Back from the ****

204 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the ****

by CountryRoyal » 28 Apr 2018 22:24

windermereROYAL
genome
tidus_mi2 I'm sick of this suggestion that we deserve relegation, if we finish 22nd we deserve relegation, otherwise we were better than 3 other teams over a 46 game season.

Well, I think their point is that in most other seasons we would have been relegated with our points total. Therefore we do (sort of) deserve to go down. We are incredibly lucky that there are a few teams worse than us.

There isnt a team in our league worse than us on present form.

Apart from Sunderland and Bolton.

Over 6 games and 10.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 22:26

tidus_mi2
genome
tidus_mi2 I'm sick of this suggestion that we deserve relegation, if we finish 22nd we deserve relegation, otherwise we were better than 3 other teams over a 46 game season.

Well, I think their point is that in most other seasons we would have been relegated with our points total. Therefore we do (sort of) deserve to go down. We are incredibly lucky that there are a few teams worse than us.

If it's meant in that way then I concede to that point, has any team ever survived on 43pts in a 46 game, 3pts for a win season?

TBH I think at least seven teams deserve relegation this season. The standard in the division has been terrible.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Apr 2018 22:30

Snowflake Royal TBH I think at least seven teams deserve relegation this season. The standard in the division has been terrible.

As with the premiership there's a growing divide.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Apr 2018 22:38

3points Omar Richards really isn’t very good

Thought Ilori was a better option at right back than Gunter

Wasn't it 0:0 when he went went off?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 28 Apr 2018 22:41

Had Bacuna not been stupid I think we could have got a draw today. When Richards went off after another frightened and frightening performance the change in defence meant we were all over the place. I was hoping we may have been able to build a defence around Elphick but the defence looked much worse and he was at fault for at least one of the goals.

Although I don't rate Edwards and VDB our timid midfield was embarresing Anyone remember Swift, Kelly or Aluko making a tackle and winning?

It still needs a lot to go wrong to go down with both Burton and Barnsley needing to win and Birmingham getting a draw. If any one of those things don't happen we are ok.

To be honest we don't deserve to survive but hope to God we do.

Anyone saying it wouldn't be that bad are not really thinking straight.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 22:44

Has this been our worst ever seen at home since our establishment in 1871? It must be close

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2018 22:46

0-6, 1-6 in the past 20 odd years.....no

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 28 Apr 2018 23:03

This makes me chuckle. I watched us go down to Div 2, or League 1 if you must, yet apparently most here aren't allowed to comment because we've been lower before, and perhaps didn't see that season. I did. I can tell you this is worse. A lot worse.

Top to bottom this club is rotten. I have few Q's for everyone. Let's try to apportion some blame?...

Structure? The set up? Who really are the owners? Where are they? What do they want?

Transfers? Who is responsible? Who signed these players? Who sanctioned Aluko at £5m+?

Players? What are they paid? Why are they playing like they don't care? Do they get fined for that kind of performance?

I would say manager... but given then players have been eqaully embarrassing under Stam and Clement, and both have tried varous systems... I's say it's fair to absolve them from most blame.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 23:05

AthleticoSpizz 0-6, 1-6 in the past 20 odd years.....no

Sorry. I meant is this our worst ever season at home since we were established in 1871. It must be very close.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2018 23:11

No worries

As a.season, no, getting relegated to Div 4 is much worse than this....but yes....regarding p1ss poor home results in any one particular season....you’re on to something close I’m sure

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 28 Apr 2018 23:19

SCIAG First half was a very ordinary half between teo ordinary teams.

We were excellent after half time, although our finishing let us down. We should have been 3-0 up and would have fully deserved that. Their goalkeeper deserves serious credit for that incredible save to deny Swift.

After Ipswich scored they really stepped up, and after they scored their second we practically stopped playing. 4-0 flattered them but that happens when you make two defensive mistakes in a minute at 2-0 down. Ultimately I think 2-2 would have been a fair result.

Swift had his worst game for us and Aluko continues to play in the wrong position. Barrow was also far too narrow.

So-called fans booing as they walked out - get over yourselves. Honestly our support this season has been worse than every player except Martin. Complete joke and an embarrassment. Get a sense of perspective.

Fingers crossed for results going our way next week.

So called fans booing......yawn :roll:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Apr 2018 23:20

paddy20 I was hoping we may have been able to build a defence around Elphick but the defence looked much worse and he was at fault for at least one of the goals.

Obviously lacking match fitness. However after he came on. As was the case at the Burton away game. His impact was noticable. Talking and telling people to get into position, organising. Clearly shows what's lacking in the squad. Any players that could be considered Captains in their own right. .

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 23:21

AthleticoSpizz No worries

As a.season, no, getting relegated to Div 4 is much worse than this....but yes....regarding p1ss poor home results in any one particular season....you’re on to something close I’m sure

I think in terms of points per game at home I think this may be our worst ever season at home. I know Strap said we were on course a few weeks ago.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2018 23:25

Would be interesting to see the stats

It’s been pretty dire tbh

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2018 23:29

Zip

I think in terms of points per game at home I think this may be our worst ever season at home. I know Strap said we were on course a few weeks ago.

23 games, 23 points. dont take too much working out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Apr 2018 23:31

always the voice of cheer Windermere

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 23:32

Jonathan Low’s player ratings after a defeat are always a bit brutal. All 3’s and 4’s. He makes a good point about Kelly not playing to the whistle and appealing to the ref instead. Unprofessional.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2018 23:33

windermereROYAL
Zip

23 games, 23 points. dont take too much working out.

Yeah alright. I have no idea how this compares with our other very poor seasons if that’s alright with you.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 Apr 2018 23:39

I'm going to let rip

Today, I expected after last season to be fighting for a place at the top table, taking it to the last day but the prize being a place in the Premier League.

Next weekend, the prize is a place in the Championship and since that day at Wembley the whole club must take a long hard look at itself. This pile of overpaid w@nkers who pretend to be professional footballers have played out what I've seen as an absolute pile of sh!te against a team we beat 5-1 a couple of years back.

We might stay up as I think Birmingham will help us out as they are equally as sh!t but we may not as they probably have more fight than what I saw. Don't boo, some of the comments on here. Oh so your happy reversing 15 years of progress due to some clueless twonks.

Clement, work the b@stards as hard as possible next week and if we go up, go down whatever with the defeat I expect SACK THE LOT OF THEM. REBUILD THE WHOLE LOT!

And they call themselves professionals. Every player this season 0 after that. The manager, current one, gets a 5 for telling the tw@ts that in his post match interview. Thanks for the honest Clem. Do anything to get a result next week, play the fooking youth team if you wish.

Rant over

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 Apr 2018 23:42

Zip Jonathan Low’s player ratings after a defeat are always a bit brutal. All 3’s and 4’s. He makes a good point about Kelly not playing to the whistle and appealing to the ref instead. Unprofessional.

Brutal. Brutal would be 1s and 2s and that's what they deserve. An absolute embarrassment after last season

204 posts