i’m a Twat leon ? stop be nasty towards me . i will report you

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

Re: who do you want as the new manager

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Mar 2018 12:03

Old Man Andrews
Elm Park Kid
Old Man Andrews
You want counselling if you genuinely want McDermott back. Stop living in the past, its over now. Just move on.

Reading's past was better than it's present.

The same can be said about 90% of the clubs in the Football League (roughly). You can't live in the past, football is an evolving sport and new, fresh ideas are needed. Jaap Stam didn't evolve this season and has paid the price, he got found out and lost his job.

Is Paul Clement the evolving type ? I'm reading some concerning stuff about his style of play which nearly condemned Swansea ..
Last edited by Longhorn1970 on 22 Mar 2018 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 12:05

leon just put the twat on ignore and it will go away
shut up

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Mar 2018 12:06

North Royal Lad, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Mar 2018 12:08

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Royalwaster Derby fans' views on Paul Clement before his move to Swansea:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/24770-paul-clement/

The bit about his style of football being like monopoly made me laff ...

Thats an interesting read. Gives a good all round viewpoint.

The abuse of Blackman is quite funny as well

£3million for Blackman represents the finest deal in this clubs history. What a laughable excuse for a footballer that man was.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 22 Mar 2018 12:08

leon just put the twat on ignore and it will go away

Is that the foe option?

EDIT yes, it is. What a marvellous feature!
Last edited by The Reverend on 22 Mar 2018 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 22 Mar 2018 12:09

royalp-we Imho I'd like to get someone else in till May. Then perhaps build with someone like Clement in the summer.

Yeah, I've seen this scenario suggested by a few others, tbf.

But, why the delay? What would be the advantage in putting it off? Joining mid season and 'Saving a club from relegation' is one of the trump cards on his resume, right? That being the case, it seems to me if you believe in Clement and he's your man, then you'd be excited and want him in here as soon as possible. He's out there available and doing nothing anyway. So the sooner we get him in here, and he starts on the job, the better?

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 12:10

leon North Royal Lad, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post

haha

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 22 Mar 2018 12:12

Denver Royal
royalp-we Imho I'd like to get someone else in till May. Then perhaps build with someone like Clement in the summer.

But, why the delay? What would be the advantage in putting it off? Joining mid season and 'Saving a club from relegation' is one of the trump cards on his resume, right? That being the case, it seems to me if you believe in Clement and he's your man, then you'd be excited and want him in here as soon as possible. He's out there available and doing nothing anyway. So the sooner we get him in here, and he starts on the job, the better?

Get Harry Redknapp in until the end of the season and then reassess not clement ..

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 22 Mar 2018 12:13

Few Derby and Swansea fans suggesting that Clement doesn't have the right personality to be a manager. I have always thought that too, always looks a bit rabbit in headlights to me.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 22 Mar 2018 12:14

Longhorn1970
Denver Royal

Get Harry Redknapp in until the end of the season and then reassess not clement ..

I keep hearing this stupid suggestion. Mainly from stupid mongs on here.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Mar 2018 12:17

Longhorn1970
Denver Royal

You need sectioning if you think that tax dodging fraud is the answer.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Mar 2018 12:21

Royalwaster Derby fans' views on Paul Clement before his move to Swansea:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/24770-paul-clement/

The bit about his style of football being like monopoly made me laff ...

Oh good, we're hiring Jaap Stam......
Clement Pros:

Intelligent
Loves analytics
Fits the continental style Swansea used to be known for.
Clearly a good coach.
Will hopefully have learned from his Derby mistakes.

Clement con's:

"Boring" possession based game
Man management? Upset the squad somehow in the month before he was sacked.
Didn't seem to have the I knack of really getting things turned round when the chips were down.
Thought he was destined for better things, didn't bother going to championship matches or reaserching championship players

Overall:

I can see why Swansea are keen, he could still make it as a very good manager.

However, the way his Derby side went from utterly controlled and competent to pure dog do in a month was baffling.

There's no real known truth about what exactly he was sacked for, we were told"footballing reasons" but not "because we were bottom of the firm table, hadn't won in sand looked awful doing it" - fell out with owner Mel is as far as we can speculate. Generally believed has treated a bit badly, but his team was dull.

I think, hand on heart, this is a mistake for Swansea and you should gave got Rowett, I'm not sure Clement can galvanize you for the coming relegation fight, but, good luck.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Mar 2018 12:26

If Clement does come what does that mean for Barrow? Anyone remember how their relationship was at Swans?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Mar 2018 12:28

For those thinking the youngsters will get a look in....
Mel Morris never wanted that for our club. We wanted to use more young players but Clement never watched the youngsters or took an interest in their development. He took a scattergun approach to buying players and so needed to spend a lot of money. The club just wasn't working as a functioning whole. Clement got us in the right position in the league but wasn't buying into the vision.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 12:28

Longhorn1970
Denver Royal

Listern mate Harry don’t what to managerment no more
So i think you should not comment on harry .... We need a manager for the Furture and it be a manager appointment by in next 2 days !!

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 12:30

Longhorn1970
Denver Royal

not going to happen , and Clement is not bad boss

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Mar 2018 12:32

John Smith If Clement does come what does that mean for Barrow? Anyone remember how their relationship was at Swans?

Anyone who's read this thread probably does. TBF Mo is higher up the pecking order than he was at Swansea so unless Clement has a personal issue with him it really doesn't make much difference does it?

BTW cracking to see how everyone's "Anyone but Stam" outlook has died on it's arse before the new man even starts!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Mar 2018 12:37

Got to remember that we’ve been playing a certain style of football for 2 seasons now as have the u23s etc so we can’t go too far away from it, not with only 8 games to go

Clement will understand the style but may be able to unlock something in the players that Stam couldn’t

First thing he needs to do is pick a settled 11 and not keep chopping and changing like Stam did

In the summer we can build on the style as I’m sure he’s learnt a lot since his time at Swansea and Derby. He would have taken the negative comments onboard and adapted his mentality (you’d hope so anyway)

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Mar 2018 12:42

work out what best team is and stick to it.
sort out a balanced defensive shape.
unlock the potential of our attacking players

easy :lol:

485 posts