Arriving to games late

Elazarus
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: 05 Dec 2012 17:45

Re: Arriving to games late

by Elazarus » 03 Apr 2018 16:30

Arrived 20mins late to the game on Friday. At 4pm I decided I would take a nap. Woke up at 5.30pm, bang on kick off! Quite annoyed at missing that Aluko goal!

Hound
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7604
Joined: 27 Sep 2016 22:16
Location: Simpleton

Re: Arriving to games late

by Hound » 03 Apr 2018 17:57

Got in just as they kicked off in the PO semi at home last year. Quite annoyed as wanted to have half an hour at least to take in the atmosphere beforehand. Traffic down the A33 the issue

Did once go to Preston and only got in at ht courtesy of some shitty trains. that was a nightmare day

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20384
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Arriving to games late

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 09:52

CountryRoyal wrote:I arrive late quite a lot, even if it’s only by a few seconds/couple of minutes. I’m not one of these people that get to the ground really early and in their seats with like 45 minutes before kick off. Don’t see the point.


I'd be like this, except I get one of the suburb buses and they always get to the stadium around 2:10/15, so I have to figure out what to do for 45 minutes.

User avatar
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1534
Joined: 16 Aug 2013 20:26

Re: Arriving to games late

by tmesis » 08 Apr 2018 00:05

2 world wars, 1 world cup wrote:I once came to a game late.

I missed a couple of minutes of football.

I wrote to John Madejski to ask for a refund because they started the game without me, which is rude.


There's a clip online somewhere featuring a groundhopper turning up at a game at Bracknell dead on 3 pm, only to find the referee had started a couple of minutes early.

He goes mental, shouting at the referee about the his mistake, and how he needs to restart the game (I think the away team had already scored), and eventually the ref has to go over and tell him to shut up.

User avatar
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 22225
Joined: 06 Jul 2015 00:19
Location: JAPAN! fcuk you all.

Re: Arriving to games late

by Maneki Neko » 08 Apr 2018 09:39

Hendo wrote:On the flip side of leaving games early, have you ever arrived to a game late, just as Reading (or the oppo) are scoring? Other scintillating anecdotes accepted.

My uncle always goes on about a game in 93-94 season, Swansea away, coach broke down in the Bristol area, arrived to the game late and walked into the stadium just as Hartenberger equalised.
turned up 25 mins late after travelling back from Wales. All gates locked. Banged on door and some twat steward wouldn't let me in. Had to wait for half time and snuck in through smokers entrance


User avatar
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1031
Joined: 16 Mar 2005 12:01

Re: Arriving to games late

by 72 bus » 08 Apr 2018 11:48

genome wrote:
I'd be like this, except I get one of the suburb buses and they always get to the stadium around 2:10/15, so I have to figure out what to do for 45 minutes.


Drink

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5044
Joined: 16 Jul 2004 18:36
Location: A country made up of 51.9% f**king thick uneducated xenophobic jingoistic mongtards.

Re: Arriving to games late

by 2 world wars, 1 world cup » 22 Apr 2018 00:45

tmesis wrote:
2 world wars, 1 world cup wrote:I once came to a game late.

I missed a couple of minutes of football.

I wrote to John Madejski to ask for a refund because they started the game without me, which is rude.


There's a clip online somewhere featuring a groundhopper turning up at a game at Bracknell dead on 3 pm, only to find the referee had started a couple of minutes early.

He goes mental, shouting at the referee about the his mistake, and how he needs to restart the game (I think the away team had already scored), and eventually the ref has to go over and tell him to shut up.


Ha, brilliant.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7492
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Arriving to games late

by Sutekh » 22 Apr 2018 06:59

2 world wars, 1 world cup wrote:
tmesis wrote:
2 world wars, 1 world cup wrote:I once came to a game late.

I missed a couple of minutes of football.

I wrote to John Madejski to ask for a refund because they started the game without me, which is rude.


There's a clip online somewhere featuring a groundhopper turning up at a game at Bracknell dead on 3 pm, only to find the referee had started a couple of minutes early.

He goes mental, shouting at the referee about the his mistake, and how he needs to restart the game (I think the away team had already scored), and eventually the ref has to go over and tell him to shut up.


Ha, brilliant.


Anyone got a link ?

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7492
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Arriving to games late

by Sutekh » 22 Apr 2018 07:03

72 bus wrote:
genome wrote:
I'd be like this, except I get one of the suburb buses and they always get to the stadium around 2:10/15, so I have to figure out what to do for 45 minutes.


Drink


Image


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ascotroyal83, Google [Bot], Larry_Parnell and 67 guests

It is currently 15 Dec 2018 11:37