Back from the ****

204 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Back from the ****

by Sutekh » 28 Apr 2018 17:50

Utterly inexcusable ******* kak.

They deserve relegation after that.

And if that happens I seriously fear for them because performances like we’ve seen this season aren’t even good enough for the THIRD DIVISION.

Pathetic.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the ****

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2018 17:59

First half was a very ordinary half between teo ordinary teams.

We were excellent after half time, although our finishing let us down. We should have been 3-0 up and would have fully deserved that. Their goalkeeper deserves serious credit for that incredible save to deny Swift.

After Ipswich scored they really stepped up, and after they scored their second we practically stopped playing. 4-0 flattered them but that happens when you make two defensive mistakes in a minute at 2-0 down. Ultimately I think 2-2 would have been a fair result.

Swift had his worst game for us and Aluko continues to play in the wrong position. Barrow was also far too narrow.

So-called fans booing as they walked out - get over yourselves. Honestly our support this season has been worse than every player except Martin. Complete joke and an embarrassment. Get a sense of perspective.

Fingers crossed for results going our way next week.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Apr 2018 18:06

SCIAG Fingers crossed for results going our way next week.

Fingers crossed the results go against us, then we can be deservedly relegated and we can get rid of this shower of gutless sh*te and rebuild and start all over again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2018 18:06

Martin is a truly awful footballer on the evidence I’ve seen. Looks 2 stone too heavy as well

Anyway, first half was ok. Defended quite well though Richards was targeted and beaten quite a lot

45-70 mins we were good, played some exciting stuff and looked solid at the back. Aluko missed 3 or 4 very good chances, and the move for the swift effort was one of our best of the year

70-90 was a shameful embarrassing effort which speaks volumes about the confidence and mentally of the players. Everyone seemed to go to absolute pot. Poor subs bringing off Dadi who was fairly good and Yann (who wasn’t but may as well have kept him on)

Thought Ilori was our MOM and pretty blameless for the shambles. Didn’t really put a foot wrong even out of position (though he def isn’t a RB). Moore was good until the last 20 and Dadi and Barrow did ok. Aluko was pretty dangerous but horrible in front of goal

Swift, Gunter, Mannone,Yann and Kelly has average to poor games - and all fell to pieces at the end, along with Elphick who had a shocker

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Apr 2018 18:07

2 words after that

ACCRINGTON STANLEY

JR

by JR » 28 Apr 2018 18:17

Gunny Fishcake

Fingers crossed the results go against us, then we can be deservedly relegated and we can get rid of this shower of gutless sh*te and rebuild and start all over again.

Anyone who requests relegation is a disgrace - take a look at yourself Gunny

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 18:18

Mannone - 7 some good saves first half
Gunter - oxf*rd off out of ten, partly responsible for at least two goals.
Richards 6 his usual not quite good enough with some dangerous mistakes
Moore 6 stood and watched for their second looks like he knows he's leaving
Ilori - 6 ok
Swift - 4 awful passing and soft as shit, can't play in standard midfield
Kelly - 4 hit and miss, sadly one of his misses was not being goalside of his man, or within 5 yards of him, and then just watching him attack the goal.
Aluko - oxf*rd off out of ten awful first, second and third touch, has the positional sense of a tesco carrier bag
Barrow - meh 7 maybe?
Kermorgant 5 tried to get himself sent off again after losing the ball
Bodvarsson - 5 missed a sitter

Martin - why? out of ten
Elphick - 4 shocker of an error, but at least it didn't affect the game.

How did Swift not get subbed off?

South Stand - impressive from within, although the knob with the megaphone needs a lesson in less is more, ideally not having one too.

Clement - his worst home performance as a manager here.

Ref, ok I spose.

Ipswich looked like they had something to play for - pride, whilst we had none.

JR

by JR » 28 Apr 2018 18:19

SCIAG First half was a very ordinary half between teo ordinary teams.

We were excellent after half time, although our finishing let us down. We should have been 3-0 up and would have fully deserved that. Their goalkeeper deserves serious credit for that incredible save to deny Swift.

After Ipswich scored they really stepped up, and after they scored their second we practically stopped playing. 4-0 flattered them but that happens when you make two defensive mistakes in a minute at 2-0 down. Ultimately I think 2-2 would have been a fair result.

Swift had his worst game for us and Aluko continues to play in the wrong position. Barrow was also far too narrow.

So-called fans booing as they walked out - get over yourselves. Honestly our support this season has been worse than every player except Martin. Complete joke and an embarrassment. Get a sense of perspective.

Largely agree with you SCIAG.

If Swift had found the roof of the net it could have been the greatest goal ever scored at the Mad Stad.

