Back from the ****

204 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the ****

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:36

Snowball
NewCorkSeth
Reading4eva Sacking McDermott the first time was a mistake. Sacking him the second time was also a mistake

You trolling?

I agree with him

We might not have finished third last year but McDermott would have provided that brick by brick approach the club needs at this point. It's proved most successful with Coppell, McDermott and before them McGhee

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Apr 2018 00:38

Right now 10th-11th-12th for three seasons would feel like winning the lottery

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:38

NewCorkSeth
Reading4eva
NewCorkSeth You trolling?

No. Don't p!ss me off tonight with some stupid wit. Leave it till 3pm on Sunday IF this football club is safe.

I think hiring him second time round was a mistake. Never go back.

Better staying with a proven manager and someone loyal to this club than an unproven manager who did very well first season but maybe off the back of McDermotts planning.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Apr 2018 00:40

Reading4eva
NewCorkSeth
Reading4eva
No. Don't p!ss me off tonight with some stupid wit. Leave it till 3pm on Sunday IF this football club is safe.

I think hiring him second time round was a mistake. Never go back.

Better staying with a proven manager and someone loyal to this club than an unproven manager who did very well first season but maybe off the back of McDermotts planning.

Don't think Brian was here long enough to plan much....

Edit. Second time round obv.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Apr 2018 00:41

We are rudderless both on and off the pitch.
Our decline has coincided with change of ownership. We have had owners for the past seven or eight years that don’t have any interest in the club. Our current owners are nowhere to be seen. Our Chief Exec is nowhere to be seen. On the pitch leadership is nowhere to be seen.

We will probably stay up next Sunday but where then? If Clement does just tinker with the squad then it’s very difficult to see anything other than a very difficult season in 2018/19.
We have gone from being a very strong Championship team in the naughties to a very weak one in recent years (last season excluded).

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:45

Zip We are rudderless both on and off the pitch.
Our decline has coincided with change of ownership. We have had owners for the past seven or eight years that don’t have any interest in the club. Our current owners are nowhere to be seen. Our Chief Exec is nowhere to be seen. On the pitch leadership is nowhere to be seen.

We will probably stay up next Sunday but where then? If Clement does just tinker with the squad then it’s very difficult to see anything other than a very difficult season in 2018/19.
We have gone from being a very strong Championship team in the naughties to a very weak one in recent years (last season excluded).

No tinkering. Full clear out needed. Moore probably the only star man. Kelly let himself down this season. Aluko can fook off. McCleary can fooking leave if he can't get fit. Swift new sick note so can go too. Clear the lot out. Professionals? They wouldn't get a game for Bury at the moment the overpaid tw@ts

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Apr 2018 00:52

Zip
Barney I'm sure this will annoy some folks...but I couldn't care less.

I boo'd the players at the final whistle. I have been to around 1,200 RFC games (trust me....that is a lot) and I can take defeat, but what I will not tolerate is a lack of effort. I too walked past some of the players elaborate cars parked outside the ground today. What are they on ?
5 grand a week....10 grand a week...some higher than that. That performance today ranks up there with one of the most gutless performances I have ever witnessed.

Thankfully, I will never have to see some of those players in an RFC shirt again. Utter disgrace.

I know "youngsters" hate the oldies going on about Hurlock, or Bowman, or Sidwell, or Tait etc etc....but sadly our team has no balls. End of.

Shame on you players today. Feel free to pick up your huge monthly wage slip next week...but quite frankly, you were a disgrace today.

Gutless...the lot of you.

They will be on a lot more money than that. According to radio Berkshire Martin is on £27,000 a week

And that is what is the utter disgrace about professional football in England. Thanks a bunch Sky! :twisted:

Today I was having our misery relayed to me on the far side of the pond. Thoroughly peed off and depressed at the result, I then went to watch a thoroughly entertaining MLS game in a crowd of over 45,000. I saw a guy score from two cracking free kicks in the space of 15 minutes and generally have a great game. Reportedly he gets a salary of approx $80,000 per annum!

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Apr 2018 00:59

RoyalBlue
Zip

I boo'd the players at the final whistle. I have been to around 1,200 RFC games (trust me....that is a lot) and I can take defeat, but what I will not tolerate is a lack of effort. I too walked past some of the players elaborate cars parked outside the ground today. What are they on ?
5 grand a week....10 grand a week...some higher than that. That performance today ranks up there with one of the most gutless performances I have ever witnessed.

Thankfully, I will never have to see some of those players in an RFC shirt again. Utter disgrace.

I know "youngsters" hate the oldies going on about Hurlock, or Bowman, or Sidwell, or Tait etc etc....but sadly our team has no balls. End of.

Shame on you players today. Feel free to pick up your huge monthly wage slip next week...but quite frankly, you were a disgrace today.

