Building for next season

478 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Building for next season

by windermereROYAL » 17 Apr 2018 00:33

The Prisoner Can we have Adrian Popa back please?!

Is he gone, or out on loan?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Apr 2018 01:14

windermereROYAL
The Prisoner Can we have Adrian Popa back please?!

Is he gone, or out on loan?

On loan to a Saudi club.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Apr 2018 06:47

royalp-we With Meite and Novakovich coming back (hopefully) we will have ready made replacements for Mcleary and Mendes who will both be off.

Harriott may also be able to prove good as a back up for Barrow, who must be shattered tbh.

I don't see the club offloading Edwards or Evans or Kelly. But I can see Joey leaving. So a combative CM is top of the list.

Can't wait to get Obita back. We have missed him more than we realise.

I can't see any of last year's arrivals like Bacuna, Aluko or Barrow leaving. Which is good.

Liam Moore may the one that leaves, although we won't get what he is worth. He's been part of a piss poor backline afterall.

I remember West Ham and Stoke were linked with £10m bids. I can see us accepting £6-7m for him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Apr 2018 07:21

Yeah forgot about Popa and Meite. Would bring them both back and see how they get on

Obv missed Obita a lot, but the lads had a pretty terrible year starting with the penalty miss. Reckon it will take him a while to get back up to speed mentally and physically

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Apr 2018 08:02

How do you no moore going. ?
he not going no way at moment . He Staying At Reading .

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Apr 2018 08:02

Royal_jimmy
royalp-we With Meite and Novakovich coming back (hopefully) we will have ready made replacements for Mcleary and Mendes who will both be off.

Harriott may also be able to prove good as a back up for Barrow, who must be shattered tbh.

I don't see the club offloading Edwards or Evans or Kelly. But I can see Joey leaving. So a combative CM is top of the list.

Can't wait to get Obita back. We have missed him more than we realise.

I can't see any of last year's arrivals like Bacuna, Aluko or Barrow leaving. Which is good.

Liam Moore may the one that leaves, although we won't get what he is worth. He's been part of a piss poor backline afterall.

I remember West Ham and Stoke were linked with £10m bids. I can see us accepting £6-7m for him.

Moore won’t be sold !!

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Apr 2018 08:04

Zip I think Moore will go. I can’t see there being much interest in Kelly. There may be interest in Barrow. Beyond that I can’t see any other player catching the eye of other teams.

Barrow Kelly Moore Not going no we’re Staying at reading .
Clement won’t sell them still under contract .

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Apr 2018 08:11

Old Man Andrews We are never in a million years keeping Liam Moore, we just need to resign ourselves to that fact now. He deserves to be in the Premier League, he's good enough.

Really hope we can get rid of Edwards, Aluko, Evans and Van Den Berg. Not sure who will bother coming in for that deadwood though.

Old Man Andrew you don’t no that
do you ? and your not the Manager are you . your just no nothing about football
Van berg Aluko Evans edwards
it not Deadwood all those player are good

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Apr 2018 08:17

NewCorkSeth Mannone - Keep
Jaakola - Sell or Release
Southwood - Promote

Gunter - Keep
Watson - Keep

Moore - Keep
Ilori - Keep
Blackett - Keep
McShane - Keep

Obita - Keep
Richards - Keep

Bacuna - Keep
Kelly - Keep
Evans - Keep
Edwards - SoR
JVDB - SoR

Aluko - Keep (who would buy him?)
McCleary - Keep

Swift - Keep
Clement - Keep

Barrow - Keep

Bodvarson - Keep
Kermorgant - Keep (experienced I guess)
Smith - Keep or Loan
Novackovich - Promote
Loader - Promote

Anyone I haven't listed I have either forgotten, should be released or is in the youth team and I don't know enough about them.

I reckon CM and maybe AMR should be our priority signings provided nobody I want to leave leaves.

Starting team:
---------------Mannone
Gunter--Moore--Ilori--Obita
-------------Kelly---Bacuna
-----------------Swift
New Signing-----------Barrow
-------------Bodvarson

you don’t no about the team for next season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Apr 2018 08:26

Normally I'm dead against mass clear outs and big turnover in signings. And I still think they're a bad idea. They ruin your preseason and mean you start slowly with a team that doesn't know each other or how they're playing.

