Stam Gone

355 posts
wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stam Gone

by wingnut » 21 Mar 2018 14:17

I think that the fact that the club have waited until Wednesday morning to make the announcement means that they've at least been looking for someone since the match on Saturday. With Stam not doing the post-match press rounds it now looks like he was given his marching orders straight afterwards - or at least he knew he was toast.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Mar 2018 14:18

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
That is because you are clueless.

Di Matteo is a Champions League winner and more than good enough to manage Reading.

He only won that because Ribery and Robben decided to forget how to get a shot on target. Its not like he built that team in any way. He had nothing to lose so let luck, Drogba and the questionable decision to play Bertrand as a winger to lead him to undeserved victory.

But he won the Champions League yes?

Aha you got me there! Well played sir. Well played.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Mar 2018 14:21

wingnut I think that the fact that the club have waited until Wednesday morning to make the announcement means that they've at least been looking for someone since the match on Saturday. With Stam not doing the post-match press rounds it now looks like he was given his marching orders straight afterwards - or at least he knew he was toast.

yep exactly. Taken couple of days to sort out the paperwork.

Reckon someone (Clement) will be announced tomorrow.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 21 Mar 2018 14:25

Or they had to give time for the Chinese owners to get over following the game. The Reading Post article suggests the meeting happened last night with the owners.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Mar 2018 14:26

Old Man Andrews
double d
NewCorkSeth Di Matteo always struck me as a poser. Fluked his way to success and was rightly found out at Schalke.

agreed. I would rather have redknapp then him

Di Matteo is a Champions League winner and more than good enough to manage Reading.

Erm, I think Stam was too. As we all know, being a magnificent player does not guarantee becoming even a haf-decent manager.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Mar 2018 14:28

strap
Old Man Andrews
double d

Erm, I think Stam was too. As we all know, being a magnificent player does not guarantee becoming even a haf-decent manager.

Jaap Stam managed a team to Champions League success?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2018 14:30

strap
Old Man Andrews
double d

As a player, with Sir Alex Ferguson at the helm. Bit different.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Mar 2018 14:30

Brum Royal Or they had to give time for the Chinese owners to get over following the game. The Reading Post article suggests the meeting happened last night with the owners.

Yep, seems the meeting was last night. But reckon the decision was made before: Decent quotes from Stam though - I think he comes across a decent chap who just completely ballsed up this year. Good luck to him

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/stam- ... g-fc-exit/

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 21 Mar 2018 14:32

If we can't get Steven Reid back then how about Keven Dillon? Last I heard he was out of work and he always spoke a lot of sense when on BBC Berkshire when covering Reading games, Glen Little and Mick Gooding do as well, Mick has a full time job so how about Glen being Kevin's assistant?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Mar 2018 14:40

The Royal Forester If we can't get Steven Reid back then how about Keven Dillon? Last I heard he was out of work and he always spoke a lot of sense when on BBC Berkshire when covering Reading games, Glen Little and Mick Gooding do as well, Mick has a full time job so how about Glen being Kevin's assistant?

Yep lets keep living in the past, great stuff.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Mar 2018 14:53

double d I like b Mac and feel he was unfairly shafted

Agreed, and I do, too. But not sure that makes him the right hire for us at this time. How come he's always available? Are we on an island whereby we're the only club who rates him?

Snowflake Royal I don't see a new guy making much difference (almost surprised no immediate announcement tbh), but there's an outside chance of a change in focus could lift the players. They're obviously better than this.

Well, been told all season the problem is Stam because the players are very talented. So, 8 games should surely be enough for a managerial 'bounce'? (if you buy in to those theories).

Jaytee

by Jaytee » 21 Mar 2018 15:19

CountryRoyal
genome
Jaytee Big Mistake :o :o :o
I think he was just turning things around. Should have been given till end of the season. If we go down now it will be the Boards fault .
I thought Aluko was just starting to show signs of brilliance, Blackett too!
How has Gareth not got Liam in the squad - unbelievable .
Swifty was just starting to get stuck in and put himself about, being particularly dominant in the air.
McCleary and Kermi back to their very very (too) old selves.
Chris G's pinpoint back passes showing his class as an International.
Joey turning over a new leaf and being nice.

I'm so pee'd off that, in protest, I shall attend every home game until the end of the season, then buy an early bird for next season.

P.S. If they can sack Jaap, why can't they sack the c womble that tells us all to "Back the boys etc.." at the start of each half. Such an embarrassment

+1

Felt it was trying far too hard. Poor execution.

I agree

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2018 15:21

Denver Royal

Agreed, and I do, too. But not sure that makes him the right hire for us at this time. How come he's always available? Are we on an island whereby we're the only club who rates him?

Snowflake Royal I don't see a new guy making much difference (almost surprised no immediate announcement tbh), but there's an outside chance of a change in focus could lift the players. They're obviously better than this.

Well, been told all season the problem is Stam because the players are very talented. So, 8 games should surely be enough for a managerial 'bounce'? (if you buy in to those theories).

How many games did Hazza have at brum last season?

double d

by double d » 21 Mar 2018 15:24

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

He only won that because Ribery and Robben decided to forget how to get a shot on target. Its not like he built that team in any way. He had nothing to lose so let luck, Drogba and the questionable decision to play Bertrand as a winger to lead him to undeserved victory.

But he won the Champions League yes?

So you are saying because he fluked his way to a lucky, undeserved CL win with a squad he inherited he is a great manager?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Mar 2018 15:29

Excellent DD, let Kes take over another thread with his constant shit.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Mar 2018 15:30

double d
Denver Royal

How many games did Hazza have at brum last season?

3. He won 2. The 1st being against Huddersfield reserves.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Mar 2018 15:42

Clement is the biggest fraud out there. Would be devastated if we got him.

Closely followed by Gary Monk.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Mar 2018 15:44

Talksport mentioned the bloke Potter who manages some team called Ostriches in Scandanavia.....You know the one that beat Arse....
His odds have come in......Not sure what I think about that. :shock:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 21 Mar 2018 15:45

Old Man Andrews
strap
Old Man Andrews

Jaap Stam managed a team to Champions League success?

No. The post just said Di Matteo is a Champions League winner. As is Stam. Sorry for any confusion?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Mar 2018 15:50

:| :| :| :| :| :| :|

355 posts