MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h) sponsored by the season starts here

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h) sponsored by the season starts here

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Mar 2018 20:26

It's mad how those players couldn't show that much desire when Stam was here, considering how much they all appeared to like him. All of them putting their bodies on the line today. Moore made some unbelievable blocks. Thought it was probably Ilori's best game for us. And Edwards was everywhere, especially in the first half.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 30 Mar 2018 20:28

Snowflake Royal Phewee. What a finish. Tbh, that's about the best I thought we could hope for from Clement coming in and he delivered. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't convincing, we rode our luck and QPR did their best to help us out, but we did it.

Masses more fight and belief than under Stam recently. Not a great deal more quality, but oodles more purpose, tempo and intent. Still too many players switching off at turnovers and set plays, plenty of organisational and shape uncertainty, but that will improve with time. And what a confidence boost a win and clean sheet at home will be. Oh boy would a draw at Villa be wonderful!

Not a bad post but what is a turnover?

Anyway, the lines between defence and midfield a lot closer. Keeper going long as much a possible and the fullbacks not even asking for it which is nice. Combative if lacking composure but it was good to watch. You can see, going forward that our defence will be decent. The amount of last ditch blocks going in that we wanted this and they were organised.

Loved it.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 30 Mar 2018 20:29

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Ascotexgunner Was it Bacuna that ran up to Edwards and had words with him when the pen was conceded? Looked like he was gonna punch his lights out.

Yes it was and I wouldnt blame him either.

Couldn't tell from where we were, was it that blatant a pen? Thought Edwards was our best player other than that.

Edwards in general is a massive minge however did ok today. For the pen, the lad went down about three steps after the contact.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Mar 2018 20:39

Awayawayaway
Snowflake Royal Phewee. What a finish. Tbh, that's about the best I thought we could hope for from Clement coming in and he delivered. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't convincing, we rode our luck and QPR did their best to help us out, but we did it.

Masses more fight and belief than under Stam recently. Not a great deal more quality, but oodles more purpose, tempo and intent. Still too many players switching off at turnovers and set plays, plenty of organisational and shape uncertainty, but that will improve with time. And what a confidence boost a win and clean sheet at home will be. Oh boy would a draw at Villa be wonderful!

Anyway, the lines between defence and midfield a lot closer. Keeper going long as much a possible and the fullbacks not even asking for it which is nice. Combative if lacking composure but it was good to watch. You can see, going forward that our defence will be decent. The amount of last ditch blocks going in that we wanted this and they were organised.

Loved it.

Turnover of possession. Common football parlance.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Mar 2018 20:41

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Ascotexgunner Was it Bacuna that ran up to Edwards and had words with him when the pen was conceded? Looked like he was gonna punch his lights out.

Yes it was and I wouldnt blame him either.

Couldn't tell from where we were, was it that blatant a pen? Thought Edwards was our best player other than that.

Looked blatant to me on the box. He was fine I guess up until then but Mannone (3 saves), Moore, Blackett, Aluko and Barrow were all better imo. Good games from all of them. Ilori too except for one very poor touch in the first half.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Mar 2018 20:51

Could see why QPR have been so good away from home recently, looked a very tidy side with some good players, no doubt under Stam we would have lost that. what we lacked in skill we made up for with passion, throwing bodies on the line time and again. for all their possession in our box Vito was rarely tested.
And and the lino in front of the east stand can seriously do one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Mar 2018 20:53

Didn't see the pen, was too busy abusing the ref for a) giving them a freekick for someone jumping into Barrow, and b) not stopping the game for Barrow lying flat with a potential (blatantly feigned) head injury.

He had an absolute shocker. For Kermo's first yellow gave a fk for literally nothing when we might have had one then booked Kermo for trying to tackle someone who'd been passed the ball from the unjust fk whilst behind his back.

Don't think the second was a yellow either, his momentum took him through a little late on a 50-50. Foul, no card. He let QPR get away with 4/5 cynical pulls to stop breaks yet tossed yellows at us like confetti.

What a cucking funt.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 30 Mar 2018 20:55

Snowflake Royal
Awayawayaway

Loved it.

Turnover of possession. Common football parlance.

Not really. More basketball.

We were struggling in 'overtime'

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Mar 2018 21:01

Really enjoyed the game despite being under the cosh for most of it. Defensively we were excellent - Mannone only had the one save before the penalty and there just seemed to be so much more fight about them. Obvs still plenty to improve on though

Aluko played right wing properly, and unsurprisingly best I’ve seen him play for us by a distance. Work rate f everyone was outstanding but they were clearly knackered by the end

Ref was dire - random yellow cards after not giving them for worse offenses in the first half. And shouldn’t have let QPR take the free kick with Barrow being down without being 100% certain he wasn’t injured, which he couldn’t have been

Nothing like a last minute pen save either. Excellent stuff.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Mar 2018 21:05

Hound
Ref was dire - random yellow cards after not giving them for worse offenses in the first half. And shouldn’t have let QPR take the free kick with Barrow being down without being 100% certain he wasn’t injured, which he couldn’t have been

On that I was very surprised the ref played on but was more surprised that we played to the whistle! I swear theres been a few times this season the guys have complained to the ref instead of playing the game so that was a welcome treat.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Mar 2018 21:21

Think the rules are pretty clear that you should stop play for a head injury. Was a free kick deep in their half, absolutely should have stopped them taking the free kick and added on extra time

But yeah we did alright with that until Edwards horror tackle

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Mar 2018 21:32

Enjoyed the little hospitality prize as well (1871 suite). My lad loved it, nice burger and view, and he got to meet and chat with Jordan Obita who seems a nice lad (and apparently doing well coming back). Didn’t seem massively upset about Stam leaving tbh, maybe just being professional. Certainly didnt disagree when the MC bloke said something had to change

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Mar 2018 08:59

I hereby remove all love for Mr Coote after yesterday's refereeing performance.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Mar 2018 16:24

Old Man Andrews I hereby remove all love for Mr Coote after yesterday's refereeing performance.

I should oxf*rd well hope so!