MATCHWATCH : Ipswich Town (h) sponsored by just do it!

124 posts
JR

Re: MATCHWATCH : Ipswich Town (h) sponsored by just do it!

by JR » 28 Apr 2018 17:39

NewCorkSeth
JR
NewCorkSeth What was the ref doing there? He gave an offside against Kermie then brought it forward 10 yards?

It’s the laws - foul is given from
where they interfere and not from where they are offside

What? He was offside in their half then the ref brought it into our half? How did he interfere in our half?

When the ball was played he was offside because he was in the opposition half ahead of the Ipswich players. He then returned to our half and touched the ball, meaning he was active and free kick given from where he touched it in our half.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 17:52

JR
NewCorkSeth
JR
It’s the laws - foul is given from
where they interfere and not from where they are offside

What? He was offside in their half then the ref brought it into our half? How did he interfere in our half?

When the ball was played he was offside because he was in the opposition half ahead of the Ipswich players. He then returned to our half and touched the ball, meaning he was active and free kick given from where he touched it in our half.

Ok. I have a video of the incident. How do I post it on here guys?

He doesnt actually touch the ball. I dont know if he was offside or not but he could have been.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Apr 2018 17:53

In the history of the football league has there ever been a club so appalling bad that were not relegated. I defy anybody to name one.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Apr 2018 17:54

alfie9 That's it. Just relegate us ffs. Let all these overpaid mercenaries leave and lets rebuild. Oh and Clement can go too. Nice guy but don't get the feeling he's the one to take us forward. As much as he is working with absolute garbage

+1000

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 28 Apr 2018 17:57

How did we finish 3rd last season?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 18:00

Most of the game that was a solidly uninspiringly mediocre performance seeing out a shit season. However it ended it a shambolic display of ineptitude, incompetence and laziness that is quite likely to lead to our relegation and the players should be ashamed, not just of the way they fell apart, but the way the sulked afterwards and tried to shirk their opportunity to acknowledge the fans afterwards.

Typical of our season, it is bookended with pathetic individual mistakes.

Bodvarsson conspiring to miss contact on an easy chance and Kelly starting the rout by deciding he was actually a spectator with no defensive duties. Quickly followed by Gunter charging out and failing to effectively clear his lines leaving a massive space in behind, with Barrow AWOL and Moore deciding to mark space rathee than close down. The awful Gunter then sold Mannone short with a shit header followed by Elphick (I think) deciding to fall over the ball when last man.

Our defence genuinely just gave up at 0-3 and waited for the whistle.

Aluko's touch is atrocious, unless he's trying to make the ball bobble unpredictably at every opportunity. WTF he was doing on the left wing with Barrow at the end I have no clue.

Clement trying to play 4-4-2 with Kelly and Swift in midfield is probably the stupidest selection choice of the season. Swift spooned at least three simple passes nowhere under zero pressure.

South Stand singing section was genuinely great. I dread to think what it was like watching that omnishambles from elsewhere.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Apr 2018 18:04

Snowflake Royal a shambolic display of ineptitude, incompetence and laziness that is quite likely to lead to our relegation and the players should be ashamed

Not really...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 18:07

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal a shambolic display of ineptitude, incompetence and laziness that is quite likely to lead to our relegation and the players should be ashamed

Not really...

You don't think that puts Burton and Barsnsley's dander up after their wins, whereas our lot look like they've already accepted it.

JR

by JR » 28 Apr 2018 18:09

NewCorkSeth
JR
NewCorkSeth What? He was offside in their half then the ref brought it into our half? How did he interfere in our half?

Ok. I have a video of the incident. How do I post it on here guys?

He doesnt actually touch the ball. I dont know if he was offside or not but he could have been.

Sorry doesn’t need to have touched it - it’s when the officials deem him to be active - it’s on page 95 of the IFAB laws of the game if interested - first para of section 4 of law 11.

Personally I feel it is nonsense but it was the correct decision.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2018 18:10

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Not really...

You don't think that puts Burton and Barsnsley's dander up after their wins, whereas our lot look like they've already accepted it.

Preston, Derby and Fulham will also have their ‘dander’ up and are better teams though

JR

by JR » 28 Apr 2018 18:11

Gunny Fishcake In the history of the football league has there ever been a club so appalling bad that were not relegated. I defy anybody to name one.

It’s an interesting challenge - but impossible to disprove - unless you’ve lived through every game like us fans have you can’t make that claim

JR

by JR » 28 Apr 2018 18:14

Just got off at Goring & Streatley and walked past Nigel Howe waiting for a train to Reading / Paddington.

Surreal - how times have changed! He would have been boozing it up with opposing board members if this was any of the past 15 seasons.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Apr 2018 18:15

Nobody was pulling any punches after that on BBCRB including Paul Clement which I suppose, as it’s not his squad, is relatively safe ground. Still, in all my years I can’t recall a Manager expressing such unequivocal disgust at a performance.

Dellor actually said that Gunter and Aluko should never play for the club again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 18:22

Royal Rother Nobody was pulling any punches after that on BBCRB including Paul Clement which I suppose, as it’s not his squad, is relatively safe ground. Still, in all my years I can’t recall a Manager expressing such unequivocal disgust at a performance.

Dellor actually said that Gunter and Aluko should never play for the club again.

Dellor actually criticised Gunter? Wow, he was worse than i thought.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Apr 2018 18:24

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Not really...

Sure but Birmingham also have to get a result and the odds of all 3 happening are pretty unlikely. Not saying it’s not possible, but certainly don’t agree that today’s effort (or lack there of) will “likely lead to our relegation”.

Side note: if South Stand singing section is going to be permenant, you going to get a ST with them?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 18:26

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Not really...

Sure but Birmingham also have to get a result and the odds of all 3 happening are pretty unlikely. Not saying it’s not possible, but certainly don’t agree that today’s effort (or lack there of) will “likely lead to our relegation”.

Side note: if South Stand singing section is going to be permenant, you going to get a ST with them?

Might do. Best home fan experience for about 5 years.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 28 Apr 2018 19:11

NewCorkSeth We are for sure going down. For sure. 100%. Theres no way that the convoluted list of things that needs to happen for us to go down isnt going to happen.

The odds of them happening suggests they won't :roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 19:31

Longhorn1970
NewCorkSeth We are for sure going down. For sure. 100%. Theres no way that the convoluted list of things that needs to happen for us to go down isnt going to happen.

The odds of them happening suggests they won't :roll:

... whoosh?

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 28 Apr 2018 19:54

Royal Rother At least Dellor has finally realised that Gunter is utterly utterly shite.

.............but he is a good athlete :wink:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Apr 2018 20:38

Is that the same logic that said we were bound to be safe TODAY?

124 posts