Save our dignity please Mr manager.

Bring a backroom team with you.

Let's do this

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New Manager Press Conference 12pm today

by Hound » 23 Mar 2018 07:46

Well obvs be Clement

Good luck to him. Probably a sensible if slightly uninspired choice.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 Mar 2018 07:55

I'll be delighted if it is. I think people are underestimating what Clement has achieved for some of the world's biggest clubs, most importantly, coaching a similar playing style to our own.

And Right now, we need the best from the players we have got.

Best choice out of the options to be suggested.

#WelcomePaul
Last edited by royalp-we on 23 Mar 2018 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 23 Mar 2018 08:13

Once lived in Crowthorne so a thumbs up from me.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 23 Mar 2018 08:20

windermereROYAL
royalp-we I'm not your 'mate'. I'm not your 'pal'. I'm no longer engaging any response at you.

Click on his profile, friend or foe, click foe, wont see the idiots posts anymore. easily done.

This is very good advice.

Feeling optimistic about Clement, he does indeed have a long and successful coaching history and hopefully he will have learned something at Derby so he can make the changes necessary to his style to make it work for the Championship this time round.

Delboy

by Delboy » 23 Mar 2018 08:28

Be interesting to see his back up staff will we see Nigel Gibbs back

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Mar 2018 08:31

royalp-we I'll be delighted if it is. I think people are underestimating what Clement has achieved for some of the world's biggest clubs, most importantly, coaching a similar playing style to our own.

And Right now, we need the best from the players we have got.

Best choice out of the options to be suggested.

#WelcomePaul

Well said.

Will probs be Hoddle though. :D

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Mar 2018 08:53

If you read what the Derby and Swansea supporters say about him I wonder if this is the right appointment. Boring, sideways passing, no plan B, uninspiring. At both clubs seems to have done well at the start and then things went wrong. Does this remind you of someone??

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Mar 2018 08:54

paddy20 If you read what the Derby and Swansea supporters say about him I wonder if this is the right appointment. Boring, sideways passing, no plan B, uninspiring. At both clubs seems to have done well at the start and then things went wrong. Does this remind you of someone??

yep so uninspiring, he got Swansea a 3-2 win at Anfield last year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38620045

Lets give the chap a chance - Supporters normally slag off their ex-managers. He has a good pedigree in coaching and is available right now when we need him.
Last edited by Hound on 23 Mar 2018 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Mar 2018 08:56

We owe it to Clement to get fully behind him even if you're not a fan of his appointment. We don't have enough time left in the season to moan about if he is the right choice or not. The fact is he is the choice and he needs our backing. Time to wipe the slate clean with the players too and get behind all of them. Even Joey Van Den Berg..........

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Mar 2018 09:02

paddy20 If you read what the Derby and Swansea supporters say about him I wonder if this is the right appointment. Boring, sideways passing, no plan B, uninspiring. At both clubs seems to have done well at the start and then things went wrong. Does this remind you of someone??

If only someone had mentioned this already! Anyway, doing well at the start is exactly what we need isn't it?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Mar 2018 09:14

Silver Fox

If only someone had mentioned this already! Anyway, doing well at the start is exactly what we need isn't it?

Exactly. Plus we have no idea if this will be a contract til the summer, with a clause to review then or a 2 (and a bit) year contract.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Mar 2018 09:18

Paul also is, to a degree, a Reading lad. Although born in Wandsworth think he spent a good while in Reading as a youngster, esp. seeing as his brother Neil was born in Reading in 1979.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Mar 2018 09:19

Despite my initial negativity about the appointment, I'm certainly coming round to the idea.

I very much doubt Clement goes into clubs advocating 'boring, negative' football. After all, it's not like the Chelsea, Madrid, and Munich teams he coached played that way.

It should also be noted that his only real 'failure' as a manager has been 3 months at a Swansea team that had lost their key player who they didn't come close to replacing.

He's a highly respected coach, who's worked with some of the best players in world football, has lots of contacts we can make use of, and I'm sure he'll be desperate to prove a point.

Personally I'd rather we'd gone for a younger manager from the lower leagues, but that in itself would have brought tons of risk given the position we are in, and now the decision has been made I'm more than happy to get behind him - which I think we all need to do.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Mar 2018 09:22

winchester_royal Despite my initial negativity about the appointment, I'm certainly coming round to the idea.

I very much doubt Clement goes into clubs advocating 'boring, negative' football. After all, it's not like the Chelsea, Madrid, and Munich teams he coached played that way.

It should also be noted that his only real 'failure' as a manager has been 3 months at a Swansea team that had lost their key player who they didn't come close to replacing.

He's a highly respected coach, who's worked with some of the best players in world football, has lots of contacts we can make use of, and I'm sure he'll be desperate to prove a point.

Personally I'd rather we'd gone for a younger manager from the lower leagues, but that in itself would have brought tons of risk given the position we are in, and now the decision has been made I'm more than happy to get behind him - which I think we all need to do.

100% this

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 23 Mar 2018 09:26

I know it's a forum for opinion but I've never such rubbish about how bad/in appropriate/poor the new, as to yet be appointed manager, is.

Frankly anyone who takes the RFC job at this point should be applauded. The whole club is a mess - so, you expecting Pep to become manager? Get real.

And if it is Paul Clement then great. FFS get behind him and the team. If not then a few seasons in League 1 will sober many of you up.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Mar 2018 09:27

royalp-we I'll be delighted if it is. I think people are underestimating what Clement has achieved for some of the world's biggest clubs, most importantly, coaching a similar playing style to our own.
#WelcomePaul

Exactly how much style coaching do the likes of Ronaldo need?
Not exactly champ plodders on a wet tuesday night in Burton is it....

I thought everyone pretty much agreed that good coaches =/= good managers

I am bored of possession football. Bored, bored, bored
If the style of play stays the same under the new manager the crowds are not exactly going to be flocking back and staying

// As i've said, i'll support him and wish him (and us) all the best. Can't help but feel nonplussed at the thought of more passing about at the back

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Mar 2018 09:32

paddy20 At both clubs seems to have done well at the start and then things went wrong.

Sounds exactly like what we need at the moment. Just give him a contract until the end of the season and decide then what to do long term.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 23 Mar 2018 09:43

John Madejski's Wallet Exactly how much style coaching do the likes of Ronaldo need?
Not exactly champ plodders on a wet tuesday night in Burton is it....

I thought everyone pretty much agreed that good coaches =/= good managers

I am bored of possession football. Bored, bored, bored
If the style of play stays the same under the new manager the crowds are not exactly going to be flocking back and staying

// As i've said, i'll support him and wish him (and us) all the best. Can't help but feel nonplussed at the thought of more passing about at the back

Yep, my thoughts as well.

Encouraged by the positive and immediate impact he made at Derby and Swansea, just hope we don't give him a super long contract. Let's get to the end of the season, give him a big bonus if he can keep us up and properly evaluate things in the summer.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Mar 2018 09:44

loyalroyal4life
royalp-we I'm not your 'mate'. I'm not your 'pal'. I'm no longer engaging any response at you.

Do you know how to add his name to the ignore list? It is on my to do list today

Read my post from earlier.