BFTG Sunderland

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Sunderland

by Hound » 14 Apr 2018 19:44

Disappointed I missed this as looked an entertaining match

The point is useful if not what I was wanting or expecting. Sunderland tbf are in the position where all they can do is just for it, and obv made it difficult for us

Need wolves to keep their motivation and beat Brum. If they do I think we’ll stay up - we should get another point or 2 from the next 2 games which should do it

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Apr 2018 19:46

Lose next week and Ipswich will be massive.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 14 Apr 2018 19:50

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
Clement 6 not a midfield combination to try again, please. Crying out for a defensive midfielder from about 10 mins in.

Not as if he has any options to choose from. Without Bacuna there's a big hole. No sign of Evans today either. Sometimes I wonder if Blackett would make a defensive midfielder.

Swift looked as if he's on the way back to match fitness.

Joey van den Berg are the words you're looking for.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2018 19:57

windermereROYAL Lose next week and Ipswich will be massive.

Depends how the other teams do. Are Barnsley playing Forest in the next 2 weeks?

JR

by JR » 14 Apr 2018 19:58

Zip
JR I absolutely bloody loved that last 10-15 minutes - brilliant entertainment!

Breathless end to end stuff - that’s the most I’ve felt a Reading game in a long time.

Gunter, the legend, put in a wonderful cross on his wrong foot to set up the equaliser.

Barrow, our deserved player of the season, then showed us on numerous occasions why he is frustrated so many previous clubs with his final ball/effort.

In the meantime Sunderland came close on a several occasions to grabbing what could have been a deserved winner.

It was breathless and wonderful to the watch. At the end all 22 players just collapsed not knowing what to do - and I think the fans were a bit confused as well (whether to boo or applause).

Yes, we were pretty rubbish, but I loved it - a well overdue return to enjoying exciting matches at the
Madejski.

We are comfortably safe now - so let’s give Clement time and a pre-season to mould his team. He’s taken on a chronically unfit team lacking in confidence and taken 7 points out of 9 at home.

Well done that man!

How on earth are we comfortably safe?

There is absolutely no chance that Bolton AND Birmingham will both get 4 points from their last 3 games AND Barnsley will get 5 points from their last 4.

The players could go to the beach for the next 3 winnable games and we would be fine.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Apr 2018 19:58

yes, simple mathematics :roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Apr 2018 20:01

Hound

Depends how the other teams do. Are Barnsley playing Forest in the next 2 weeks?

Nottingham Forest v Barnsley is at 7.45pm on Tuesday 24th April (10 days time)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2018 20:06

JR
Zip

Breathless end to end stuff - that’s the most I’ve felt a Reading game in a long time.

Gunter, the legend, put in a wonderful cross on his wrong foot to set up the equaliser.

Barrow, our deserved player of the season, then showed us on numerous occasions why he is frustrated so many previous clubs with his final ball/effort.

In the meantime Sunderland came close on a several occasions to grabbing what could have been a deserved winner.

It was breathless and wonderful to the watch. At the end all 22 players just collapsed not knowing what to do - and I think the fans were a bit confused as well (whether to boo or applause).

Yes, we were pretty rubbish, but I loved it - a well overdue return to enjoying exciting matches at the
Madejski.

We are comfortably safe now - so let’s give Clement time and a pre-season to mould his team. He’s taken on a chronically unfit team lacking in confidence and taken 7 points out of 9 at home.

Well done that man!

There is absolutely no chance that Bolton AND Birmingham will both get 4 points from their last 3 games AND Barnsley will get 5 points from their last 4.

The players could go to the beach for the next 3 winnable games and we would be fine.

Brum still have 4 games. But the point, and kind of agree - think we prob need one more point to be safe personally

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 Apr 2018 20:17

Most entertaining afternoon at the Madejski for some time imo.

Thought we did enough to win it. Did enough to lose it.

Moore was my MOTM. Edwards was SH!T imo. I'm singling him out as I don't think he brought anything to that game. Could have played it with 10 and not noticed.

I do think we miss the old Ying & Yang in our structure. Most teams go for a strength player and a ball player in a partnership. At times we had

Moore & Ilori
Swift & Kelly
Bod & Yann

All fairly similar in their styles.

I know Kelly plays deeper than Swift and they are only young. But I think much of our problems this year has been because our core has been weak.

A point a Hillsborough an i thunk we are safe. Looking forward to seeing how Clement restructures this group over the summer.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Apr 2018 20:20

Hound

Tuesday week.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Apr 2018 20:32

WAZZOCK
Lower West
Snowflake Royal
Clement 6 not a midfield combination to try again, please. Crying out for a defensive midfielder from about 10 mins in.

