Saturday

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Saturday

by tee peg » 23 Apr 2018 17:32

Will there be a lap of appreciation on Saturday?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Apr 2018 18:01

We thought we would beat Sunderland and we thought we would get at least a draw at Wednesday. Neither happened; as the squad almost to a man;are either unmotivated (Aluko/Martin) , stupid (Kermit/Edwards/Bacuna/Blackett) or just plain useless (the rest bar perhaps Moore & Barrow).

Clement was perhaps the wrong choice as Manager (although I accept at the time there wasnt much choice). We needed someone to give them a kick up the backside and Clement just isnt the type.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Apr 2018 18:49

Sutekh
ITFC_Keane
Pepe the Horseman Thoughts on the game? Will your lot bother turning up?

You'll win. You always do against us. And we've got injuries (loads) and we're awaiting a decent manager for a change, but no-one's told the team, who have decamped to Butlins en masse with their trouser legs rolled up and knotted hankies on their heads......

Reading have a load of injuries and suspensions and we're waiting to see what sort of new manager we've got seeing as there's nothing Paul Clement can do due to having his hands tied by an dreadfully unbalanced and unfit squad a good few of whom are injured or suspended.

And lots of teams have turned up for games against Reading half asleep or not really been there and yet have still managed to show more flair and certainly attacking effort than Reading. There's even been games where the opponents keeper might as well have been sat in the stands for all work he's actually had to do.

That said at least there has been some signs of life in the home games since Stam went so it can only get better.

I don’t blame Clement for the mess he inherited. We certainly haven’t improved though. We showed more attacking intent against Leeds and Derby in the fag end weeks of Stam’s tenure than we have since Clement arrived. I hope we see some evidence of a positive approach on Saturday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Apr 2018 19:06

Westwood52 We thought we would beat Sunderland and we thought we would get at least a draw at Wednesday. Neither happened; as the squad almost to a man;are either unmotivated (Aluko/Martin) , stupid (Kermit/Edwards/Bacuna/Blackett) or just plain useless (the rest bar perhaps Moore & Barrow).

Clement was perhaps the wrong choice as Manager (although I accept at the time there wasnt much choice). We needed someone to give them a kick up the backside and Clement just isnt the type.

:|

We thought we'd lose to QPR and Preston apparently.

If you think that the solution was a kick up the backside, I don't think you've really thought through that solution or the problem very well.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Apr 2018 19:24

"why aren't you oxf*rd winning games? You're oxf*rd useless." ? Sure that would have got us far.

I think Clements done an ok job so fair. Bar this weekend, he has steadied the defence and if you're not conceding (stupid) goals you always give yourself a chance of nicking something, which we have done on 2 occasions.

We really could do with a point against Ipswich on Saturday and I'd fancy a Clement side to do that much more than a Stam side from this season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Apr 2018 08:14

tee peg Will there be a lap of appreciation on Saturday?

It will be a lap of depreciation to celebrate the value of the players going down this season.

NeilD

by NeilD » 24 Apr 2018 08:56

Couldn't the Captains just meet in the centre circle and flip a coin to decide the winner? Best of five, be more exciting.
Afterwards both teams meet in the pub to buy drinks for the low number of fans who turn up to watch.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Apr 2018 09:46

Zip
Sutekh
ITFC_Keane
You'll win. You always do against us. And we've got injuries (loads) and we're awaiting a decent manager for a change, but no-one's told the team, who have decamped to Butlins en masse with their trouser legs rolled up and knotted hankies on their heads......

Reading have a load of injuries and suspensions and we're waiting to see what sort of new manager we've got seeing as there's nothing Paul Clement can do due to having his hands tied by an dreadfully unbalanced and unfit squad a good few of whom are injured or suspended.

And lots of teams have turned up for games against Reading half asleep or not really been there and yet have still managed to show more flair and certainly attacking effort than Reading. There's even been games where the opponents keeper might as well have been sat in the stands for all work he's actually had to do.

That said at least there has been some signs of life in the home games since Stam went so it can only get better.

I don’t blame Clement for the mess he inherited. We certainly haven’t improved though. We showed more attacking intent against Leeds and Derby in the fag end weeks of Stam’s tenure than we have since Clement arrived. I hope we see some evidence of a positive approach on Saturday.

What a disgraceful set of posts. Disrespectful yet typical of a football fan.

What were you expecting from Clement? His job was to keep us up and he has. It's not his fault we're getting daft red cards that keep costing us games. Under Stam Fulham would have anhilated us - in the first 20 mins we were all over them. Have some respect and perspective you joker.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2018 14:25

Westwood52 We thought we would beat Sunderland and we thought we would get at least a draw at Wednesday. Neither happened; as the squad almost to a man;are either unmotivated (Aluko/Martin) , stupid (Kermit/Edwards/Bacuna/Blackett) or just plain useless (the rest bar perhaps Moore & Barrow).