They will be on a lot more money than that. According to radio Berkshire Martin is on £27,000 a week

And that is what is the utter disgrace about professional football in England. Thanks a bunch Sky! :twisted:

Today I was having our misery relayed to me on the far side of the pond. Thoroughly peed off and depressed at the result, I then went to watch a thoroughly entertaining MLS game in a crowd of over 45,000. I saw a guy score from two cracking free kicks in the space of 15 minutes and generally have a great game. Reportedly he gets a salary of approx $80,000 per annum!

That's the sickening thing about football. However if we unlikely but still possible happens and we end up in League One happens, who is going to take any of these overpaid pillocks off our hands? Aluko anyone? Burton... you fancy him? No. Oh he's stuck here.

The players in this age should be employed on a win basis. Win and they get 30k a week, lose and they get 5k a week. Let's see what happens then

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Apr 2018 01:10

RoyalBlue
Zip

Yep moderate football players becoming multi millionaires. Little wonder clubs are vulnerable to foreign ownerships having been saddled with debt due to paying exorbitant salaries.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Apr 2018 02:02

I’ve seen shit Reading teams relegated over the decades I’ve watched Reading.

Shit teams with really no talent.

But despite being shit with really no talent they on the whole, at least tried. Failed. But tried.

This season, this team has been the worst Reading team I have ever seen.

Not because of a lack of talent but because of a lack of effort and a massive lack of character.

Today was a perfect example.

You are a disgrace.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 29 Apr 2018 03:43

Oilroyal
NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother Have been reading that this type of gutless performance shows that it really has been the players’ fault, and not Stam’s....

Rubbish.

Stam’s regime got rid of many of the promising youngsters who had come through the Academy and cared about the club. They may not have had the supposed talent of the players brought in to replenish the squad but by God they’d have fought hard and given the fans something to SUPPORT. Unlike this shower of shite.

Of course it’s Stam’s fault it has come to this. He built the squad, he let whatever is festering inside impact the performances on the pitch.

And seriously, the conspiracy theorists suggesting that there is something very wrong at the club and it is rotten to the core etc. etc. Well yes, if the management from the top down is shite it can reach the playing side of things in some small way but all they really DEEPLY care about is picking up their money - they need structure, balance, training, motivation (what about tenacity, spirit and flair?) and Stam was clearly unable to provide the spark they needed to show those qualities this season.

Quite obviously the malaise (can I call it cancer?) is too deep for Clement to be able to turn things around without a total clear out.

The players fault, of course. But the real culprit is Jaap Stam for letting it come to this state. Unfit, undisciplined, unmotivated and un whatever else you can think of.

Rubbish. Equal blame. He let the players down with tactical inconsitensy and inexperienced management. The players let him down by being absolutely shite.

+1 Rother
But don’t try explaining to these so-called experts on here, they haven’t got a fcuking clue. The signs were there preseason, and after the first game against QPR and our troubles ran throughout this season yet 99% of the expects on here would have none of it.

Thanks Stam, you complete and utter oxf*rd novice …. And the 99% of expects on here can now fcuk off

and it's not the players fault they're shit.... they are what they are. The club gave them extended contracts, signed the new players and not without Stam's approval.

(Hey, OilRoyal is back! What, you been busy at work the last couple months? No worries, welcome back).

RoyalRother, that seems like a rather narrow narrative to me. Stam had nothing to do with the academy. Certainly none of them would have started today. You should check out how many youngsters Stam has blooded vs. Clement at Derby and Swansea. You might be surprised.

Stam was only here for one full year. A linear speck in the passage of time. Yet as a rookie coach, he 'decimated' everything at the club? Either he was mad, or we were. He got us 3rd his rookie season, would Clement have? You'll be surprised, but history will show Stam actually did ok. Anyway, Stam is gone, and we move on...

And no, I don't want us to go down. I don't see us doing a Wigan or Blackburn, do you? The last thing we need to do as a club right now is fester about Stam. He was just a young rookie coach cutting his teeth for a short while...who we as a club chose to be with, and bought off on. Bald head, and all. Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead.

Yet for some reason, this club had finished 17th and 19th prior? Maybe we are now regressing back to the mean? Away days or not, keep me the heck away from League 1, thank you. Not sure I really trust this new 'regime' to bounce back up, and you?

Nuremberg Royal

by Nuremberg Royal » 29 Apr 2018 06:52

Snowball It's hard to argue "small margins" after watching a 0-4 defeat
and yet, that's what it is really about.

Again we missed chances (which needn't be the end of the world)
but BECAUSE we missed chances, when they scored we were behind
(as opposed to, say, back to 3-1)

IMO that one goal was offside, one goal was a freak, and we fell
apart (because we have no leaders, no belief, no mental strength
no aggression) and suddenly we are down 0-4

Was it last week that Ipswich LOST 0-4 at home?