But I think our squad is in the worst shape it's been in decades.

You look at our best players this season.
Moore - likely to go
Barrow - couldn't help a full back to save his life, sulky and goes missing a lot
Bodvarsson - hard worker but never going to score a lot
Gunter - perennial underachiever who gets a nose bleed if he even thinks about crossing halfway on the ball and gives his man acres every single time
Mannone - solidly stolid and no more

Then you've got the ones who should be good
Bacuna - renowned for a poor attitude and stupid enough to dive in two footed in 90 minute from behind on the half way line with no danger
Ilori and Blackett - flash and inconsistent, lacking in judgement
Swift - hamstrings made of cheese straws, over fancy powderpuff luxury
Aluko - a winger who thinks he's a midfielder, has no end product and throws a tantrum when he's tackled before sulking

I could go on. I don't even know where to begin in sorting out this squad. We've got no back up wingers, half our fullbacks are made of glass and there's no clue if they'll be ready to play a season. We've been light up front for about four or five years. Midfield doesn't gel in any form, who knows what shape we should use given the shambles of the squad and the glue that holds our defence barely together is surely going to go.

oxf*rd me it's depressing.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Apr 2018 09:08

Snowflake Royal Normally I'm dead against mass clear outs and big turnover in signings. And I still think they're a bad idea. They ruin your preseason and mean you start slowly with a team that doesn't know each other or how they're playing.

Moore - likely to go
Barrow - couldn't help a full back to save his life, sulky and goes missing a lot
Gunter - perennial underachiever who gets a nose bleed if he even thinks about crossing halfway on the ball and gives his man acres every single time

Bacuna - renowned for a poor attitude and stupid enough to dive in two footed in 90 minute from behind on the half way line with no danger
Aluko - a winger who thinks he's a midfielder, has no end product and throws a tantrum when he's tackled before sulking

I could go on. I don't even know where to begin in sorting out this squad. We've got no back up wingers, half our fullbacks are made of glass and there's no clue if they'll be ready to play a season. We've been light up front for about four or five years. Midfield doesn't gel in any form, who knows what shape we should use given the shambles of the squad and the glue that holds our defence barely together is surely going to go.

Morre barrow kelly Swift still be here next season

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Apr 2018 09:11

North Royal Lad
Snowflake Royal Normally I'm dead against mass clear outs and big turnover in signings. And I still think they're a bad idea. They ruin your preseason and mean you start slowly with a team that doesn't know each other or how they're playing.

Moore - likely to go

Morre barrow kelly Swift still be here next season

Someone please ban this c*nt.

edit: And North Royal Lad :D :D :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Apr 2018 09:24

Moore - likely to go

to be honest, we were in far worse shape the season Stam took over imo. You can flip most of that on its head, and say we have the makings of a very good CB pairing (if Moore stays), two experienced solid FBs with talented young back up, 3 good midfielders in Swift, Kelly and Bacuna, An excellent winger in Barrow, a solid CF in Bod, with a player coming back into the squad who has just scored 20 goals. A solid and experienced keeper.

its all about confidence really. We need a good CF and a good solid reliable dominating CM. Ship out as much of the deadwood as we can. Maybe a winger if Meite and Popa aren't deemed up to it, or McCleary is still crocked

I'm fairly optimistic about next year if we do stay up (off our own form, not losing the next 3 but Barnsley contriving to be worse for example)
Last edited by Hound on 17 Apr 2018 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Apr 2018 09:24

Of the SENIOR players as far as I'm concerned only Moore, Kelly, Swift, Barrow and possibly Bodvarsson are worth keeping, if all the others left it wouldn't bother me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Apr 2018 09:38

Sutekh Of the SENIOR players as far as I'm concerned only Moore, Kelly, Swift, Barrow and possibly Bodvarsson are worth keeping, if all the others left it wouldn't bother me.

