018 22:29

Good lord, that was some shocking defending across the whole team.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 Mar 2018 04:19

stealthpapes Wolverhampton is a shit hole. Hit hard by the KFC shortage and the only pub on way to ground from the tram was what seemed to be the biggest Yates' in the world.

Molyneux is a grand lady of a stadium. Seat up in the sticks, good view.

We were desperate.

However, there was a massive plus point to the game - the match DJ had some absolute tunes in his locker and not just the standard dingle nonsense.

As I walked to my seat? Breaking into Heaven off Second Coming (I think). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95jHGhIamN4

As the teams were coming out? Come with Me by Puff Daddy instrumental version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPj8c676po

Extended remix of insomnia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArqTlX_bWx4

Bit more Led Zep at half time. Thought there was a bit of Sabbath in there at one point.

I actually had the opposite opinion of Wolverhampton. Expected a shithole, found a couple of decent pubs. One traditional with a bit of a new hipsterish tendency, but not too full on, just coffee available as well as beer and slightly posh expensive bar snacks etc.

Second proper traditional in a nags head sense, wet pub, with a few pies and rolls on sale.

Third was a massive place rammed pre match, felt like a big walkabout, but wasn't a walkabout.

My overwhelming impression of the place was really friendly. Even the bouncer on the door of the third place whose only job it was was to stop Reading fans entering let us in, even though it was clear to him that we were Reading fans, and clear to us that it was clear to him that we were Reading fans.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 16 Mar 2018 08:35

Do you have the names of the pubs, by any chance, please? Think there's two breweries in the city centre (Banks' and Marstons) - PAGING GREEN TO THREAD - so maybe a daytime return visit would be on.

Can't argue with the friendliness comment - had a good chat with a couple of fans on the tram back. Think they've been really rubbish relatively recently (Division 4 as recently as 1988, League 1 only a few seasons back), so the fans are very much aware of how bad it really can be.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 16 Mar 2018 10:01

There's only Banks's in the city centre. Marstons is out at Burton. There's one or two little microbreweries starting to pop up in the city now too. Wolves centre has been improved a lot from when I was a school boy there in the 90s.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 16 Mar 2018 10:13

stealthpapes Do you have the names of the pubs, by any chance, please? Think there's two breweries in the city centre (Banks' and Marstons) - PAGING GREEN TO THREAD - so maybe a daytime return visit would be on.

Can't argue with the friendliness comment - had a good chat with a couple of fans on the tram back. Think they've been really rubbish relatively recently (Division 4 as recently as 1988, League 1 only a few seasons back), so the fans are very much aware of how bad it really can be.

We were in the Goal Post, right by the away end, the year Andy Hughes scored a screamer. Mixed crowd, mostly RFC, no bother.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 Mar 2018 23:22

stealthpapes Do you have the names of the pubs, by any chance, please? Think there's two breweries in the city centre (Banks' and Marstons) - PAGING GREEN TO THREAD - so maybe a daytime return visit would be on.

I'm quite drunk,believe the second was the Lych Gate Tavern.

Third was the Royal London.

Struggling to find the first on google. May not be on there, may be real life find only.

ETA: first may be the swan, can't be sure though, just basing that on interweb photos and the size they suggest.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Mar 2018 01:10

St Pauli

I'm quite drunk,

Ponce

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 17 Mar 2018 02:08

This wonderful report from Graham 20 years ago. It could just be the same as the report from Wolves, The only difference the fans at least showed some anger back then.

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/170398.html