Arriving to games late

Elazarus

Re: Arriving to games late

by Elazarus » 03 Apr 2018 16:30

Arrived 20mins late to the game on Friday. At 4pm I decided I would take a nap. Woke up at 5.30pm, bang on kick off! Quite annoyed at missing that Aluko goal!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Apr 2018 17:57

Got in just as they kicked off in the PO semi at home last year. Quite annoyed as wanted to have half an hour at least to take in the atmosphere beforehand. Traffic down the A33 the issue

Did once go to Preston and only got in at ht courtesy of some shitty trains. that was a nightmare day

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Apr 2018 09:52

CountryRoyal I arrive late quite a lot, even if it’s only by a few seconds/couple of minutes. I’m not one of these people that get to the ground really early and in their seats with like 45 minutes before kick off. Don’t see the point.

I'd be like this, except I get one of the suburb buses and they always get to the stadium around 2:10/15, so I have to figure out what to do for 45 minutes.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 Apr 2018 00:05

2 world wars, 1 world cup I once came to a game late.

I missed a couple of minutes of football.

I wrote to John Madejski to ask for a refund because they started the game without me, which is rude.

There's a clip online somewhere featuring a groundhopper turning up at a game at Bracknell dead on 3 pm, only to find the referee had started a couple of minutes early.

He goes mental, shouting at the referee about the his mistake, and how he needs to restart the game (I think the away team had already scored), and eventually the ref has to go over and tell him to shut up.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Apr 2018 09:39

Hendo On the flip side of leaving games early, have you ever arrived to a game late, just as Reading (or the oppo) are scoring? Other scintillating anecdotes accepted.

My uncle always goes on about a game in 93-94 season, Swansea away, coach broke down in the Bristol area, arrived to the game late and walked into the stadium just as Hartenberger equalised.
turned up 25 mins late after travelling back from Wales. All gates locked. Banged on door and some twat steward wouldn't let me in. Had to wait for half time and snuck in through smokers entrance

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 08 Apr 2018 11:48

genome
I'd be like this, except I get one of the suburb buses and they always get to the stadium around 2:10/15, so I have to figure out what to do for 45 minutes.

Drink

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Apr 2018 00:45

tmesis

I wrote to John Madejski to ask for a refund because they started the game without me, which is rude.

There's a clip online somewhere featuring a groundhopper turning up at a game at Bracknell dead on 3 pm, only to find the referee had started a couple of minutes early.

He goes mental, shouting at the referee about the his mistake, and how he needs to restart the game (I think the away team had already scored), and eventually the ref has to go over and tell him to shut up.

Ha, brilliant.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Apr 2018 06:59

2 world wars, 1 world cup
tmesis

Ha, brilliant.

Anyone got a link ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Apr 2018 07:03

72 bus
genome

Drink