What is the point in Chris Martin?

billybraggsbeard

What is the point in Chris Martin?

by billybraggsbeard » 09 Apr 2018 11:13

I do remember laughing last season when Fulham, I think it was had him on loan and he caused problems there with his attitude. Well now it is us, he is being paid circa £25k a week and just couldn't care less, he doesn't challenge, run, jump, or compete
Please send him back, and promote Danny Loader to the bench at least he'll chase everything and win some balls plus he's got good pace which will be a bonus for the last quarter of games.
The Chris Martin i remember was a real handful, niggling at defenders and closing people down, although he was never blessed with pace, just cutting the angles down is good enough, what has happened to him?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What is the point in Chris Martin?

by Theroyalbox » 09 Apr 2018 11:32

probs doesn't motivate him too much that his manager shagged his bird lol

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Apr 2018 11:40

So frustrating to watch him play. I remember him being a total handful and letting our cbs know he was there and scoring goals just because he was in the right placew. I watch him now just going through the motions and making half hearted runs.
Genuinely thought he would be a great addition, circumstances have made it difficult as he come into a team that was playing poor and he is purely judged on goals and opportunities. I was clearly wrong.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 09 Apr 2018 11:57

EXACTLY..... I was meaning to pose the same question on the BFTG thread !

It's like playing with 10 men..... assuming we have 11 on the pitch of course :wink:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 09 Apr 2018 12:37

So are we in agreement that I was right all along then?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Apr 2018 12:48

We did get Chris Martin the player and not Chris Martin of Coldplay didn’t we?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Apr 2018 13:14

The Coldplay one would look in better shape tbf

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Apr 2018 13:19

Norfolk Royal So are we in agreement that I was right all along then?

I will admit that so far he has been a massive disappointment - wouldn't really care about his attitude if he was scoring.........and rightly Bod should be in front of him in the pecking order. However he may have a point to prove against Fulham so might actually put a shift in if he is given some minutes or get sent off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Apr 2018 13:22

Martin looks exactly what he is. A loanee in the twighlight of his career, that no one is willing to pay hard cash for permanently, who is going through the motions half-heartedly to pick up his wages.

It was noticeable before Stam left. Now Clement is here and everyone else is busting a gut it stands out like a highvis vest at a goth convention.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 09 Apr 2018 14:20

At least Kermie gets stuck in, even useful in defence. Martin can leave now in the same car as Edwards

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Apr 2018 14:30

Snowflake Royal Martin looks exactly what he is. A loanee in the twighlight of his career, that no one is willing to pay hard cash for permanently, who is going through the motions half-heartedly to pick up his wages.

It was noticeable before Stam left. Now Clement is here and everyone else is busting a gut it stands out like a highvis vest at a goth convention.

+1

Solid analogy as well.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Apr 2018 14:39

Silver Fox The Coldplay one would look in better shape tbf
and if he starts singing he'll be more of an irritation to the opposition centre backs.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 09 Apr 2018 15:02

Reminds me of how useless Billy Sharpe was on loan with us ... but has been really good with Sheffield United last 2 seasons. BS also looked fat and slow.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Apr 2018 15:05

No player goes onto the pitch not wanting to play well. He’s joined a badly struggling team, seen a management change, knows he won’t be here next season and has been out, supposedly, ill for 3 weeks. And on top of that just hasn’t had a run in the team to enable him to build up an understanding. However as long as he’s wearing the shirt I shall support and encourage him to make a difference.

Also think Billy Sharp actually did ok for Reading...

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 09 Apr 2018 17:59

Sutekh No player goes onto the pitch not wanting to play well. He’s joined a badly struggling team, seen a management change, knows he won’t be here next season and has been out, supposedly, ill for 3 weeks. And on top of that just hasn’t had a run in the team to enable him to build up an understanding. However as long as he’s wearing the shirt I shall support and encourage him to make a difference.

In which case, your opinion is null and void.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Apr 2018 18:34

He is slow, lazy and doesn’t care. As bad a centre forward I have seen at the club in a long time.

Berry

by Berry » 09 Apr 2018 18:38

I was at the Derby v Bolton game at the weekend, sat with Derby supporters, they told me stories of the Clement shagging his missus story and that Reading can keep him, he has no future anywhere it seems.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Apr 2018 18:48

You could say that of many signings in recent years.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Apr 2018 19:23

Sutekh No player goes onto the pitch not wanting to play well. He’s joined a badly struggling team, seen a management change, knows he won’t be here next season and has been out, supposedly, ill for 3 weeks. And on top of that just hasn’t had a run in the team to enable him to build up an understanding. However as long as he’s wearing the shirt I shall support and encourage him to make a difference.

I don't think anyone has said he's not trying to play well. And I have some sympathy in that I wouldn't expect a player of his previous calibre to be too happy about coming to play in a relegation threatened side and get piss all service. Especially when he knows he won't be here next season and what he does here will have very little affect on his future.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Apr 2018 19:35

Berry I was at the Derby v Bolton game at the weekend, sat with Derby supporters, they told me stories of the Clement shagging his missus story and that Reading can keep him, he has no future anywhere it seems.

Ive got friends who are Derby sth and they all say that shagging Martin's wife was the reason Clement got sacked and they are all praying we buy him.