Anyone Nervous?

alfie9

Re: Anyone Nervous?

by alfie9 » 24 Apr 2018 05:58

Ask me again if Barnsley win their next two games and we lose to Ipswich

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Apr 2018 06:21

Bolton and Barnsley are so poor that we are 100% safe. Neither one of them will get two wins and the goal difference is heavily in our favour too.

North Royal Lad

by North Royal Lad » 24 Apr 2018 07:28

Old Man Andrews Bolton and Barnsley are so poor that we are 100% safe. Neither one of them will get two wins and the goal difference is heavily in our favour too.

How do you no that Old man Andrew ??Reading are crap too when we lost 3 games with clement and we was lucky to win 2 .and we are lucky to stay up , if we do.
how do you no ? Reading can still go down .
Bolton barnsley win the Remaining
games and reading lose 2
games we go down pal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Apr 2018 08:03

Denver Royal
genome
Denver Royal Even Barrow hasn't really done a huge amount since Clement arrived.

He has won us 3 out of the 7 points we’ve earned under Clement...

He did, if you look at it that way. Aluko did, too. And he is still trashed every week. So, maybe a rather narrow way of looking at it.

I guess my point was that Barrow...our player of the season...in terms of his overall play...hasn't exactly taken off and really thrived and flourished under Clement thus far.

And they knew each other, etc. Familiarity, which one would have thought, would be an advantage.

Maybe I was watching Barrow too closely, given their history. That's just my opinion, based on what I've seen on the field. Its all about opinions, and if you've seen different out there, that's fine.

Every decent new manager taking over a team in relegation trouble will prioritise cutting down on silly mistakes and improving defensive organisation and workrate. That's exactly what Clement has done.

Clement has 1.16 points per game in his six.
Stam had 0.7 in his last ten, which include the only win he managed in 18 games!

So far, Clement has done exactly what he needed to do. If his two wins had come against Sunderland and Wednesday rather than Preston and QPR, everyone would be delighted right now.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 24 Apr 2018 08:38

Only around women. :lol:

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 24 Apr 2018 08:38

Only around women. :lol:

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 24 Apr 2018 08:52

If vito hadn't saved that peno vs QPR I would've been a damn site more nervous

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Apr 2018 09:13

Denver Royal
genome
Denver Royal Even Barrow hasn't really done a huge amount since Clement arrived.

He has won us 3 out of the 7 points we’ve earned under Clement...

He did, if you look at it that way. Aluko did, too. And he is still trashed every week. So, maybe a rather narrow way of looking at it.

I guess my point was that Barrow...our player of the season...in terms of his overall play...hasn't exactly taken off and really thrived and flourished under Clement thus far.

And they knew each other, etc. Familiarity, which one would have thought, would be an advantage.

Maybe I was watching Barrow too closely, given their history. That's just my opinion, based on what I've seen on the field. Its all about opinions, and if you've seen different out there, that's fine.

He's not been much different than to under Stam. Typical good winger for this level, he will pop up with a goal and assist, but not consistently. That's basically how he's been all season. He's had runs where he does nothing stat-wise for a good 4 or 5 games.

When that's the player you're relying on for goals most of the time, you'll notice it when they go missing much more.

massifheed

by massifheed » 24 Apr 2018 09:29

Theroyalbox If vito hadn't saved that peno vs QPR I would've been a damn site more nervous

It had a very definite 'end of season defining moment' about it, didn't it?

As far as Saturday goes, given the short amount of time I've been going to matches and what I've witnessed in that time, I'm going to say that we'll be 1-0 down until about the 80th minute, when someone will poke in a clumsy equaliser, and we'll desperately hang on for the draw.

Other's will have more confidence, I'm sure.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Apr 2018 10:15

AthleticoSpizz Lol, we will lose to Dipswich, win against Caerdydd....that’s how we roll

Isn’t it?

I wouldn't put it past us, tbh.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Apr 2018 10:57

Saturday is our play off to stay in the championship. Simple as that. Win that and we are safe barring some absolutely freakish results.