Clement has successfully kept a club up in the PL and he has steadied the ship here. 7/18 is a decent return from the low base we had and 7/9 at home is dreamland compared to the results under Stam.

He has done a good job too date. It is about staying up and then looking at what can be done over the summer, hopefully we start next season with low expectations in this division rather than an expectation of an immediate promotion from L1.

We really should beat this Ipswich side at this stage of the season. Sunderland were in absolute last chance saloon and playing well away from home (if a little unlucky), Ipswich are on a 4 game losing streak on the road and have checked out for the year.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2018 18:23

John Smith
Zip
Sutekh

What were you expecting from Clement? His job was to keep us up and he has. It's not his fault we're getting daft red cards that keep costing us games. Under Stam Fulham would have anhilated us - in the first 20 mins we were all over them. Have some respect and perspective you joker.

I don't know how to phrase this politely, but I'll try.

1.16 points per game is objectively and clearly better than 0.95 points per game under Stam over the course of this season, and vastly better than the 0.50 points per game over Stam's last six matches. It is an objective fact that we are better under Clement.

1.5 goals a game conceded under Clement
2.5 goals a game conceded under Stam in his last six games

Yes, we are scoring fewer... but we've actually kept two clean sheets and concede far fewer.

Clement has addressed the major issue we had with fannying about at the back and conceding dangerous possession turnovers leading to goals. He's organised the defence better, yeah they're still making mistakes and we've still taken a couple of beatings, no one claimed he was a miracle worker.

If someone can't cope with these objective facts, well, if you can't say something nice, say nothing I s'pose.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 21:17

John Smith
Zip
Sutekh

Oh shut the oxf*rd up you stupid cock. If you bother to read what I have said I have no problem with Clement. He inherited an absolute shambles but our performances have remained poor. Yes we look like we will stay up so job done but we remain a poor side.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 21:20

Snowflake Royal
John Smith
Zip

1.16 points per game is objectively and clearly better than 0.95 points per game under Stam over the course of this season, and vastly better than the 0.50 points per game over Stam's last six matches. It is an objective fact that we are better under Clement.

Yes, we are scoring fewer... but we've actually kept two clean sheets and concede far fewer.

Clement has addressed the major issue we had with fannying about at the back and conceding dangerous possession turnovers leading to goals. He's organised the defence better, yeah they're still making mistakes and we've still taken a couple of beatings, no one claimed he was a miracle worker.

If someone can't cope with these objective facts, well, if you can't say something nice, say nothing I s'pose.

You can put it whichever way you want but in my opinion we have not improved in the last six matches.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Apr 2018 21:23

Zip
John Smith
Zip

Oh shut the oxf*rd up you stupid cock. If you bother to read what I have said I have no problem with Clement. He inherited an absolute shambles but our performances have remained poor. Yes we look like we will stay up so job done but we remain a poor side.

John Smith is basically a wind up bot created by the Russians to destroy the productivity of the UK.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 21:28

leon
Zip
John Smith What a disgraceful set of posts. Disrespectful yet typical of a football fan.

John Smith is basically a wind up bot created by the Russians to destroy the productivity of the UK.

Or put simply Leon he is just a twat

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Apr 2018 21:33

Zip
leon
Zip

Or put simply Leon he is just a twat

Well quite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2018 22:34

Zip
Snowflake Royal
John Smith What a disgraceful set of posts. Disrespectful yet typical of a football fan.

You can put it whichever way you want but in my opinion we have not improved in the last six matches.

Ok, well as long as we've established that you're ok with your opinion being objectively, demonstrably and measurably wrong, that's ok then.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 22:50

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal

Ok, well as long as we've established that you're ok with your opinion being objectively, demonstrably and measurably wrong, that's ok then.

Absolute bollocks. We were averaging about a point per game under Stam and this season the luck has not been on his side. Under Clement we have marginally improved our points ratio but were very fortunate to win against QPR and Preston. So you can stick your statistics up your arse. We are slightly better defensively but worse offensively. We have not improved.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2018 22:56

38 games 36 points under Stam, 6 games 7 points under Clements. SIX FCUKING GAMES??? are you for real??? :shock:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Apr 2018 22:59

windermereROYAL 38 games 36 points under Stam, 6 games 7 points under Clements. SIX FCUKING GAMES??? are you for real??? :shock:

I’m not sure what point you are making. As I have said I have no problem with Clement. However I do not believe there has been a bounce under him and we remain a poor side. If you think we have played well under Clement then bully for you.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2018 07:11

This season has been such an abortion, the only thing you can judge Clement on us whether he keeps us up or not.

Do that and let him get a feel for the squad over the 8 games, chalk it up to experience and start again next season. If we're still shit then, start asking questions and pointing fingers.