Would you...

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Would you...

by muirinho » 15 Mar 2018 09:55

Mike Hunt I don't get the hate for Warnock. I think he is a character. His football is ugly but better than anything getting served up here atm.

If "character" is your euphemism for ignorant oxf*rd prick, then you're correct. And if I'm going to have a slimeball in charge of my club, the football would need to be oxf*rd scintillating to make up for that. "Better than atm" doesn't cut it.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Mar 2018 11:06

I think he has talked up Reading a few times when on TV. He comes across as a tool when on the touchline. In interviews after game he is just as irrational and a tosser- but as i've said before the emotions are running high and mangers are all riled up after a game so cant really judge.

Lets be honest, us as fans have not really taken to the possession based game - so is it 2 years wasted if we get some one like Colin in? He gets results, I would guarantee we would not be rolling over every game to be inserted by average teams like we are atm.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 15 Mar 2018 11:32

Coppells Lost Coat He comes across as a tool when on the touchline. In interviews after game he is just as irrational and a tosser- but as i've said before the emotions are running high and mangers are all riled up after a game so cant really judge.

Nobody wants a robot in charge but I struggle to see how Warnock can work to the best of his abilities for the most important 90+ mins of his job he's always on the verge of losing it big time.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Mar 2018 11:44

6ft Kerplunk
Coppells Lost Coat He comes across as a tool when on the touchline. In interviews after game he is just as irrational and a tosser- but as i've said before the emotions are running high and mangers are all riled up after a game so cant really judge.

Nobody wants a robot in charge but I struggle to see how Warnock can work to the best of his abilities for the most important 90+ mins of his job he's always on the verge of losing it big time.

He usually has with him, as far as I can tell, trusted backroom staff which could see the games out. Does Stam??
I would say many of Stams problems lay within his training/coaching methods - Warnock at least sets up a team with a clear plan which have been drilled into them.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Mar 2018 13:16

SCIAG He's completely opposed to the philosophy of the club and he's spent over a decade encouraging his players to injure ours and getting himself sent off. I'd stop considering myself a Reading supporter if he became manager. I'd rather we were relegated twice under Stam than doing a Leicester under Warnock.

Would you mind explaining "the philosophy of the club".
Is it currently to do your best to get relegated without so much of a fight so that we can start again and win a few games in the 3rd division of English football when last season, apart from trying not to get promoted at Wembley, it looked as though everybody was trying to achieve promotion?

Is there some grand philosophy both on and off the pitch that makes our club any different than other clubs?
If so, please tell us.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Mar 2018 13:28

I'd take Pardew back.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Mar 2018 14:31

Victor Meldrew
SCIAG He's completely opposed to the philosophy of the club and he's spent over a decade encouraging his players to injure ours and getting himself sent off. I'd stop considering myself a Reading supporter if he became manager. I'd rather we were relegated twice under Stam than doing a Leicester under Warnock.

Is it currently to do your best to get relegated without so much of a fight so that we can start again and win a few games in the 3rd division of English football when last season, apart from trying not to get promoted at Wembley, it looked as though everybody was trying to achieve promotion?

Of course not, what a ridiculous post. Philosophy has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with approach. I think it's rather silly to suggest that anyone is deliberately trying to get relegated.

I would characterise the "Reading way" as being family orientated, valuing sportsmanship and fair play, investing in the community, and playing a progressive style of football. We are not the epitome of any of those things, we fail at most of them regularly, and in no sense are we the only club to have any of those values or even that combination of values, but they've been a fairly consistent part of our ethos for 15-20 years.

Neil Warnock would be detrimental to all those values. Although I thought his QPR and Palace sides were able to play some good football thanks largely to Moses and Taarabt, his last few teams have been bruisers and hoofmerchants. He is a nasty little man with no self-control, a dreadful temperament, and minimal integrity. He is a stain upon every club that hires him, and we shouldn't go anywhere near him. It's embarrassing that people are even considering it.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Mar 2018 15:00

SCIAG
Victor Meldrew

Of course not, what a ridiculous post. Philosophy has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with approach. I think it's rather silly to suggest that anyone is deliberately trying to get relegated.

