POLL: Paul Clement in... are we still going down?

Are we still going down?

Yes - we’re fcuked regardless
33%
No - we’re staying up
67%

Total votes: 110
McDermolenko

POLL: Paul Clement in... are we still going down?

by McDermolenko » 22 Mar 2018 16:52

It seems quite obvious that Paul Clement will be appointed as our new club manager in the coming days, so, are we still going down...?

The Reverend

Re: POLL: Paul Clement in... are we still going down?

by The Reverend » 22 Mar 2018 16:54

I don't know

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 16:55

PAUL CLEMENT is the red-hot favourite to take over at Reading FC after the club dismissed former boss Jaap Stam.

The 46-year-old, who has previously held posts as assistant manager at European giants Real Madrid, is a free agent after he was sacked by Swansea City in December 2017.

Reports suggest Clement is currently flying back to the UK from a family holiday in United States with a view to signing a deal before the weekend.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Mar 2018 17:08

What in the name of oxf*rd god is going on with this poll? Where is the Ian Royal option? This is a disgrace. Mods please delete this filth.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2018 17:11

I think IF Clement comes in by Monday we have a slightly increased chance of staying up. I'd still rate our chances as slightly better than Brum or Burton.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 17:41

Snowflake Royal I think IF Clement comes in by Monday we have a slightly increased chance of staying up. I'd still rate our chances as slightly better than Brum or Burton.

but he singing at weekend

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 22 Mar 2018 18:12

I think Clement would be a shrewd appointment, he has experience in getting teams out of trouble at the wrong end of the table, he has a wealth of experience (All be it as a Coach) but the clubs he has coached couldn't be of a higher caliber so his contact list must be pretty impressive.
And lets face it, everyone is saying he plays negative football, surly he cannot be as negative as Stam for gods sake . I would be confident that he could install enough belief into the players for us to get two wins under our belt which should be enough to get us over the line and then start a complete over haul ready for next season. This squad with a bit of fine tuning isn't that bad and probably the costliest in our history.
Last edited by Crowbar6753 on 22 Mar 2018 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Mar 2018 18:14

I think we will stay up fairly comfortably now. Under Stam I was in no doubt that he would take us down because I didn't see us improving, we had gotten into a rut which it was increasingly obvious there was no way out of under the existing circumstances.

The quality is there and I think now they are free of the shackles so to speak they will be able to perform better. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see us string a few wins together at some point.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Mar 2018 18:26

The Reverend I don't know

This is the correct answer.

I have no idea how the players will react, to be honest.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 18:28

PAUL CLEMENT is the red-hot favourite to take over at Reading FC after the club dismissed former boss Jaap Stam.

The 46-year-old, who has previously held posts as assistant manager at European giants Real Madrid, is a free agent after he was sacked by Swansea City in December 2017.

Reports suggest Clement is currently flying back to the UK from a family holiday in United States with a view to signing a deal before the weekend.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 22 Mar 2018 18:34

Like Ian says, if we get him by Monday we'll stay up if we get him on Tuesday we're definitely going down :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Mar 2018 18:40

I dearly hope I'm proved wrong but I fear his appointment would finish off the relegation job. His most recent experience is getting a club into trouble at the wrong end of the table.

The owners left it far too late to make their mind up on Stam and to find they sacked him this late in the season, without a really good replacement walking in the next day (regardless of how cynical and underhand such an act would have been) worries me even more.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Mar 2018 18:51

RoyalBlue I dearly hope I'm proved wrong but I fear his appointment would finish off the relegation job. His most recent experience is getting a club into trouble at the wrong end of the table.

The owners left it far too late to make their mind up on Stam and to find they sacked him this late in the season, without a really good replacement walking in the next day (regardless of how cynical and underhand such an act would have been) worries me even more.

He did remarkably well keeping Swansea up last season.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 19:01

Awayawayaway Like Ian says, if we get him by Monday we'll stay up if we get him on Tuesday we're definitely going down :lol:

i have told you Paul clement, is coming by weekend

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 19:02

Zip
RoyalBlue I dearly hope I'm proved wrong but I fear his appointment would finish off the relegation job. His most recent experience is getting a club into trouble at the wrong end of the table.

He did remarkably well keeping Swansea up last season.

Yes

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Mar 2018 19:05

He got the same club out of trouble last year.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2018 19:32

Where is the Ian Royal option in this poll? Unacceptable.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 22 Mar 2018 20:01

Old Man Andrews Where is the Ian Royal option in this poll? Unacceptable.

Paul Clement !!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2018 20:12

North Royal Lad
Old Man Andrews Where is the Ian Royal option in this poll? Unacceptable.

Paul Clement !!

Yes, yes you are. Run along now. Take care.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Mar 2018 20:24

North Royal Lad
Snowflake Royal I think IF Clement comes in by Monday we have a slightly increased chance of staying up. I'd still rate our chances as slightly better than Brum or Burton.

but he singing at weekend

What is he singing? The national anthem or will it be Clap, clap, clap, blue army, blue army, blue army?