who do you want as the new manager

485 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: who do you want as the new manager

by windermereROYAL » 23 Mar 2018 08:01

double d May aswell put more on us to go down then.

Thats my boy, lets shoot the man before he gets the floor dirty.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 23 Mar 2018 08:02

double d May aswell put more on us to go down then.

going down shut up .... we are stay up
slag him off all reday pal

Clement will take us back to premiership one day

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Mar 2018 09:10

How long before fans are on Clement's back?

Preston at home? Fulham away?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Mar 2018 09:13

QPR (H)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Mar 2018 09:23

I think it's worth pointing out that, IMO, the so called negative football Clement was accused of playing at Derby was a lot more positive and exciting the watch than Stam has put out for the last two seasons.

I think he's pretty much what we need right now and fits pretty well with the kind of culture the club has been trying to put in place ever since McDermott was replaced the first time around.

There is still a doubt in my mind that he's destined to be a No.2 that doesn't step up to being a manager in his own right. The good news is that he'll hopefully have learnt a lot from Derby and Swansea and a failure here will probably be the end of his ambitions to manage so it's a massive job for him, so there might not be the stepping stone feeling to it that the fans felt with him in those previous clubs.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 09:46

leon I really don’t want any Clement anywhere near Reading.

Why?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 23 Mar 2018 09:57

As always time will tell, I've a feeling the players will now have a miraculous return to that they are capable of. If it's the same against QPR then we've not much hope.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 10:02

Gunny Fishcake As always time will tell, I've a feeling the players will now have a miraculous return to that they are capable of. If it's the same against QPR then we've not much hope.

Despite their recent good form, I think QPR is a good fixture to have next. They are very much beatable, it's a home game and the international break can hopefully disrupt their momentum. If it were a Wolves or a Villa next then I'd not be so optimistic.

double d

by double d » 23 Mar 2018 10:18

John Smith

Why?

He is stam with hair.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Mar 2018 10:33

John Smith

Why?

I'd like to see an up and coming manager that's cut their teeth in the lower leagues and has some realistic experience over a period of time.

Look, I hope he's a success. I really do. I just want him to realise we're not Real Madrid or Bayern and can't play like that - we have JVDB as our defensive midfielder FFS. :)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 10:47

leon
John Smith

Why?

I'd like to see an up and coming manager that's cut their teeth in the lower leagues and has some realistic experience over a period of time.

Look, I hope he's a success. I really do. I just want him to realise we're not Real Madrid or Bayern and can't play like that - we have JVDB as our defensive midfielder FFS. :)

You really have no idea do you.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Mar 2018 11:01

John Smith
leon
John Smith Why?

Go on....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 11:25

leon
John Smith
leon

Go on....

We're on the brink of relegation and you'd rather bring in "an up and coming manager that's cut their teeth in the lower leagues"? This isn't time for a gamble or an experiment you idiot - we need someone with a proven track record of survival at this or a higher level in a similar playing style. Just because the BBC have a love in with the Cowley's doesn't mean they'd keep us up or be anything like a success.

People seem to quickly forget about Eddie Howe's stint at Burnley all too quickly.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Mar 2018 11:38

John Smith
leon
John Smith You really have no idea do you.

Go on....

We're on the brink of relegation and you'd rather bring in "an up and coming manager that's cut their teeth in the lower leagues"? This isn't time for a gamble or an experiment you idiot - we need someone with a proven track record of survival at this or a higher level in a similar playing style. Just because the BBC have a love in with the Cowley's doesn't mean they'd keep us up or be anything like a success.

People seem to quickly forget about Eddie Howe's stint at Burnley all too quickly.

We might need a relegation save FOR EIGHT GAMES but the question is,
IF Clement serves up another few seasons of Stam-Style football, will
the fans drink the Cool-Aid?

I need to be excited by football, Results are important, but so is entertainment

As for Eddie Howe, he just didn't fit at Burnley, but he got Bournemouth
into the top flight playing fast attacking football

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Mar 2018 11:50

John Smith
leon
John Smith You really have no idea do you.

Go on....

You're trying to tell me that we're in the shit? You - having been in denial all season. :lol:

Clement has managed 74 games.
Stam has managed 98 games.

We've now got a less experienced manager. The style of play is one of the reason we're in this shit.

But you crack on.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 12:10

leon
John Smith
leon
Go on....

You're trying to tell me that we're in the shit? You - having been in denial all season. :lol:

We've now got a less experienced manager. The style of play is one of the reason we're in this shit.

But you crack on.

You've well and truly lost the plot.

We weren't in a relegation fight until Bolton beat Villa last Saturday. But we are now and need someone to get us out of it.

Are you on the piss already or something?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 23 Mar 2018 12:15

John Smith
leon
John Smith We're on the brink of relegation and you'd rather bring in "an up and coming manager that's cut their teeth in the lower leagues"? This isn't time for a gamble or an experiment you idiot - we need someone with a proven track record of survival at this or a higher level in a similar playing style. Just because the BBC have a love in with the Cowley's doesn't mean they'd keep us up or be anything like a success.

But you crack on.

We weren't in a relegation fight until Bolton beat Villa last Saturday. But we are now and need someone to get us out of it.

We were in a relegation scrap before then mate or has our God awful form passed you by somehow...?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 12:22

Tilehurstsouthbank We were in a relegation scrap before then mate or has our God awful form passed you by somehow...?

That's not the point.

The point is we are all agreed we are in a relegation scrap and that clown leon thinks it would be a good idea to bring in a lower league manager to get us out of it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2018 12:46

John Smith
Tilehurstsouthbank We were in a relegation scrap before then mate or has our God awful form passed you by somehow...?

That's not the point.

The point is we are all agreed we are in a relegation scrap and that clown leon thinks it would be a good idea to bring in a lower league manager to get us out of it.

Your both clowns to be fair. You for being in denial we've been in a relegation fight for a month or two and leon for a knee jerk negative reaction to any playstyle involving passing amd possession.

You're welcome to argue who is the bigger clown, but like who is the thicker troll between awayawayaway and double dunce it doesn't matter to the rest of us.

double d

by double d » 23 Mar 2018 12:48

John Smith
leon
John Smith We're on the brink of relegation and you'd rather bring in "an up and coming manager that's cut their teeth in the lower leagues"? This isn't time for a gamble or an experiment you idiot - we need someone with a proven track record of survival at this or a higher level in a similar playing style. Just because the BBC have a love in with the Cowley's doesn't mean they'd keep us up or be anything like a success.

But you crack on.

WE HAVE BEEN IN A RELEGATION FIGHT SINCE NOVEMBER!!!! FFS!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO DELUDED!!!!

A RELEGATION FIGHT IS WHEN YOU ARE ONE OR TWO LOSSES FROM BEING DRAGGED INTO THE SHIT..... WE HAVE BEEN IN THE BOTTOM 6 FOR MONTHS...... THAT IS A RELEGATION FIGHT

BECAUSE WE ARE FIGHTING TO AVOID BEING RELEGATED!!!

YOU ARE EVEN MORE OF A MONG THEN THAT DAVE ROYAL IDIOT

485 posts