who do you want as the new manager

485 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: who do you want as the new manager

by Denver Royal » 23 Mar 2018 12:57

John Smith
Tilehurstsouthbank We were in a relegation scrap before then mate or has our God awful form passed you by somehow...?

That's not the point.

The point is we are all agreed we are in a relegation scrap and that clown leon thinks it would be a good idea to bring in a lower league manager to get us out of it.

He's not the only one, tbf. Not by a long shot. Plenty were wanting lower league managers, like the Shrewsbury manager, and Potter, and Devonshire, etc.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Mar 2018 13:07

Snowflake Royal
John Smith
Tilehurstsouthbank We were in a relegation scrap before then mate or has our God awful form passed you by somehow...?

That's not the point.

The point is we are all agreed we are in a relegation scrap and that clown leon thinks it would be a good idea to bring in a lower league manager to get us out of it.

Your both clowns to be fair. You for being in denial we've been in a relegation fight for a month or two and leon for a knee jerk negative reaction to any playstyle involving passing amd possession.

You're welcome to argue who is the bigger clown, but like who is the thicker troll between awayawayaway and double dunce it doesn't matter to the rest of us.

:lol: You boys.

I'd like a manager who has a track record of managing. Lower leagues or not.

And I'm interested in seeing a quote of where I've said I don't like passing or possession - bearing in mind my favourite ever RFC side was McGhee's who could do both rather well.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 23 Mar 2018 13:09

Don’t listen to me do u i told you it was paul clement all the long

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Mar 2018 13:12

Denver Royal
John Smith

That's not the point.

He's not the only one, tbf. Not by a long shot. Plenty were wanting lower league managers, like the Shrewsbury manager, and Potter, and Devonshire, etc.

Potter was me.......And he would have been ideal. And guess what, he may have been in the lower leagues (is the Swedish league lower?)but hes won trophies, done amazing in Europe and beaten f*cking Arsenal which is more than we have ever done!!!!!! He plays a fearless type of football which would have been great for us but alas we are where we are.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Mar 2018 13:33

Ascotexgunner
Denver Royal
John Smith That's not the point.

Potter was me.......And he would have been ideal. And guess what, he may have been in the lower leagues (is the Swedish league lower?)but hes won trophies, done amazing in Europe and beaten f*cking Arsenal which is more than we have ever done!!!!!! He plays a fearless type of football which would have been great for us but alas we are where we are.

Yeah, and that's fine. Good points. It wasn't a criticism, was just pointing out to John Brown that many (most?) wanted a lower league manager. I can see a rationale for that myself.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 13:59

double d WE HAVE BEEN IN A RELEGATION FIGHT SINCE NOVEMBER!!!! FFS!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO DELUDED!!!!

A RELEGATION FIGHT IS WHEN YOU ARE ONE OR TWO LOSSES FROM BEING DRAGGED INTO THE SHIT..... WE HAVE BEEN IN THE BOTTOM 6 FOR MONTHS...... THAT IS A RELEGATION FIGHT

BECAUSE WE ARE FIGHTING TO AVOID BEING RELEGATED!!!

YOU ARE EVEN MORE OF A MONG THEN THAT DAVE ROYAL IDIOT

THAT ISN'T THE POINT.

We aren't discussing relegation specifically, we're discussing the managerial replacement. That was the situation we were discussing and his solution was utterly ridiculous.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Mar 2018 14:00

John, please can you not quote him, I've already blocked the helmet, I can't be dealing with seeing full on caps lock rants.

double d

by double d » 23 Mar 2018 14:01

John Smith
double d WE HAVE BEEN IN A RELEGATION FIGHT SINCE NOVEMBER!!!! FFS!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO DELUDED!!!!

A RELEGATION FIGHT IS WHEN YOU ARE ONE OR TWO LOSSES FROM BEING DRAGGED INTO THE SHIT..... WE HAVE BEEN IN THE BOTTOM 6 FOR MONTHS...... THAT IS A RELEGATION FIGHT

BECAUSE WE ARE FIGHTING TO AVOID BEING RELEGATED!!!

YOU ARE EVEN MORE OF A MONG THEN THAT DAVE ROYAL IDIOT

THAT ISN'T THE POINT.

We aren't discussing relegation specifically, we're discussing the managerial replacement. That was the situation we were discussing and his solution was utterly ridiculous.

Deluded

double d

by double d » 23 Mar 2018 14:01

genome John, please can you not quote him, I've already blocked the helmet, I can't be dealing with seeing full on caps lock rants.

Dont listen to this precious little snowflake john

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Mar 2018 14:03

double d, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Mar 2018 14:03

I’d have liked an up and coming lower league manager

Realistically however, we would have been unlikely to have prised one from their clubs at this stage of the season, and if so would have prob had to pay well over the odds. Christmas time maybe, or in pre-season, but in our current circumstance, I can see Clement is prob the best we are going to get

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Mar 2018 14:05

It's certainly a better appointment than Paul Heckingbottom. What were Leeds thinking...

double d

by double d » 23 Mar 2018 14:05

genome double d, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

Genome, who is currently on your whiney obsessed snowflake list, made this post.

Display this post.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2018 14:10

genome John, please can you not quote him, I've already blocked the helmet, I can't be dealing with seeing full on caps lock rants.

Sorry mate

Hound I’d have liked an up and coming lower league manager

Realistically however, we would have been unlikely to have prised one from their clubs at this stage of the season, and if so would have prob had to pay well over the odds. Christmas time maybe, or in pre-season, but in our current circumstance, I can see Clement is prob the best we are going to get

Don't get me wrong I think the Cowley's (used as an example as they are probably the hottest lower league managers atm) are very good and will probably go far in the game, and I'd have liked them too in a different situation. I feel like a broken record here but Clement got Swans out the shit and we need his experience from that to do the same now. Now's not the time for a gamble.

They'd (The Cowleys) be a good fit for an Ipswich who are looking to chuck Mick in the summer.

Is that clear for everyone now?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Mar 2018 14:12

What point is the ignore list if people can still quote you and private message you? :|

Sigh. Anyway, back to the football.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Mar 2018 14:14

Yeah, good points. I imagine 'availability' was key with the hiring of Clement. Not sure we pursue him otherwise? Prolly a big reason we were (supposedly) in for Cotterill, too.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 23 Mar 2018 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Mar 2018 14:18

genome It's certainly a better appointment than Paul Heckingbottom. What were Leeds thinking...

https://twitter.com/socceram/status/962 ... 40?lang=en

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Mar 2018 14:20

CountryRoyal
genome It's certainly a better appointment than Paul Heckingbottom. What were Leeds thinking...

One of the only funny things Soccer AM has done in years.

By the way, big fan of the new avatar.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Mar 2018 14:22

genome
CountryRoyal

One of the only funny things Soccer AM has done in years.

By the way, big fan of the new avatar.

Thank you, sir.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Mar 2018 14:53

John Smith

Sorry mate

Don't get me wrong I think the Cowley's (used as an example as they are probably the hottest lower league managers atm) are very good and will probably go far in the game, and I'd have liked them too in a different situation. I feel like a broken record here but Clement got Swans out the shit and we need his experience from that to do the same now. Now's not the time for a gamble.

They'd (The Cowleys) be a good fit for an Ipswich who are looking to chuck Mick in the summer.

Is that clear for everyone now?

You’re still full of shit.

485 posts