I would characterise the "Reading way" as being family orientated, valuing sportsmanship and fair play, investing in the community, and playing a progressive style of football. We are not the epitome of any of those things, we fail at most of them regularly, and in no sense are we the only club to have any of those values or even that combination of values, but they've been a fairly consistent part of our ethos for 15-20 years.

Neil Warnock would be detrimental to all those values. Although I thought his QPR and Palace sides were able to play some good football thanks largely to Moses and Taarabt, his last few teams have been bruisers and hoofmerchants. He is a nasty little man with no self-control, a dreadful temperament, and minimal integrity. He is a stain upon every club that hires him, and we shouldn't go anywhere near him. It's embarrassing that people are even considering it.

Sometimes, you have to admit that things are not quite working right, the last 15-20 yrs we have been great within the community, fair play and an ethically a well run club. Cue Madejski leaving and 'the Reading Way' died with it. We cannot keep hiding behind that the club are morally better than managers, teams or clubs - we are not anymore.
It would be madness to turn down the opportunity to have some one who gets teams promoted. I am sure most clubs in that he has been at would welcome him back if they were in our position. Yes his teams bully players off the park but boy would I love our players to even show a glimpse of fight atm.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 15 Mar 2018 15:04

I thought we'd reach a low point when we were hoping that 3 teams would be worse than us, but I hadnt thought about the option of putting Colin in charge.

Mr. Pharmacist

by Mr. Pharmacist » 15 Mar 2018 15:15

Forbury Lion I'd take Pardew back.

We've a chance. He's good at taking jobs while he's still in a post.

Yes I'm still bitter.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 15 Mar 2018 16:06

With the foundations Stam has put in place at the club, we need consistency. The next manager coming in should have a similar style, but with a few tweaks. My preferred candidate would be Roberto Martinez. Plays passing football, but it's more attacking. The Spanish style is essentially an evolution of the Dutch style.

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Mar 2018 16:16

Tilehurstsouthbank With the foundations Stam has put in place at the club, we need consistency. The next manager coming in should have a similar style, but with a few tweaks. My preferred candidate would be Roberto Martinez. Plays passing football, but it's more attacking. The Spanish style is essentially an evolution of the Dutch style.

I'm sure he'll be in a rush to ditch Belgium if Reading come calling!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Mar 2018 16:27

SCIAG
Victor Meldrew

I'm sorry but you don't convince in response to my "silly " post.
Once upon a time there may have been a Reading way but I fear that now the club has no philosophy nor direction and it is horrible sitting and watching our directionless club flirt with relegation so soon after flirting with promotion..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2018 18:21

Coppells Lost Coat I think he has talked up Reading a few times when on TV. He comes across as a tool when on the touchline. In interviews after game he is just as irrational and a tosser- but as i've said before the emotions are running high and mangers are all riled up after a game so cant really judge.

Lets be honest, us as fans have not really taken to the possession based game - so is it 2 years wasted if we get some one like Colin in? He gets results, I would guarantee we would not be rolling over every game to be inserted by average teams like we are atm.

It'd be more like six years wasted.

double d

by double d » 15 Mar 2018 18:23

Snowflake Royal
Coppells Lost Coat I think he has talked up Reading a few times when on TV. He comes across as a tool when on the touchline. In interviews after game he is just as irrational and a tosser- but as i've said before the emotions are running high and mangers are all riled up after a game so cant really judge.

It'd be more like six years wasted.

And whats happening now isnt?!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Mar 2018 18:25

Anyone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stam

double d

by double d » 15 Mar 2018 18:26

CountryRoyal Anyone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stam

Trump?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2018 18:28

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I think.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Mar 2018 18:37

double d

Trump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daOH-pTd_nk

Tbf.... :?

:lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend