Liam Kelly

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Liam Kelly

by Stranded » 20 Mar 2018 17:19

Has turned down a place in the RoI squad to play Turkey as wants to keep the option open to play for England.

Have to admire his confidence, or his belief that the England midfield will get so bad he has a chance.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Kelly

by Hendo » 20 Mar 2018 17:25

Stranded Has turned down a place in the RoI squad to play Turkey as wants to keep the option open to play for England.

Have to admire his confidence, or his belief that the England midfield will get so bad he has a chance.

Kelly > Henderson

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Mar 2018 17:28

Did make me smile that. Like the lad and impressed me a lot recently but think ROI would have been the wise choice here

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Mar 2018 17:31

Hendo
Stranded Has turned down a place in the RoI squad to play Turkey as wants to keep the option open to play for England.

Kelly > Henderson

LOL.(cannot be serious)

Amazed when I heard this about Kelly earlier-he may have signed a permanent Irish non-selection warrant.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 20 Mar 2018 17:48

I'm not sure how true this is to be honest. I'd rather wait to hear from him directly before believing something in a newspaper.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Mar 2018 17:58

Only occurred to me today I've never heard him speak. Always thought he was full on Irish :oops:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Mar 2018 18:20

Liam was born in Ballyobasingstoke in County Hampshire in 1995. He’s represented RoI at U19 and U21 level and was in the full Irish squad for a couple of games last year but didn’t play.

Got to admire his confidence on this one, just wish the team had that much confidence and belief playing league games. But then if Reading go down he may well be a prime target for a WBA or Villa or someone....

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 20 Mar 2018 18:44

After reading a couple of articles on the situation it seemed his heart wasn't in it and I think he sees himself as English, not that this really matters on the international scene these days. This can only be a good thing for Reading and I admire his convictions

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Mar 2018 18:44

Sutekh Liam was born in Ballyobasingstoke in County Hampshire in 1995. He’s represented RoI at U19 and U21 level and was in the full Irish squad for a couple of games last year but didn’t play.

Got to admire his confidence on this one, just wish the team had that much confidence and belief playing league games. But then if Reading go down he may well be a prime target for a WBA or Villa or someone....

That's pretty tragic, I didn't know he had such hardship growing up.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Mar 2018 18:56

Like Harper before him I have a lot of respect for players who turn down the chance to play for a country because they don't feel they that nationality.

* assuming that is the real reason!

mambo3

by mambo3 » 20 Mar 2018 19:03

I thought stam said he was injured? that was the only reason he didn't link up with ROI squad

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Mar 2018 19:11

Martin saying Kelly dodged his calls.. bit rude.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2018 20:10

Silly move imo as he won't get anywhere near England but good luck to him.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 20 Mar 2018 20:16

Is there a thread in this whole forum that Old Man Andrews hasn't posted on? :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Mar 2018 20:18

Hoop Blah Like Harper before him I have a lot of respect for players who turn down the chance to play for a country because they don't feel they that nationality.

With a name like Liam Kelly, sure he must feel at least a bit Irish

Little bit of a shame I think as I’d have liked to see him play at international level. Reckon give it a couple of years and he’ll change his mind

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Mar 2018 20:23

Hound
Hoop Blah Like Harper before him I have a lot of respect for players who turn down the chance to play for a country because they don't feel they that nationality.

Little bit of a shame I think as I’d have liked to see him play at international level. Reckon give it a couple of years and he’ll change his mind

Very surprised at this. He will never play for England

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2018 20:24

Awayawayaway Is there a thread in this whole forum that Old Man Andrews hasn't posted on? :lol:

Are you being male or female tonight?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Mar 2018 21:14

Zip
Hound

Very surprised at this. He will never play for England

That's what I said about Nathan Redmond.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Mar 2018 21:46

We have some very good players in our squad. They shouldn't be written off from reaching the top just because they look crap under Stam.

Even should we stay up, if Kelly, Moore and Swift are still here next season, a lot of scouts will have failed to do their jobs properly.

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1