Back from the game - Norwich

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Norwich

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Mar 2018 22:47

2 world wars, 1 world cup I see a lot of negativity here.

If we put in a good second half away from home, fought hard to claw back two goals within a goal of getting an away point that can't be a bad thing surely.

It's good that we improved in the second half but at the end of the day, we still lost mainly thanks to an insipid first half performance. If the owners are not going to sack Stam yet then the QPR game will be massive, with recent form it has become a must win, QPR are a poor side with nothing to play for and with home advantage (if we even have that) we need to win.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Mar 2018 23:04

tidus_mi2

If we put in a good second half away from home, fought hard to claw back two goals within a goal of getting an away point that can't be a bad thing surely.

It's good that we improved in the second half but at the end of the day, we still lost mainly thanks to an insipid first half performance. If the owners are not going to sack Stam yet then the QPR game will be massive, with recent form it has become a must win, QPR are a poor side with nothing to play for and with home advantage (if we even have that) we need to win.

I hear that.

I'm trying to see the positives as I fear it's very easy to just be so negative about everything and that's the last thing we need.

Most of like to see Stam out. That's not even a contentious issue anymore. Whilst we're in this mess let's at least see the positives.

The way some people go on sounds like we are ridiculously bad all the time with no hope. The fact is we do have good players and we do score goals now and we do have tens of minutes of playing some pretty good stuff. This is all positive and right now we need two positives. One to counteract the negative and the other..well, just to have a positive really.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Mar 2018 23:28

2 world wars, 1 world cup
tidus_mi2

I hear that.

I'm trying to see the positives as I fear it's very easy to just be so negative about everything and that's the last thing we need.

Most of like to see Stam out. That's not even a contentious issue anymore. Whilst we're in this mess let's at least see the positives.

The way some people go on sounds like we are ridiculously bad all the time with no hope. The fact is we do have good players and we do score goals now and we do have tens of minutes of playing some pretty good stuff. This is all positive and right now we need two positives. One to counteract the negative and the other..well, just to have a positive really.

Unfortunately we are ridiculously bad all the time.
And I fear we have no hope

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 19 Mar 2018 00:33

tidus_mi2 .... the QPR game will be massive, with recent form it has become a must win, QPR are a poor side with nothing to play for and with home advantage (if we even have that) we need to win.

QPR are anything but a poor side at the moment being unbeaten in 4 games this month. That includes coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 away to Fulham (currently 3rd and the form side in the league atm) and winning 1-3 at Aston Villa (currently 4th in the league). So they will have loads of confidence - the stuff that we are so desperately short of! I'll be happy with a point.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Mar 2018 00:39

Yip Yap, Crap Stam

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Mar 2018 00:45

Yip Crap Stam
Is a fooking sham
Can't manage for shit
but he thinks he can

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Mar 2018 08:57

Denver Royal Norfolk, excellent write up, thanks for that. I agree with most all of your player ratings, too. Does Maddison look like a PL player to you? Read somewhere recently he is rated at 30mil!?

tilehurstender, yep Ilori continues his masquerade as a center half in the Champ. You wonder if game plans by opposing managers ever get exotic. More like...'Lump crosses in to their middle...create mayhem and havoc...their center half Ilori is weak in the air...should be easy pickings...you will have opportunities'. Yesterday, they had already scored their 1st from a header from a corner. Their 2nd goal, a routine corner, send up their defenders, Hanley engulfs Ilori, a complete mismatch.

Yes Maddison will be off at the end of the season, Norwich fans are resigned to that. They're saying £30-million but guessing he will go for around £22-million. That wasn't one of his better games on Saturday but they still won the game because of his set piece deliveries and cleverness in winning the penalty. The question is where he goes. He runs the risk of being benched by a top six club, although I think he could probably play for Arsenal or maybe Chelsea. He's better than Drinkwater for instance. Might be better for him to go to a mid ranking club, a Leicester maybe or an Everton.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Mar 2018 09:29

BR0B0T Yip Crap Stam
Is a fooking sham
Can't manage for shit
but he thinks he can

Doesn't scan

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 19 Mar 2018 09:45

genome
BR0B0T Yip Crap Stam
Is a fooking sham
Can't manage for shit
but he thinks he can

Doesn't scan

Try...

