Results required for us to stay up in the final day

holsgrove breaks a leg
Member
Posts: 643
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 18:43

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 29 Apr 2018 10:29

All I can say is thank god mannone saved that pen in injury time v qpr otherwise I would be far less convinced about our chances next week...

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1895
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by windermereROYAL » 29 Apr 2018 10:48

Just checked the Fulham forum, lots of them are clutching at straws and think we can get something :D

Both Reading and Birmingham will only be assured of staying up with a win.

Both us and Cardiff should win, but I could see Cardiff buckling before us. Hard to imagine that happening against Reading, but football isn't a game played on paper.




Paul Clement will butcher his side at this moment in the dressing room,telling them they are the worst players he's ever managed and you'll all be out the door in the Summer....Players will perform at Cardiff .
Cardiff 0 Reading 3....Boom Boom.




Lots of people whinging on here and saying it’s all over. I take it they would have rested our best players when we were 4-1 down to juventus on aggregate in 2010 and when we were 2-0 down at Man City 2 years earlier... or when we were 8 points behind Cardiff a few weeks ago

If you think Jokanovic will rest players for Birmingham you are mad or smoking something wacky

Reading need a win to stay up. this is the championship. Anything can happen





Reading will win @ Cardiff (due to home pressure) & cos Reading have to!

Us to draw or beat Brum(away for us not so pressured, pressure on Brum)

We take second place

Extraordinary finish to the season

Punch after punch thrown & taken, by both Cardiff & ourselves

Swopping 2nd place every time

All talk of "what if's - e.g. Brentford's very late equaliser, Cardiff should have beaten Derby now totally irrelevant & immaterial

Never thought that I would sing this but "come on you Royals!"

Nurse where's my tablets?

Knock me out until it's all over....

Then Shahid rattles a few bars on cages with the Wemberlee plans

Trust him to go one further than MAF's twin tower idea.....

COYW!!



Reading are something like 40/1 to be relegated, all bar a catastrophic set of results happening, which are likely NOT to happen.

Anyone thinking that Reading are capable of getting ANYTHING from Cardiff, are absolutely off their rocker.

Reading are rotten to the core, and will turn up to Cardiff, with the same mentality they’ve had all season.

If anything, we’ve got a tougher job on our hands getting something from Birmingham, who will scrap.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1109
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 18:56

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 Apr 2018 15:08

Why do they all think we need to win?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1895
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by windermereROYAL » 29 Apr 2018 15:13

Both Derby and Preston have identical home records over the last 6 games W2 D1 L3, hardly fills you with confidence does it?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1895
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by windermereROYAL » 29 Apr 2018 15:14

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:Why do they all think we need to win?


They were put right by other posters on the forum.


Zip
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2358
Joined: 30 Dec 2017 17:39

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by Zip » 29 Apr 2018 15:14

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:Why do they all think we need to win?


I know. A cursory inspection of the League table confirms otherwise.

User avatar
bcubed
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3970
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 18:16
Location: Would do better with a stick of rhubarb

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by bcubed » 30 Apr 2018 00:07

Mid Sussex Royal wrote:Why do they all think we need to win?


Or perhaps of more relevance, why the hell do they think we could win?!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2222
Joined: 15 Dec 2004 14:31
Location: Colwyn Bay Royals - Membership no.000001,

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by Mr Optimist » 30 Apr 2018 05:55

I think Sunday is when the slate with Fulham is wiped clean. They win at St Andrews and even if Bolton win their game at Forest we will survive on goal difference.

Barnsley will lose at Derby, Burton will draw at Preston, and we limp home after losing 3-0 in Cardiff, rolling over and having our soft bellies tickled.

User avatar
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11328
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 12:42
Location: Propping up the bar in the Nags

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by Stranded » 30 Apr 2018 09:35

windermereROYAL wrote:Both Derby and Preston have identical home records over the last 6 games W2 D1 L3, hardly fills you with confidence does it?


Burton's away form is identical but Barnsley's away form is up there with ours W0 D1 L5.

Barnsley winning at Derby is only slightly less likely than us getting anything at Cardiff.


User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20337
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by genome » 30 Apr 2018 09:45

Use this to get a clearer picture of everything - you can input the results on the last day and figure out the scenarios

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calc ... mpionship/

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 20337
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by genome » 30 Apr 2018 09:53

windermereROYAL wrote:Paul Clement will butcher his side at this moment in the dressing room,telling them they are the worst players he's ever managed and you'll all be out the door in the Summer....Players will perform at Cardiff .


Interesting observation. I wonder if Clement has told the players that some of them will be fighting for their place in the team next year?

I guess if he has, we'll see who really wants to play for us.

User avatar
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 15132
Joined: 04 Mar 2005 13:59
Location: Hob Nob Reality TV Champ 2010/2011

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by paultheroyal » 30 Apr 2018 11:36

windermereROYAL wrote:Just checked the Fulham forum, lots of them are clutching at straws and think we can get something :D

Both Reading and Birmingham will only be assured of staying up with a win.

Both us and Cardiff should win, but I could see Cardiff buckling before us. Hard to imagine that happening against Reading, but football isn't a game played on paper.




Paul Clement will butcher his side at this moment in the dressing room,telling them they are the worst players he's ever managed and you'll all be out the door in the Summer....Players will perform at Cardiff .
Cardiff 0 Reading 3....Boom Boom.




