MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (h) sponsored by more than 1 shot on target please boys

130 posts
3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (h) sponsored by more than 1 shot on target please boys

by 3points » 14 Apr 2018 17:11

Edwards was really poor today.

Swift pretty decent

Barrow - been said before but really lacks an end product. Must have been three occasions in he last 15 minutes when all he had to do was pick a decent pass to an unmarked player

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sunderland (h) sponsored by more than 1 shot on target please boys

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Apr 2018 17:20

marlowuk And we had 6 shots on target!

Please don't quote him. We went through this with Dave_Royal. Just don't quote him so the rest of us who have him blocked don't have to put up with him trolling every post.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Apr 2018 17:23

3points Edwards was really poor today.

Swift pretty decent

Barrow - been said before but really lacks an end product. Must have been three occasions in he last 15 minutes when all he had to do was pick a decent pass to an unmarked player

Greed on the first 2 points but as usual your 3rd is a little lacking. Barrow fluffed the header at the far post due to the sun so I cant hold that against him but his crosses (particularly the one after the quick free kick by Swift to Blackett) were the right choices but our players in the box showed a complete lack of anticipation basically running in tandem. Spread out boys.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Apr 2018 17:24

Probably just about a fair result in the end. If we can nick a win at Hillsborough next week then we will be pretty much safe

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Apr 2018 17:26

NewCorkSeth

Swift pretty decent

Greed on the first 2 points but as usual your 3rd is a little lacking. Barrow fluffed the header at the far post due to the sun so I cant hold that against him but his crosses (particularly the one after the quick free kick by Swift to Blackett) were the right choices but our players in the box showed a complete lack of anticipation basically running in tandem. Spread out boys.

That's not the first time you've said that is it?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Apr 2018 17:27

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth

Swift pretty decent

That's not the first time you've said that is it?

:wink:
Caught me.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 14 Apr 2018 17:27

NewCorkSeth

Swift pretty decent

The one to Swift made Swift stop his run and was effectively behind him. The later one he pulled it back behind the oncoming bodvarsson and kermogant. For me the man on the ball has to pick the pass when he’s got that much time.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Apr 2018 17:29

3points
NewCorkSeth

Swift pretty decent

The one to Swift made Swift stop his run and was effectively behind him. The later one he pulled it back behind the oncoming bodvarsson and kermogant. For me the man on the ball has to pick the pass when he’s got that much time.

The second one is the one I think he played a better ball for. Both Kermie and JDB were running too close together, on the same latitude (if that makes sense) one should have had the sense to hold their run so that one defender could mark a cross for both of them.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 14 Apr 2018 17:34

3points

He was shocking. Gave away countless .... fouls all game.

12 of our 14 fouls listed on the BBC site were attributed to specific players and only 1 was attributed to Dave Edwards. I'm not saying he had a good game though!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Apr 2018 19:09

Well, it was only a point, at least we were entertained.
Both sides were poor and Sunderland would have been out of sight at half time with the chances they scuffed. But when it looked like only one side was gonna win it (and it wasn't us) I was happy to take a point at the end.

130 posts