Had this been 1-1 (it could easily have been), had this been 2-2
(it could easily have been), had this been 3-3 (it could easily have been)
we would now be saying, "We did enough, crept over the line" etc
and would be "safe" and beginning to talk about who would leave etc

Individually, almost every one of our players could do well in another Championship side.
A couple of years ago Barrow was ripping Man City a new one (as one example)

What's wrong is the team's imbalances, the lack of a really lethal striker, and, let's be
honest, drastic, dramatic changes of style that have "done in" the heads of most of the team

The hang-on-to-the-ball until the other side surrenders is awful, was awful, and became easy to counter.

Finishing third last year was A FREAK. That's obvious when you look at our horrible defeats like 7-1
and 5-0 etc etc. The 3rd was a high blip, but the last few seasons have been dire as a block
19th-17th (3rd) and this year going into the last game possibly ending up a point short and finishing
22nd.

We have had dodgy Russians, Thais only interested in the land, now mysterious, invisible Chinese owners.

We've had a tough, simplistic, soak up pressure, win on the break long-ball McDermott, Mr Big Watch, Mr Fake Tan,
Clarke, and a brilliant defender who couldn't teach defending, and now Clement, who is another manager not renowned for
having entertaining attacking sides.

Meanwhile we started signing dodgy players, over-priced or over-the-hill, or bad attitudes, or Stam's mates.

Royston Drenthe, Piazon, Hurtado, Fernandez, Ola John, Sa, Pogrebnyak, Wayne Bridge,
and as for Vydra, Grabban, Sharp, how come we made them cr@p and yet they are all high up
in the top-scorers charts this year with Vydra and Grabban 1-2?

Think of Reading as if you might think of, say Sunderland = "a club in a mess", there's "something wrong"
too many managers, too may owners, two many punts, too many desperate, often expensive buys

Only last year's freaky "false 3rd" is in there to suggest there ISN'T a really deep problem in the club

A side that finishes 17th and 19th and somewhere between 18th and 22nd this year is a perfect example
of a club in long-term trouble, structurally wrong, or with hidden money troubles, (or whatever)

Take out the bizarre 3rd and we would be 19th, 17th, 18th (at the absolute best) but this year, even if we escape
relegation in 18th place, we are FAR worse. If we stay up, unless the fundamentals are dealt with, even 15th/16th
will be a challenge next season, and we could easily collapse into (and stay in) the bottom three.

I miss the Coppell days, the McDermott days. I didn't mind the "unsophisticated" high-tempo stuff.

I miss the thundering challenges, the players who would run through a brick wall for the team.

I go to games now and am BORED, expecting few half-chances, the inevitable cock-up, but the saddest part
is that feeling that too many of the eleven on the pitch, really look like they don't give a toss.

Well said sir. Nail,head !

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Apr 2018 07:11

Nuremberg Royal
Snowball It's hard to argue "small margins" after watching a 0-4 defeat
and yet, that's what it is really about.

Again we missed chances (which needn't be the end of the world)
but BECAUSE we missed chances, when they scored we were behind
(as opposed to, say, back to 3-1)

IMO that one goal was offside, one goal was a freak, and we fell
apart (because we have no leaders, no belief, no mental strength
no aggression) and suddenly we are down 0-4

Was it last week that Ipswich LOST 0-4 at home?

Had this been 1-1 (it could easily have been), had this been 2-2
(it could easily have been), had this been 3-3 (it could easily have been)
we would now be saying, "We did enough, crept over the line" etc
and would be "safe" and beginning to talk about who would leave etc

Individually, almost every one of our players could do well in another Championship side.
A couple of years ago Barrow was ripping Man City a new one (as one example)

What's wrong is the team's imbalances, the lack of a really lethal striker, and, let's be
honest, drastic, dramatic changes of style that have "done in" the heads of most of the team

The hang-on-to-the-ball until the other side surrenders is awful, was awful, and became easy to counter.

Finishing third last year was A FREAK. That's obvious when you look at our horrible defeats like 7-1
and 5-0 etc etc. The 3rd was a high blip, but the last few seasons have been dire as a block
19th-17th (3rd) and this year going into the last game possibly ending up a point short and finishing
22nd.

We have had dodgy Russians, Thais only interested in the land, now mysterious, invisible Chinese owners.

We've had a tough, simplistic, soak up pressure, win on the break long-ball McDermott, Mr Big Watch, Mr Fake Tan,
Clarke, and a brilliant defender who couldn't teach defending, and now Clement, who is another manager not renowned for
having entertaining attacking sides.

