Good luck Dave Edwards

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forest Gump

Good luck Dave Edwards

by Forest Gump » 18 Mar 2018 19:29

Edwards retires from football. Well that’s one less to get rid of.

Lol, I know it’s only at an international level with Wales but clearly his chances of selection for his country after this season were very slim.

Hope we didn’t pay a premium for his international experience?

Gunter’s Wales career isn’t being enhanced either is it? I wouldn’t pick him if he was in my pub side.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Good luck Dave Edwards

by Zip » 18 Mar 2018 19:38

My Wolves supporting mate really rated Edwards but was surprised at how poor he was on Tuesday night.
He has been poor for us and offers very little.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 18 Mar 2018 19:46

:roll:

He has retired from international football not all football.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Mar 2018 19:48

yes :roll:

jeez

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2018 19:51

Zip My Wolves supporting mate really rated Edwards but was surprised at how poor he was on Tuesday night.

It can't help him that the entire midfield organisation is a omni-cluster-shambles that has no coherency in defence or attack.

I think Edwards is the sort of player who would really benefit from direct wingers getting in behind and lobbing over crosses and pulling cut backs for him to attack late with a turned defence. He doesn't look anything like the sort of player you'd want in a pass and move extravaganza, or the walking pace tippy tappy bullshit we've actually played.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Mar 2018 19:56

Forest Gump Edwards retires from football. Well that’s one less to get rid of.

Lol, I know it’s only at an international level with Wales but clearly his chances of selection for his country after this season were very slim.

Gunter’s Wales career isn’t being enhanced either is it? I wouldn’t pick him if he was in my pub side.

Have you got a bet on to come up with as many shit threads as possible? If so can I pay you out now to stop it happening?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Mar 2018 19:58

Snowflake Royal
Zip My Wolves supporting mate really rated Edwards but was surprised at how poor he was on Tuesday night.

It can't help him that the entire midfield organisation is a omni-cluster-shambles that has no coherency in defence or attack.

I think Edwards is the sort of player who would really benefit from direct wingers getting in behind and lobbing over crosses and pulling cut backs for him to attack late with a turned defence. He doesn't look anything like the sort of player you'd want in a pass and move extravaganza, or the walking pace tippy tappy bullshit we've actually played.

I thought he would offer more of an aerial threat and he does have a rep for late runs into the box but we have seen little of that. It doesn’t help that we are not playing two out and out wingers with Aluko constantly drifting into a central midfield position.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Mar 2018 20:48

Yeah the way we play couldn’t be any less suited to him.

Basically made a career of running about a lot in midfield and making those late runs to get on the end of crosses. Last year sounds like his goals for Wolves kept them in the division. With our pedestrian pace and slow passing in midfield it nullifies any abilities he does have.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 19 Mar 2018 06:25

Another player de footballised by Stam and his cronies!

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 19 Mar 2018 07:57

Old Man Andrews
Forest Gump Edwards retires from football. Well that’s one less to get rid of.

Have you got a bet on to come up with as many shit threads as possible? If so can I pay you out now to stop it happening?

Hi Old Man,

Apologies I thought the forum was for discussions.

I stop posting, I promise and return to being a typical - say nothing, do nothing, put up with anything Reading fan.

Anyway, i’ll shut up now until the relegation post-mortem.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Mar 2018 13:01

Dave Edwards as a footballer is the definition of beige. File under Gunter, another player who is remarkably unremarkable.

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 19 Mar 2018 13:21

Awayawayaway :roll:

He has retired from international football not all football.

It only looks like he's retired from all football

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Mar 2018 14:57

CountryRoyal Dave Edwards as a footballer is the definition of beige. File under Gunter, another player who is remarkably unremarkable.

Can't agree with that. If we played a more wing based game he would score at least 8-10 goals a season for us. Yet another round peg in a square hole that Brian and or Jaap shouldn't have signed based on the style we're trying to play.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Mar 2018 14:59

Tilehurstsouthbank
CountryRoyal Dave Edwards as a footballer is the definition of beige. File under Gunter, another player who is remarkably unremarkable.

Can't agree with that. If we played a more wing based game he would score at least 8-10 goals a season for us. Yet another round peg in a square hole that Brian and or Jaap shouldn't have signed based on the style we're trying to play.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 19 Mar 2018 15:08

Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank

hahahahahahahahahaha

You'll find that when Wolves played a more direct style of football he was a decent contributor of goals from the midfield.

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1