Yip Crap Stam
Is a fooking sham
Can't manage for shit
but thinks he can

Yip Yap, Crap Stam

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Mar 2018 09:47

Uke
genome
BR0B0T Yip Crap Stam
Is a fooking sham
Can't manage for shit
but he thinks he can

Doesn't scan

Try...

Yip Crap Stam
Is a fooking sham
Can't manage for shit
but thinks he can

Yip Yap, Crap Stam

Too many syllables in the 3rd line

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Mar 2018 09:49

leon
tee peg
Ascotexgunner
:D I bet that has crossed more than a dozen minds on here.

+1

Well quite

Yes. We are. We're in pretty deep shit but only as a result of Bolton beating Villa. I'd factored in a defeat at Norwich but didn't see Bolton winning that.

I didn't go but stats show we did give a good go. As quite rightly said QPR are a decent team with a pretty decent record in recent times at the Madejski. They looked good at Fulham. Looks like the new manager effect has given Birmingham a lift, so I think we are now looking to Barnsley to drop points. I can't quite believe it's got to this.
I still don't think changing the manager will do anything and believe the return of Elphick will be key, as the current crop of defenders are hopeless and I can't pick out a leader from the entire squad.

I think this will go to the last day for sure.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 19 Mar 2018 10:12

Didn't go but looking at highlights, think its harsh to have a go at Ilori for 2nd goal. Hanley used all his experience and height advantages. An aerial battle is not one of his strengths and probably should have been addressed before the corner - this is what a real leader and captain does. We do not have one atm. But I think Ilori time is up at CB he hesitates and causes just as much confusion at the back. Add in Blackett we have got a disaster back 4. Still not convinced about the pen but the rub of the green is really going against us. However Positives;
- Smith scoring
- A decent attacking display in the second half
- A glimpse of fight

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Mar 2018 10:19

Some comments here from Norwich.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinku ... wPost.aspx

Complimentary of Liam Kelly too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Mar 2018 10:31

genome Some comments here from Norwich.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinku ... wPost.aspx

Complimentary of Liam Kelly too.

Kelly's recent performances are one of the only high points. Done really well to get back to a good level after a poor first half of the season, and in an obviously struggling team.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Mar 2018 11:11

John Smith
leon
tee peg
+1

Well quite

Yes. We are. We're in pretty deep shit but only as a result of Bolton beating Villa. I'd factored in a defeat at Norwich but didn't see Bolton winning that.

I didn't go but stats show we did give a good go. As quite rightly said QPR are a decent team with a pretty decent record in recent times at the Madejski. They looked good at Fulham. Looks like the new manager effect has given Birmingham a lift, so I think we are now looking to Barnsley to drop points. I can't quite believe it's got to this.
I still don't think changing the manager will do anything and believe the return of Elphick will be key, as the current crop of defenders are hopeless and I can't pick out a leader from the entire squad.

You’re full of shit

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Mar 2018 11:17

leon
John Smith
leon
Well quite

You’re full of shit

oxf*rd off you clown

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Mar 2018 11:19

John Smith
leon
John Smith Yes. We are. We're in pretty deep shit but only as a result of Bolton beating Villa. I'd factored in a defeat at Norwich but didn't see Bolton winning that.

You’re full of shit

oxf*rd off you clown

I’m not the clown, son.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Mar 2018 11:27

John Smith I think this will go to the last day for sure.

So you admit we're in a relegation battle, finally!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Mar 2018 11:38

leon
John Smith
leon You’re full of shit

oxf*rd off you clown

I’m not the clown, son.

What's your problem?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2018 13:02

John Smith
leon
John Smith oxf*rd off you clown

I’m not the clown, son.

What's your problem?

He cant find shoes that fit and has blocked sinuses, so he's laughing on the outside but really crying on the inside.