Lots of people whinging on here and saying it’s all over. I take it they would have rested our best players when we were 4-1 down to juventus on aggregate in 2010 and when we were 2-0 down at Man City 2 years earlier... or when we were 8 points behind Cardiff a few weeks ago

If you think Jokanovic will rest players for Birmingham you are mad or smoking something wacky

Reading need a win to stay up. this is the championship. Anything can happen





Reading will win @ Cardiff (due to home pressure) & cos Reading have to!

Us to draw or beat Brum(away for us not so pressured, pressure on Brum)

We take second place

Extraordinary finish to the season

Punch after punch thrown & taken, by both Cardiff & ourselves

Swopping 2nd place every time

All talk of "what if's - e.g. Brentford's very late equaliser, Cardiff should have beaten Derby now totally irrelevant & immaterial

Never thought that I would sing this but "come on you Royals!"

Nurse where's my tablets?

Knock me out until it's all over....

Then Shahid rattles a few bars on cages with the Wemberlee plans

Trust him to go one further than MAF's twin tower idea.....

COYW!!



Reading are something like 40/1 to be relegated, all bar a catastrophic set of results happening, which are likely NOT to happen.

Anyone thinking that Reading are capable of getting ANYTHING from Cardiff, are absolutely off their rocker.

Reading are rotten to the core, and will turn up to Cardiff, with the same mentality they’ve had all season.

If anything, we’ve got a tougher job on our hands getting something from Birmingham, who will scrap.


You need to get out more.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 19315
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: https://goo.gl/maps/i8aVNAvDB872

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by Forbury Lion » 30 Apr 2018 12:03

alfie9 wrote:Two words:

ACCRINGTON

STANLEY
Who are they?


hughsies no.1
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: 30 Sep 2004 10:50

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by hughsies no.1 » 30 Apr 2018 12:03

If you fancy us for the drop the value is in backing the treble.

We are 40/1 with bet365 to be relegated.

But if you back:
Birmingham double chance (win or draw) vs Fulham
Barnsley to beat Derby
Burton to beat Preston

You get 77/1.

User avatar
The Reverend
Member
Posts: 593
Joined: 07 Nov 2007 11:41

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by The Reverend » 30 Apr 2018 12:03

Betfair have Reading at 66/1 to go down

An acca of

Barnsley win
Birmingham win/draw
Burton win
Cardiff win

the only combination of results that sees us sink is 84.7/1

I'm on it, just in case

User avatar
The Reverend
Member
Posts: 593
Joined: 07 Nov 2007 11:41

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by The Reverend » 30 Apr 2018 12:05

hughsies no.1 wrote:If you fancy us for the drop the value is in backing the treble.

We are 40/1 with bet365 to be relegated.

But if you back:
Birmingham double chance (win or draw) vs Fulham
Barnsley to beat Derby
Burton to beat Preston

You get 77/1.


you're forgetting Cardiff to win

hughsies no.1
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: 30 Sep 2004 10:50

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by hughsies no.1 » 30 Apr 2018 12:06

The Reverend wrote:
hughsies no.1 wrote:If you fancy us for the drop the value is in backing the treble.

We are 40/1 with bet365 to be relegated.

But if you back:
Birmingham double chance (win or draw) vs Fulham
Barnsley to beat Derby
Burton to beat Preston

You get 77/1.


you're forgetting Cardiff to win


Valid point... that makes it 105/1!

User avatar
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3024
Joined: 21 Jan 2010 00:47
Location: We should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they hold sway over time

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by John Smith » 30 Apr 2018 12:08

genome wrote:Use this to get a clearer picture of everything - you can input the results on the last day and figure out the scenarios

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calc ... mpionship/

I've got this:

19 Reading FC -24 43
20 Birmingham City -33 43
21 Bolton Wanderers -35 43
22 Barnsley FC -23 41
23 Burton Albion -44 41
24 Sunderland AFC -33 34

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 19315
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: https://goo.gl/maps/i8aVNAvDB872

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by Forbury Lion » 30 Apr 2018 12:09

genome wrote:
windermereROYAL wrote:Paul Clement will butcher his side at this moment in the dressing room,telling them they are the worst players he's ever managed and you'll all be out the door in the Summer....Players will perform at Cardiff .


Interesting observation. I wonder if Clement has told the players that some of them will be fighting for their place in the team next year?

I guess if he has, we'll see who really wants to play for us.
I wonder if any of the players have a relegation release clause in their contracts?
If I was in charge of the club, I would meet with those players and put on record that the club will allow them to activate the release even if we survive, just to remove any element of doubt that may exist.

Snowball
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15669
Joined: 02 Jan 2009 19:35

Re: Results required for us to stay up in the final day

by Snowball » 30 Apr 2018 12:39

The two home 1-0 wins (QPR and Preston) showed us FIGHTING
(we were still poor overall but got the blocks in, saved a pen,
scored a worldy.

We all know we could EASILY, on the run of play, have lost both those games
(we'd now be on 37 points and down)


But we got "New Manager Bounce", GOT the two wins we needed (or thought we needed),
so, in truth, more or less, almost, well sort of, Clement did his job.

If you consider 1 win in 19 under Stam prior to those games and then the shocking performances
v Wednesday and Ipswich (and not brilliant v Sunderland), Clement must have been
practising Black Magic to get those wins.

And the crazy number of sendings off have hardly helped the cause (esp Bacuna)

The fact that the players COULD raise their game (QPR, Preston, Fulham) but then
dropped back off, and the four sendings off, for me show the players to be at fault,
show that the dressing room is not a good place.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alfie9 and 71 guests

It is currently 13 Dec 2018 06:21