POLL: Paul Clement in... are we still going down?

Are we still going down?

Yes - we’re fcuked regardless
33%
No - we’re staying up
67%

Total votes: 110
North Royal Lad

Re: POLL: Paul Clement in... are we still going down?

by North Royal Lad » 23 Mar 2018 12:08

Y21
North Royal Lad Radio berkshire said press conference later this afternoon .

Dave, stop it. You are spamming the board and being annoying. Shush now.

it not dave ok

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 23 Mar 2018 12:09

North Royal Lad
Y21

it not dave ok

Point still stands.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 23 Mar 2018 12:16

North Royal Lad
Y21

it not dave ok

Is Dave your Dad?

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 23 Mar 2018 12:18

Tilehurstsouthbank
North Royal Lad
Y21

it not dave ok

Is Dave your Dad?

i’m not dave ok

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Mar 2018 12:19

North Royal Lad
Royalwaster
North Royal Lad but he singing at weekend

What is he singing? The national anthem or will it be Clap, clap, clap, blue army, blue army, blue army?

you no paul clement coming

That's not a song, so he won't be singing that.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 23 Mar 2018 12:20

North Royal Lad
Tilehurstsouthbank
North Royal Lad it not dave ok

Is Dave your Dad?

i’m not dave ok

The Lady doth protest too much methinks...

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Mar 2018 13:16

2 world wars, 1 world cup Paul Clement *may* not be the greatest manager in the world but he's not awful. His biggest crime is perhaps playing negative football.

The point however is that Stam this season has been utterly woeful and totally clueless. I honestly believe was worse than having no one there.

It literally couldn't be worse with Stam, who, listening to his post match interviews where he consistently sounded unbothered and was saying the owners can sack him if they want, seemed like he wasn't trying and the players must've sensed that.

This is a change we need and any change is good in such a situation.

Hmmm. Well, its important to make the right appointment, so that you aren't changing again soon. Its nothing to do with Stam in that respect. He's gone. If you are making a choice, its important to make the right choice, at any given time.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Mar 2018 13:17

Denver Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Paul Clement *may* not be the greatest manager in the world but he's not awful. His biggest crime is perhaps playing negative football.

The point however is that Stam this season has been utterly woeful and totally clueless. I honestly believe was worse than having no one there.

It literally couldn't be worse with Stam, who, listening to his post match interviews where he consistently sounded unbothered and was saying the owners can sack him if they want, seemed like he wasn't trying and the players must've sensed that.

Hmmm. Well, its important to make the right appointment, so that you aren't changing again soon. Its nothing to do with Stam in that respect. He's gone. If you are making a choice, its important to make the right choice, at any given time.

Well done for reaching the acceptance stage of your grief.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Mar 2018 13:19

RIP in peace, sweet Dutch Prince x

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Mar 2018 16:39

Denver Royal

I don't disagree mate. My point was purely in response to the question of will Paul Clements stop us going down, so I was comparing Paul Clements as manager v keeping Stam as manager and if there will be an improvement in our fortunes with the change. Of those two choices I think we are less likely to go down now for the reasons I give above. But yes of course there are managers that may be better. If you're suggesting a third option, which would be to not have got anyone in at all and just wait it out and see if we can get someone better in the summer then that's interesting I guess, not given it much thought. I suppose having someone in is better than noone and I think Clement is definitely better than noone.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Mar 2018 16:53

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Denver Royal

I don't disagree mate. My point was purely in response to the question of will Paul Clements stop us going down, so I was comparing Paul Clements as manager v keeping Stam as manager and if there will be an improvement in our fortunes with the change. Of those two choices I think we are less likely to go down now for the reasons I give above. But yes of course there are managers that may be better. If you're suggesting a third option, which would be to not have got anyone in at all and just wait it out and see if we can get someone better in the summer then that's interesting I guess, not given it much thought. I suppose having someone in is better than noone and I think Clement is definitely better than noone.

Oh, I agree mate. We have 3/4 pts cushion, and 8 games should be plenty for a 'managerial bounce'. So yeah, I'm bullish on staying up, and would assume Clement is, too, having signed on(?). Wonder how much we are paying him?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 23 Mar 2018 18:50

Denver Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Denver Royal

Oh, I agree mate. We have 3/4 pts cushion, and 8 games should be plenty for a 'managerial bounce'. So yeah, I'm bullish on staying up, and would assume Clement is, too, having signed on(?). Wonder how much we are paying him?

A lot. Wonder if there is a break clause if the worst happens ?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Mar 2018 09:22

We're going to win all our remaining games now - guaranteed!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Mar 2018 11:14

Took a look at Reading odds for relegation

I managed to cancel my bet with William Hill (17/2) so very pleased

but now I see 9/2 is very common with one layer out at 7/1