Meanwhile we started signing dodgy players, over-priced or over-the-hill, or bad attitudes, or Stam's mates.

Royston Drenthe, Piazon, Hurtado, Fernandez, Ola John, Sa, Pogrebnyak, Wayne Bridge,
and as for Vydra, Grabban, Sharp, how come we made them cr@p and yet they are all high up
in the top-scorers charts this year with Vydra and Grabban 1-2?

Think of Reading as if you might think of, say Sunderland = "a club in a mess", there's "something wrong"
too many managers, too may owners, two many punts, too many desperate, often expensive buys

Only last year's freaky "false 3rd" is in there to suggest there ISN'T a really deep problem in the club

A side that finishes 17th and 19th and somewhere between 18th and 22nd this year is a perfect example
of a club in long-term trouble, structurally wrong, or with hidden money troubles, (or whatever)

Take out the bizarre 3rd and we would be 19th, 17th, 18th (at the absolute best) but this year, even if we escape
relegation in 18th place, we are FAR worse. If we stay up, unless the fundamentals are dealt with, even 15th/16th
will be a challenge next season, and we could easily collapse into (and stay in) the bottom three.

I miss the Coppell days, the McDermott days. I didn't mind the "unsophisticated" high-tempo stuff.

I miss the thundering challenges, the players who would run through a brick wall for the team.

I go to games now and am BORED, expecting few half-chances, the inevitable cock-up, but the saddest part
is that feeling that too many of the eleven on the pitch, really look like they don't give a toss.

Well said sir. Nail,head !

Hi Nuremberg.

Was it you who has been predicting we would drop into
the bottom three last day of the season?

isisosiris

by isisosiris » 29 Apr 2018 07:57

Last home game against a mid table side who are waiting for the beach and have nothing to play for and we lost 4 nil after effectively giving up. That sums up the team. The best thing that could happen is that we lose the last game other results relegate us and the club and the owners get a massive wake up call which they all need. We go down a division clear out 6-7 members of the first team minimum, get rid of the current manager and get someone in with a reasonable budget to rebuild this club. New manager....my choice if I had one would be to tempt Gerrard away from the Rangers rumours and get him in. He is legend and spent his playing career as captain getting his team mates by the scruff of the neck and driving them to accomplish numerous trophies. To survive with the current form and team in this division will just allow the owners and team to put its head in the sand and hope it gets better. It won't it needs a root and branch clearout !!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2018 09:08

AthleticoSpizz 0-6, 1-6 in the past 20 odd years.....no

We've won 5 games at home all season, we won 4 last time we were utterly outclassed in the PL.

It's been pathetic. I'm sure we won more home games under Bullivant.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Apr 2018 09:12

Just seen the first goal. how on earth was that not flagged offside?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Apr 2018 09:25

windermereROYAL Just seen the first goal. how on earth was that not flagged offside?

I did wonder this although would like to see it from different angles

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Apr 2018 09:27

Moore looks to be playing him level from highlights.
God knows what Swift was doing either.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 29 Apr 2018 09:46

Gunny Fishcake
SCIAG Fingers crossed for results going our way next week.

Fingers crossed the results go against us, then we can be deservedly relegated and we can get rid of this shower of gutless sh*te and rebuild and start all over again.

It's not as simple as that though is it. It's all very well saying we can rebuild, but given the amount of long term contracts Gourlay has dished out, who is going to take the deadwood?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Apr 2018 10:09

NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother Well, maybe I’m alone, but I believe the likes of Dickie, Fosu, Stacey, Cooper should still be at the club.

They had shown enough to have been persevered with rather than dumping them for expensive imports with zero affinity for the club.

Jesus Christ they’d have been no worse than Blackett, Gunter, Beerens, Aluko, and a whole host of others.

Stacey wasn't really a RB here though was he. He was hardly going to challenge the experienced (but admittedly shit) Gunter was he? It would have also been a brave move to drop a record signing for Fosu.
I agree on Cooper. You can see from my posting history I rated him and wanted him to stay. He would never have started ahead of Moore, McShane and Ilori (who has been much better of recent) but was a handy option and capable of excellent performances.

My particular point re Fosu was that we needn’t have signed Aluko in the 1st place. All that money spent on someone (who was actually fecking crap against us last season anyway) when we had someone who was a better prospect and cost nothing.

I know I am giving a very simplistic view of it but I just think it’s a shite way of running a football team. Integrate, nurture, opportunity and development should be the watchwords. And that is pretty damn close to exactly what Tevreden and Stam said would be the policy when they arrived.

The benefits of giving someone from within a proper chance are massive. And by proper chance I don’t mean a couple of sub appearances and a start in the Watney’s Cup, before shoving them out on loan to build their character, I mean a decent run of games.

204 posts