Anyone Nervous?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Anyone Nervous?

by Hound » 25 Apr 2018 20:56

leon I’m looking forward to all of those true believers who said we would not be involved in a relegation battle, there was no way we’d be anywhere near it or you’d need to be a fool to think the way the season was going we’d be in any sort of trouble coming on gloating.

We managed to be skirting the edge of the bottom 3 all season. Would say the only time I was really properly worried was after the Norwich defeat and Leeds draw.

Not saying I didn’t get it very wrong when I was saying we’d be comfortably safe though

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 25 Apr 2018 23:35

Zip Surprising that Jonathan Low is still referring us being involved in a relegation battle. It would now take an awful lot of results to go against us for us to go down now.

a defeat for us, and wins for Bolton and Barnsley on Saturday would make it very nervous final day again.

Of those three, defeat for us looks least likely. In fact if we lose to Ipswich, we probably deserve to go down. Ipswich look ideal opponents.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 Apr 2018 00:16

Zip Clement needs at least a couple of transfer windows to try and reshape the squad. We need to try and consolidate next season. I would expect there to be a lot of outgoings over the summer.

Clement may need that, but whether he gets it is another story.[/quote]

muirinho
Zip Surprising that Jonathan Low is still referring us being involved in a relegation battle. It would now take an awful lot of results to go against us for us to go down now.

I'm not. He's a journalist, he needs to drum up interest.

So, does J Lo now have full access to Clement, or is the club taking a cautious approach at this time? :wink:

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 26 Apr 2018 09:32

tmesis
Zip
a defeat for us, and wins for Bolton and Barnsley on Saturday would make it very nervous final day again.

a draw for us if those other two win would also put us in danger.

OTOH, if Barnsley fail to win, it's all over, we're safe whatever else happens (Bolton cannot realistically catch us on GD)

massifheed

by massifheed » 26 Apr 2018 10:38

LUX OTOH, if Barnsley fail to win, it's all over, we're safe whatever else happens (Bolton cannot realistically catch us on GD)

And given Brentford need two decent results for a last shot at the play-offs, you'd have to assume they'll get the job done at Barnsley.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Apr 2018 11:09

tmesis

Of those three, defeat for us looks least likely. In fact if we lose to Ipswich, we probably deserve to go down. Ipswich look ideal opponents.

obv we are rubbish, we are Reading who always break other teams bad runs etc, but since 6th March (they actually had some decent results in Feb) they have lost 4 in a row away, scoring 1 goal. They have 5 points from 9 games overall. They have scored 3 goals in 9 games. They lost 4-0 at home in their last game.

On the other hand, we are unbeaten in 5 at home, and have 7 points from the last 3 home games.

I'm certainly not saying a defeat is out of the question, but objectively you really would think we'd win this game, and at the worst get a point.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2018 21:40

AthleticoSpizz Lol, we will lose to Dipswich, win against Caerdydd....that’s how we roll

Isn’t it?
there ya go....it’s on

Or will Sean Morrison deal out the coup de grace?
He’s on fire

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Apr 2018 23:00

I’m not nervous, we’ll beat Sunderland easily

I’m not nervous, we can win at Wednesday

I’m not nervous, we have a massively superior goal difference

I’m not nervous, Ipswich are cr@p and we will beat them easily

I’m not nervous, there is no way on the planet that cruddy Barnsley can beat high-flying Brentford

I’m not nervous, Burton are dead and buried

I’m not nervous, Preston will stick five on “plucky” Burton

I’m not nervous. There is no way Derby will choke in their last game

I’m not nervous. Reading can win in Cardiff

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Apr 2018 23:15

I was terrified until I saw where we were in the league but I’m still incredibly nervous. Going down would be a disaster

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2018 09:27

I'm not nervous. I've been resigned to the possibility for a couple of months. We deserve relegation for this gutless season.

I'm not totally convinced relegation would be such a bad thing. It's certainly a massive risk and I wouldn't expect an instant bounce back. We're in an absolute state and the finances would be dire, but we might actually win double figures at home.

I can't see next season un the Championship being much fun. Continue like this and we're going down sooner or later anyway. I'd rather it was sooner if that's the case to reduce the hold of the losing mentality we're developing as a whole club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Apr 2018 08:13

Do we deserve relegation? Yes.

Will we be relegated? No.

We will of course lose this Sunday but other results will save us. I then want Clement to come out and make assurances that certain players will never wear a Reading shirt again and draw a line under this depressing season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Apr 2018 08:26

Snowball I’m not nervous, we’ll beat Sunderland easily

I’m not nervous, there is no way on the planet that cruddy Barnsley can beat high-flying Brentford

I'm just not nervous. It will take a fairly exact series of results to occur for us to go down. If that happens, then we deserve to finish 22nd and be relegated. If not, then we can hopefully draw a line under this crap season and see if Clement can build something slightly more competitive next season (i.e. not involved in a relegation battle).

Whatever happens, we'll still have a football club to support and they will start the season in August.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 30 Apr 2018 09:06

Stranded Whatever happens, we'll still have a football club to support

More's the pity

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Apr 2018 09:09

TiagoIlori I was terrified until I saw where we were in the league but I’m still incredibly nervous. Going down would be a disaster

Agreed but we couldn't complain if it happens

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 30 Apr 2018 09:09

Not nervous we will get beat a result will go for us elsewhere.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 30 Apr 2018 13:59

Snowflake Royal I can't see next season in the Championship being much fun. Continue like this and we're going down sooner or later anyway. I'd rather it was sooner if that's the case to reduce the hold of the losing mentality we're developing as a whole club.

Pre-season favorites?

Ah-ha, but on HNA? over the Summer, we will thrash out a plan for survival!

That is, when we aren't all glued to the World Cup, which will hopefully make for a shorter off-season. Maybe. :)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Apr 2018 17:30

Sadly a shorter off season really doesn't help our poorly conditioned shower of shit.

And tbh, I'm not sure I can enjoy a world cup bought and paid for by one of the world's most dangerous and aggressive regimes.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Apr 2018 17:34

Shorter off-season for us fans surely? All our players (apart from Bod I guess and who knows maybe Swift is getting further ruined by another international summer tournament) will be back at the club first week of July (or so) regardless of the World Cup

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Apr 2018 17:37

Silver Fox Shorter off-season for us fans surely? All our players (apart from Bod I guess and who knows maybe Swift is getting further ruined by another international summer tournament) will be back at the club first week of July (or so) regardless of the World Cup

That would be good, are there never games outside the tournament and does it not affect the season start and end dates?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 30 Apr 2018 18:04

Snowball I’m not nervous, we’ll beat Sunderland easily

You're making me nervous Snowie.