Stam Gone

355 posts
McDermolenko

Re: Stam Gone

by McDermolenko » 21 Mar 2018 13:37

Lol so it turns out he wasn’t even sacked, he walked.

Surely that means Ulderink is a realistic possibility?

royal67

by royal67 » 21 Mar 2018 13:38

Dickie's Spear Fantastic news !.
Still reckon Brian McDermott would be the man to walk in and restore some order.
Imagine if he had received the support afforded to Jaap but was dumped far too easily
by that fly by night Russian. Especially as Jaap has now blown the budget.

God no. Please........

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Mar 2018 13:44

McDermolenko Lol so it turns out he wasn’t even sacked, he walked.

Like oxf*rd did he walk. 'Mutual consent' will just mean we've managed to sell it to him in a way that we don't have to pay quite so much compo.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Mar 2018 13:45

Too little too late......I don't think we have enough time to turn it round......Should have been done months ago......We have to hope the teams below us just keep losing. Now whoever takes over has to change the player mindsets and get them more forward going......I don't believe we have anyone, or could find anyone to do that.
That f*cking useless CEO Ron Gourley should have walked as well.......He should have been advising the owners.
Its all happened too late.

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 21 Mar 2018 13:49

handbags_harris On a footballing level I'd be all for McDermott returning again Dickie, but sadly with half the support at best sceptical the last time around and the tarnishing his reputation took thanks to the inept half-hearted efforts of disinterested lightweights such as Piazon and Vydra I fear it'd be even worse now. Not only do we need someone capable of instantly getting results, we also need someone who will unite the support.

I was only thinking about what resources would be available to the new manager. Brian did have a knack of picking up some good players though at good prices. Anyhow I'm not complaining whoever it is has to be an improvement on Jaap ( this season's Jaap anyway ).
You're definitely right about shoring up the fanbase though.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 21 Mar 2018 13:51

I think Warburton would be a decent candidate but his record since leaving Brentford hasn't been great. Did well on a small budget at Brentford.

Wouldn't mind having a look at Paul Hurst from Shrewsbury either

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 21 Mar 2018 13:53

Assuming Gourlay rather than Trevenden is in charge of finding the new manager then Di Matteo is going to be high on the list of possible replacements. As mentioned by SCIAG and Royal Rother, these two have worked together successfully at Chelsea. Plus he is available immediately.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Mar 2018 13:55

No he didn't walk he was sacked.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Mar 2018 13:56

UpNorth Assuming Gourlay rather than Trevenden is in charge of finding the new manager then Di Matteo is going to be high on the list of possible replacements. As mentioned by SCIAG and Royal Rother, these two have worked together successfully at Chelsea. Plus he is available immediately.

yeah would be a potentially very good appointment. Villa was obvs a disaster, but before that he was decent

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2018 13:57

I'd take Di Matteo in a heartbeat.

The bloke won the Champions League only 6 seasons ago, ffs.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Mar 2018 13:58

UpNorth Assuming Gourlay rather than Trevenden is in charge of finding the new manager then Di Matteo is going to be high on the list of possible replacements. As mentioned by SCIAG and Royal Rother, these two have worked together successfully at Chelsea. Plus he is available immediately.

Di Matteo always struck me as a poser. Fluked his way to success and was rightly found out at Schalke.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2018 13:58

Hound

yeah would be a potentially very good appointment. Villa was obvs a disaster, but before that he was decent

He only had 12 games as Villa manager, ridiculous decision to sack him. He only lost four games!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Mar 2018 14:00

Would di Matteo not bring his assistant manager from his Villa days?

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2018 14:01

NewCorkSeth

Di Matteo always struck me as a poser. Fluked his way to success and was rightly found out at Schalke.

agreed. I would rather have redknapp then him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Mar 2018 14:05

double d
NewCorkSeth

That is because you are clueless.

Di Matteo is a Champions League winner and more than good enough to manage Reading.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 21 Mar 2018 14:07

If anyone is considering the managers of Shrewsbury and Lincoln as contenders, then Harry Kewell could be in with a shout. After a terrible start, he's actually doing a good job at Crawley.
Or if we want someone really untried as an alternative to Lampard, there's Graeme Le Saux. Did his coaching badges at the same time as Lampard.
Or Waddock at Aldershot. Or Devonshire at Maidenhead.
OK, I'm joking.
Like others, I am hoping we already have someone lined up and that it's the lining up that has caused us to wait this long. I reckon a decent mourning period would be 24 hours, so am hoping for an appointment to be announcement late tomorrow morning.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Mar 2018 14:11

winchester_royal

Like oxf*rd did he walk. 'Mutual consent' will just mean we've managed to sell it to him in a way that we don't have to pay quite so much compo.
or we've agreed to continue paying his salary until a new financial fair play window opens allowing us to pay him off

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Mar 2018 14:15

Old Man Andrews

No he didn't walk he was sacked.

Wasn't either. 'Mutual consent' so some form of pay off would've been agreed.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Mar 2018 14:15

Old Man Andrews
double d
NewCorkSeth Di Matteo always struck me as a poser. Fluked his way to success and was rightly found out at Schalke.

Di Matteo is a Champions League winner and more than good enough to manage Reading.

He only won that because Ribery and Robben decided to forget how to get a shot on target. Its not like he built that team in any way. He had nothing to lose so let luck, Drogba and the questionable decision to play Bertrand as a winger to lead him to undeserved victory.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Mar 2018 14:16

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
double d

He only won that because Ribery and Robben decided to forget how to get a shot on target. Its not like he built that team in any way. He had nothing to lose so let luck, Drogba and the questionable decision to play Bertrand as a winger to lead him to undeserved victory.

But he won the Champions League yes?

355 posts