Not as if he has any options to choose from. Without Bacuna there's a big hole. No sign of Evans today either. Sometimes I wonder if Blackett would make a defensive midfielder.

Swift looked as if he's on the way back to match fitness.

Joey van den Berg are the words you're looking for.

Nope. He'll be gone in the summer clear out.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Apr 2018 21:33

JR
Zip

Madejski.

Well done that man!

Birmingham: Wolves (a), Sheff Utd (h), QPR (a), Fulham (h)

Bolton: Wolves (h), Burton (a), Forest (h)

Barnsley: Leeds (a), Forest (a), Brentford (h), Derby (a)

Each of those three could reach those points targets without it being a surprise. All three hitting those targets is less likely, but definitely could happen without it being a major shock.

I'd be surprised if Bolton get fewer than four points, given their final two games. Birmingham certainly could, and that final game v Fulham might be easier if 2nd place is settled by then.

Barnsley have it all to do, but if we lose to Ipswich then we'll be going into the final day hoping for results elsewhere to go our way, as we are very unlikely to get anything a Cardiff.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Apr 2018 22:03

tmesis
JR
Zip

Birmingham: Wolves (a), Sheff Utd (h), QPR (a), Fulham (h)

Bolton: Wolves (h), Burton (a), Forest (h)

Barnsley: Leeds (a), Forest (a), Brentford (h), Derby (a)

Each of those three could reach those points targets without it being a surprise. All three hitting those targets is less likely, but definitely could happen without it being a major shock.

I'd be surprised if Bolton get fewer than four points, given their final two games. Birmingham certainly could, and that final game v Fulham might be easier if 2nd place is settled by then.

Barnsley have it all to do, but if we lose to Ipswich then we'll be going into the final day hoping for results elsewhere to go our way, as we are very unlikely to get anything a Cardiff.

Yep we are far from safe. I think we are a couple of points short of what we need.

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 14 Apr 2018 22:14

Christ almighty what planet are you on ?
It’s not likely but it’s still possible.
Whilst it’s possible don’t be dismissive.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 14 Apr 2018 23:28

First game in a while - really enjoyed it. A proper football match and a great atmosphere. Credit to the south stand guys for improving things on that front but I would say it was mostly down to the crazy end to the game - both teams having several chances to win. Absolute rollercoaster.

Credit to Moore, Swift, and Jon Dadi

Edwards and Aluko are very poor players and I would like us to be shot of them come August.

What's the story on George Evans? Thought he was fantastic at times last season but seems to be frozen out under two managers now.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Apr 2018 23:29

tmesis Barnsley have it all to do, but if we lose to Ipswich then we'll be going into the final day hoping for results elsewhere to go our way, as we are very unlikely to get anything a Cardiff.

At least we'll have a fully fit Bacuna available for the game.

JR

by JR » 14 Apr 2018 23:50

Emeraldroyal Christ almighty what planet are you on ?

We are 40/1 to go down with the bookies - they are not stupid.

If we were talking about one team needing to win 2 out of 3 to catch us then fine to panic mildly - but not 3 teams who have been poor all season.

We’ve got a great run in and while we won’t need it, I fancy a shock victory last day at Cardiff.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Apr 2018 23:55

JR
Zip

Madejski.

Well done that man!

Absolutely no chance Burton will beat Derby....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Apr 2018 23:56

JR
Emeraldroyal Christ almighty what planet are you on ?

We are 40/1 to go down with the bookies - they are not stupid.

If we were talking about one team needing to win 2 out of 3 to catch us then fine to panic mildly - but not 3 teams who have been poor all season.

We’ve got a great run in and while we won’t need it, I fancy a shock victory last day at Cardiff.

They don’t need two wins to catch us. If we lose our remaining games a win and a draw will be enough for Brum and Bolton. For Barnsley two wins out of four would be enough.

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 15 Apr 2018 00:25

Possible controversial opinion - I enjoyed the return of a drummer in the north-east corner.

Was a pretty poor performance overall, though 80 mins onwards was pretty good entertainment. Sunderland should have had two in the first half, Moore's clearance off the line was top class.

Edwards, Aluko, Richards, Gunter, Kelly all struggled today. Biggest problem seems to be the midfield, it's so lightweight yet also isn't blessed with amazing creative talent. Any time it goes central, we just seem to lose it. Needs sorting over the Summer.

Thought Bod played well and was just let down by the final ball from Barrow/Aluko (though also guilty of misplacing his final pass on a few occasions).

Sunderland looked far better than Preston on that performance.