Back from the ****

204 posts
RFCMod

Re: Back from the ****

by RFCMod » 01 May 2018 06:53

My 6 yr old wanted to stay and see if the team came back out to acknowledge the fans who stayed behind

Obviously you could see that most of the players were shellshocked either by how s**t they'd played together as a team or by Clement letting loose on them
Mannone looked like a man broken,Gunter similiar and Liam Moore looked like he was giving a subtle wave goodbye several times
It was the first time I actually thought some of the team actually gave a s**t but then I reflected on it and thought its more the fact that they're all sweating on not being released or sold in the summer

Whatever happens i'll be 30,000 ft up in the air when the games on next Sunday so i'll either be trying to get some response from the plane Wi-Fi or i'll have to wait the 13 hrs of flight to find out our fate
I wonder if like the old days when the captain would read out World Cup results he'd read out the Championship scores ;)

Either way Clement for me has it in him to get a team and install some of his learnings from his days with Ancelotti...etc and im just hoping that we're the team that he comes good with

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 May 2018 09:46

RFCMod My 6 yr old wanted to stay and see if the team came back out to acknowledge the fans who stayed behind

Obviously you could see that most of the players were shellshocked either by how s**t they'd played together as a team or by Clement letting loose on them
Mannone looked like a man broken,Gunter similiar and Liam Moore looked like he was giving a subtle wave goodbye several times
It was the first time I actually thought some of the team actually gave a s**t but then I reflected on it and thought its more the fact that they're all sweating on not being released or sold in the summer

Why? To me this makes no sense. The players will be sold if the club can't afford them or can make money out of them. I'm pretty sure, as well as contractual reductions in pay, they'll all also have release clauses. All three of these would be able to go to another club if they wanted to - I don't think a relegation on the career-sheet of a player makes as much of a difference as it does for a manager.

Bollocking, or genuinely traumatised at their own capitulation, or the knowledge they've let people down - or a mix of all three. But worried about their own careers, no, I doubt that.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 02 May 2018 21:17

Weeping gently in to the leather seats of their Bentley Continentals as they wheel spin away from the Mad Stad for possibly the last time as a Reading player, never to pull on our famous hooped shirt again. The cruel harsh reality of 21st century Division 2 football.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 May 2018 01:35

Snowflake Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Watched the replay and I need to know just one thing.

FIRST GOAL: Which of the three defenders was the oxf*rd who was meant to be marking the guy who was completely free to tap in?

I can't make out who it was but I won't be sending him a Christmas card.

It should have been Elphick based on where he was IMO.

LCB covers near post, RCB picks up the man in the middle, RB covers far post, RCM picks up lurker / runner

It was an interesting defensive line we took up... I think basically this:

................GK

..................ST............ LCB
..RB
....... .........RCB........................ RW
.......................................................... LB

Missed this response. Thanks SR. I couldn't make out who it was on the replay. Could've been him. Was shocking to see whoever it was standing in no man's land letting the scorer just walk ahead and knock it in.

204 posts