I get this is a dramatic way to state other than these players our squad is lacking in true quality but we would be hard pressed to replace players like Obita, Ilori, Mannone without a huge investment.
We need to focus on key first team signings rather than a total rework of the squad.
Depending on who goes I think we just need 3 first team, starting line up signings. A winger to push Aluko to the bench, a centre mid to sure us up defensively and a striker to create a proper competition up front. Kermie is probably Done, Smith is too green and loans clearly don't work for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Apr 2018 09:44

NewCorkSeth
Sutekh Of the SENIOR players as far as I'm concerned only Moore, Kelly, Swift, Barrow and possibly Bodvarsson are worth keeping, if all the others left it wouldn't bother me.

I get this is a dramatic way to state other than these players our squad is lacking in true quality but we would be hard pressed to replace players like Obita, Ilori, Mannone without a huge investment.
We need to focus on key first team signings rather than a total rework of the squad.
Depending on who goes I think we just need 3 first team, starting line up signings. A winger to push Aluko to the bench, a centre mid to sure us up defensively and a striker to create a proper competition up front. Kermie is probably Done, Smith is too green and loans clearly don't work for us.

yeah exactly that. I kind of get the sentiment I wouldn't be especially upset to see anyone leave other than Moore, Barrow, Swift, Kelly, Obita or Bod, but that doesn't mean I'd want the majority of the others to go either

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Apr 2018 11:55

Hound
NewCorkSeth

yeah exactly that. I kind of get the sentiment I wouldn't be especially upset to see anyone leave other than Moore, Barrow, Swift, Kelly, Obita or Bod, but that doesn't mean I'd want the majority of the others to go either

It's easy to forget this squad is very capable in this league. Yes we over-achieved last season but this season we are most certainly under-achieving.
Barring a collective sale of Moore, Swift, Barrow, Kelly, Ilori, Gunter, Obita, Mannone and Bodvarson we have a strong and easy to build upon squad.
We are experienced at both ends of the table and should be able to attract the 2 or 3 first 11 signings that are nessecary to compete again.
If one or 2 of the above go we may struggle to bounce straight back into the top half. If 5 or more go we are doomed.
Small adjustments are what is needed.
- A strong and consistent CM capable of playing as a water carrier.
- A fast or natural goal scorer to give our striking options some balance
- A winger who can mirror Barrows positioning (while perhaps offering more in defense)
These 3 signings would completely change how teams set up against us. This season we have been restricted to one threat - Barrow. All teams have to do now is watch the counter down the left as our AMR fancies himself a deep lying playmaker.

double d

by double d » 17 Apr 2018 12:03

NewCorkSeth
Hound
NewCorkSeth I get this is a dramatic way to state other than these players our squad is lacking in true quality but we would be hard pressed to replace players like Obita, Ilori, Mannone without a huge investment.

It's easy to forget this squad is very capable in this league. Yes we over-achieved last season but this season we are most certainly under-achieving.
Barring a collective sale of Moore, Swift, Barrow, Kelly, Ilori, Gunter, Obita, Mannone and Bodvarson we have a strong and easy to build upon squad.
We are experienced at both ends of the table and should be able to attract the 2 or 3 first 11 signings that are nessecary to compete again.
If one or 2 of the above go we may struggle to bounce straight back into the top half. If 5 or more go we are doomed.
Small adjustments are what is needed.
- A strong and consistent CM capable of playing as a water carrier.
- A fast or natural goal scorer to give our striking options some balance
- A winger who can mirror Barrows positioning (while perhaps offering more in defense)
These 3 signings would completely change how teams set up against us. This season we have been restricted to one threat - Barrow. All teams have to do now is watch the counter down the left as our AMR fancies himself a deep lying playmaker.

Bradley dack
Jack marriot
Unsure

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Apr 2018 12:08

Dack is a good player but no water-carrier. Swift should already be capable of playing in a similar position to him.

We need a strong mobile defensively minded CM who can win the ball and get play moving quickly.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 17 Apr 2018 12:20

Hound Dack is a good player but no water-carrier. Swift should already be capable of playing in a similar position to him.

We need a strong mobile defensively minded CM who can win the ball and get play moving quickly.

we don’t have money to buy

478 posts