Think you are harsh on the fans booing though - that is acceptable for such a capitulation at the end.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 18:24

Yes, great save from their keeper.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Apr 2018 18:29

I would need to see the save fro Swift but in real time
I thought it was a relatively straightforward save (but
made to look dramatic) as it was more or less straight
at the keeper.

People around me thought the same. Had the ball been
struck low and a few feet left or right of the keeper, it
would have been a great goal and we'd still be in the
championship next season

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2018 18:29

JR
SCIAG First half was a very ordinary half between teo ordinary teams.

Largely agree with you SCIAG.

If Swift had found the roof of the net it could have been the greatest goal ever scored at the Mad Stad.

Think you are harsh on the fans booing though - that is acceptable for such a capitulation at the end.

Yeah actually if booing your own team was ever justified (short of a player committing violent conduct) then it was at the end of the game today after the season we've had. I was more complaining about the people near me who were booing as they walked out after 78 minutes at 2-0. Just staggering. Also the people who seem to think that every single defeat is the worst we've ever played, and who forget that we were two penalties away from the Premier League a year ago.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Apr 2018 18:31

Snowflake Royal
Clement - his worst home performance as a manager here.

I doubt as a manager he has ever witnesses such a collectively poor team performance. Though difficult to use the word team when it plainly isn't. I liked his frankness on the radio interview he gave.

We deserve to go down based on our performances since the beginning of the December. There's almost too much to be done to rebuild this squad in one transfer window. Last year Blackburn were relegated with 51 points. Puts our effort this season in perspective.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Apr 2018 18:33

JR
Gunny Fishcake

I'm not a disgrace I've supported this club all my life and have been a season ticket holder for over thirty five years without fail , I'm entitled to my opinion as you are . If you don't like it tough.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2018 18:33

Snowball I would need to see the save fro Swift but in real time
at the keeper.

It was relatively close to the centre of the goal, but the goalkeeper was moving quickly to get across and had to stick up his trailing arm. A finish right back across the goal would have guaranteed a goal, but 99% of the time where Swift put it would have been good enough.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2018 18:35

SCIAG
Snowball I would need to see the save fro Swift but in real time
at the keeper.

It was relatively close to the centre of the goal, but the goalkeeper was moving quickly to get across and had to stick up his trailing arm. A finish right back across the goal would have guaranteed a goal, but 99% of the time where Swift put it would have been good enough.

+1

Very awkward place to make a firm save.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Apr 2018 18:35

SCIAG Also the people who seem to think that every single defeat is the worst we've ever played, and who forget that we were two penalties away from the Premier League a year ago.

This shower playing in the premiership. Laughable. Too inexperienced and lack the mental strength to battle.

More realistically where have we finished over the past 4 seasons.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2018 18:38

Gunny Fishcake
JR
Gunny Fishcake

I'm not a disgrace I've supported this club all my life and have been a season ticket holder for over thirty five years without fail , I'm entitled to my opinion as you are . If you don't like it tough.

You're not supporting the club right now if you want us to get relegated. Could potentially understand if it was the PL because of all the negatives that go with that (cost/fewer games/billionaire's playground) but there are no advantages to being in League One.

It would be no easier to sell our weaker players if we got relegated. We'd probably lose all our stronger players. Rebuilding will be much easier in the Championship.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2018 18:41

Lower West
SCIAG Also the people who seem to think that every single defeat is the worst we've ever played, and who forget that we were two penalties away from the Premier League a year ago.

This shower playing in the premiership. Laughable. Too inexperienced and lack the mental strength to battle.

More realistically where have we finished over the past 4 seasons.

Worse teams than us have done just fine in the PL - Huddersfield for example. I think we'd have added a similar quality of player and done similarly well.

Of the players who have been fit this season, only Gunter was with us four years ago. Almost the entire squad was signed or given their debut under Stam, so I don't think our performances under Clarke are particularly relevant.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Apr 2018 18:44

SCIAG
Gunny Fishcake
JR

You're not supporting the club right now if you want us to get relegated. Could potentially understand if it was the PL because of all the negatives that go with that (cost/fewer games/billionaire's playground) but there are no advantages to being in League One.

It would be no easier to sell our weaker players if we got relegated. We'd probably lose all our stronger players. Rebuilding will be much easier in the Championship.

I rarely get sucked into personal debates on here, maybe its because I'm so angry and upset, but please don't patronise me by saying I don't support my club . What I won't do is support this bunch of grossly shameless overpaid mercenaries who clearly do not give a flying toss about Reading FC like the fans do. Getting relegated would not be a disaster, the club could be rebuilt, imho, it's rotten from the top to the bottom. Getting relegated and rebuilding didn't hurt Wolves, Southampton and Swansea. I'll be there first game of the season where ever it is next season , so yes I am a supporter.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Apr 2018 18:47

I can't put into words how angry I am so I am going to mash the keyboard with my head a few times.

G4gyjmufbhrhttbbtbgbt

204 posts