CONFIMRED - Paul Clement appointed as new Royals boss

173 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - Paul Clement appointed as new Royals boss

by Denver Royal » 26 Mar 2018 12:03

Snowflake Royal I'm tired of the toxic negative atmosphere Denverx. I'm a fanof support.

Fair enough. :)

I am too, tbh. He may divide opinion. Many do. Some say he will tighten the defense. I'll be impressed if he does, since I'm not convinced there is the talent back there currently to do it. It doesn't strike me as a Champ-type defense. We've had one 1-0 win all season. Summer window may help. I'm actually a fan of 20 shutout's a season as a target, inc. a dozen or so rather boring 1-0 wins. Some wouldn't be, which affords discussion, toxic or otherwise. But, I hear what you say. Certainly need to get behind him at this point. No reason not to.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Mar 2018 12:10

Denver Royal
Snowflake Royal I'm tired of the toxic negative atmosphere Denverx. I'm a fanof support.

I am too, tbh. He may divide opinion. Many do. Some say he will tighten the defense. I'll be impressed if he does, since I'm not convinced there is the talent back there currently to do it. It doesn't strike me as a Champ-type defense. We've had one 1-0 win all season. Summer window may help. I'm actually a fan of 20 shutout's a season as a target, inc. a dozen or so rather boring 1-0 wins. Some wouldn't be, which affords discussion, toxic or otherwise. But, I hear what you say. Certainly need to get behind him at this point. No reason not to.

Wow...........

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Mar 2018 13:29

Old Man Andrews
Denver Royal

Wow...........

Shutouts is one thing. But having 20, seems like an awful lot for a target. The 05/06 team had 23 clean sheets, for comparison.

I think 15 would be a reasonable target for an average season. Anything 20+ and you're looking at a serious promotion challenge.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Mar 2018 14:24

Has the club sorted out who'll be joining Paul Clement yet? I presume Gibbsy will be back but who else got the push from Swansea (or Derby) when Clement left?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 Mar 2018 14:29

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Denver Royal Fair enough. :)

Wow...........

Shutouts is one thing. But having 20, seems like an awful lot for a target. The 05/06 team had 23 clean sheets, for comparison.

I think 15 would be a reasonable target for an average season. Anything 20+ and you're looking at a serious promotion challenge.

Yep, its a big ask, no doubt. Warnock set a target of 16 this season...which they achieved a month ago, and there are still eight games left. Safe to say, they are challenging for promotion.

https://extra.bet365.com/news/en/Footba ... lean-sheet

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 26 Mar 2018 16:51

Sutekh Has the club sorted out who'll be joining Paul Clement yet? I presume Gibbsy will be back but who else got the push from Swansea (or Derby) when Clement left?

Nothing sorted as far as I can see.You would have thought this would have been sorted by now.

Biscuitman62

by Biscuitman62 » 26 Mar 2018 20:36

NeilD
Biscuitman62 Relieved that Jaap Stam has finally been put out of his misery. Sad but it had to happen (3 months ago IMO).

Agreed but at least he has the International break to get his staff appointed/set up and a chance to look at some of his players rather than a mid-week appointment with a weekend game to panic over.

Just hope the time taken to wield the axe does not prove costly to the extent of us losing our place in the Championship.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Mar 2018 23:47

Biscuitman62
NeilD
Biscuitman62 Relieved that Jaap Stam has finally been put out of his misery. Sad but it had to happen (3 months ago IMO).

Agreed but at least he has the International break to get his staff appointed/set up and a chance to look at some of his players rather than a mid-week appointment with a weekend game to panic over.

Just hope the time taken to wield the axe does not prove costly to the extent of us losing our place in the Championship.

That would be less than ideal.

Biscuitman62

by Biscuitman62 » 28 Mar 2018 20:04

leon
Biscuitman62
NeilD

That would be less than ideal.

Absolutely. After all the time and effort to get back into this division all those years ago under the ownership of John Madejski. Here's hoping no such fate awaits us. However should worst come to the worst it would be ironic in the sense that Madejski has at most a little influence in Club matters.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Apr 2018 17:04

Absolutely bloody typical that only a few weeks after we hire Clement that someone of the calibre of Keith Curle then becomes available. Well we've missed the boat this time but hopefully when we are next in a position like this the board do the right thing. Fuming!

double d

by double d » 26 Apr 2018 17:05

John Smith Absolutely bloody typical that only a few weeks after we hire Clement that someone of the calibre of Keith Curle then becomes available. Well we've missed the boat this time but hopefully when we are next in a position like this the board do the right thing. Fuming!

You are a very good troll. One of the best. Up there with me and Hiram.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Apr 2018 12:58

double d
John Smith Absolutely bloody typical that only a few weeks after we hire Clement that someone of the calibre of Keith Curle then becomes available. Well we've missed the boat this time but hopefully when we are next in a position like this the board do the right thing. Fuming!

You're not a good troll. You're just special...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Apr 2018 14:14

double d

that's a double oof on both of you.

173 posts