Get behind the boys, create an atmosphere, do our bit, thank Paul Clement and let the rebuild commence.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2018 10:58

paultheroyal Saturday is our play off to stay in the championship. Simple as that. Win that and we are safe barring some absolutely freakish results.

Get behind the boys, create an atmosphere, do our bit, thank Paul Clement and let the rebuild commence.

Now why have you done that. You know what our record is like in play-off games.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Apr 2018 11:20

Stranded
paultheroyal Saturday is our play off to stay in the championship. Simple as that. Win that and we are safe barring some absolutely freakish results.

As it isn't the last game of the season, treat it as a Play-Off Semi Final, which we don't have too bad of a record in. :wink:

Only failed to get through once? (Burnley)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2018 11:23

Old Man Andrews Bolton and Barnsley are so poor that we are 100% safe. Neither one of them will get two wins and the goal difference is heavily in our favour too.

We have a 2 goal better GD than Barnsley.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Apr 2018 11:24

Hendo
Stranded

As it isn't the last game of the season, treat it as a Play-Off Semi Final, which we don't have too bad of a record in. :wink:

And Wolves

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Apr 2018 11:28

windermereROYAL
Hendo
Stranded

And Wolves

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

oxf*rd Alex Rae.

Although I make it wins v:

Tranmere Rovers
Wigan
Cardiff
Fulham

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2018 11:39

windermereROYAL

We have a 2 goal better GD than Barnsley.

Yep, if Barnsley get level with us on points, they will have a better GD than us.

They won't though so it's all good.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 24 Apr 2018 12:03

I'm nervous! I dont get the relaxed attitiude. 10 years ago we were sent down by Fulham winning 3 in a row and winning away for the first time in a year. I think we can assume we will lose both our games (pretty likely given our Sat 3pm home record and Cardiff's form). I know Ipswich are rudderless but we couldnt beat Sunderland!

If we can mathematically go down on the last day I think we will, given ours is the hardest game that day.

Barnsley maybe 5 points behind but its that time of year when the bottom 3 pick up more wins. They have a huge opportunity tonight to get one of the 2 wins they need and then we are relying on playoff chokers Brentford and Derby to hold their nerve against a team fighting for their lives. I wouldn't bet against Derby collapsing to 7th 8th at home on the last day as Barnsley take 3 points... All the permutations of who plays who for the top 6 will echo down to the bottom 6 too I think...

Bolton do indeed look pretty dead and buried BUT both them and Burton can't lose on Saturday, so we need something to avoid them being within striking distance on final day. Burton would go to Preston (probably out of top 6 by then) with 3 wins on the spin, or a rejuvenated Bolton would have given themselves hope with win v Burton and look to finish the job v the abysmal Forest at home.

Birmingham might come through for us yet - their form is much better than ours but QPR away and Fulham at home are v tough (dpeending on which QPR they play). Anything at all for them v QPR and they can catch us. 4 defeats for us and them and we stay up ahead of them and one of Bolton/Burton!

Paul Clement has spoken about watching Forest v Barnsley if it is on TV tonight - well guess what Paul it isn't as the CL is on. Its a ludicrous thing to say (given no result can mathematically change anything for us), so every ounce of focus should be on Ipswich. If we win that it's safety whatever. Its symptomatic of a team sleepwalking to relegation for the manger to be talking about Forest Barnsley - thats for interest fan forums!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Apr 2018 12:06

Z175 I'm nervous! I dont get the relaxed attitiude. 10 years ago we were sent down by Fulham winning 3 in a row and winning away for the first time in a year. I think we can assume we will lose both our games (pretty likely given our Sat 3pm home record and Cardiff's form). I know Ipswich are rudderless but we couldnt beat Sunderland!

If we can mathematically go down on the last day I think we will, given it is the hardest game.

Yet we could beat a QPR team who had a couple of good away wins before and a Preston side who were pushing for the play-offs?

So if, mathematically, it would take us to lose and whoever to win, yet with something like a 10-15 goal swing, we would still go down?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Apr 2018 12:07

I'm not nervous, more like half excited at the vague hope of the likes of Fleetwood away next season