Back from the ****

204 posts
facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the ****

by facaldaqui » 28 Apr 2018 21:32

Gunny Fishcake
SCIAG Fingers crossed for results going our way next week.

Fingers crossed the results go against us, then we can be deservedly relegated and we can get rid of this shower of gutless sh*te and rebuild and start all over again.

We'd be stuck with a lot of them and the new manager, exactly the same as when we went down with Burns. Took ages to shake off that failed squad. So staying up may be a poisoned chalice, but at least it would be in this division. We should stay up, thank goodness.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Apr 2018 21:36

Steve_Upper_West
Berry Can Leon do a poll on whether Martin could score in a brothel, and add an option of whether he has the energy to even walk into one?

Indeed.... Jury is probably, rightly still out on Clement - however it is rather worrying, that he continues to see Martin as an impact sub, when there are arguably better options available :roll:

I think his comments earlier this week were more worrying.
He stated there would not be a massive overhaul of this team over the summer, but there will be some tweeks.
He also stated we have "too many strikers" at this club.
Tells me all I need to know as to where we are heading.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 28 Apr 2018 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 21:36

Royal Rother
NewCorkSeth
Royal Rother Have been reading that this type of gutless performance shows that it really has been the players’ fault, and not Stam’s....

Rubbish.

Stam’s regime got rid of many of the promising youngsters who had come through the Academy and cared about the club. They may not have had the supposed talent of the players brought in to replenish the squad but by God they’d have fought hard and given the fans something to SUPPORT. Unlike this shower of shite.

Of course it’s Stam’s fault it has come to this. He built the squad, he let whatever is festering inside impact the performances on the pitch.

And seriously, the conspiracy theorists suggesting that there is something very wrong at the club and it is rotten to the core etc. etc. Well yes, if the management from the top down is shite it can reach the playing side of things in some small way but all they really DEEPLY care about is picking up their money - they need structure, balance, training, motivation (what about tenacity, spirit and flair?) and Stam was clearly unable to provide the spark they needed to show those qualities this season.

Quite obviously the malaise (can I call it cancer?) is too deep for Clement to be able to turn things around without a total clear out.

The players fault, of course. But the real culprit is Jaap Stam for letting it come to this state. Unfit, undisciplined, unmotivated and un whatever else you can think of.

Rubbish. Equal blame. He let the players down with tactical inconsitensy and inexperienced management. The players let him down by being absolutely shite.

Rubbish? :lol:

You’re not actually disagreeing with me to any real degree by the looks of it.

Rubbish!

Don't think any of the youngsters going can be blamed on the club. They were offered contracts I believe and decided to leave instead. None of them gave us any reason to think they would be first team players anyway!

It's too easy to blame Stam here. It's chicken and egg stuff going on right now. Did Stam do poorly because the players were performing poorly or did the players do poorly because Stam was performing poorly?

On zero evidence I'm inclined to believe it started with Stam and his tactical indecision at the start of the season (due to key injuries) but it was the players who failed to perform to any reasonable standard for the rest of the season. They let Stam, Clement, us and themselves down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Apr 2018 21:47

genome
Hound Tbh I don’t blame PC a great deal. His team selections are basically right. He has got Ilori’s head sorted and he now looks our most accomplished player. We’re not arsing around at the back. I can’t see a huge amount that he should have done differently from a high level

The players mentally just look shot and have done ever since the Burton home game. They clearly can’t wait for the season to end.

Not sure about the 4-4-2 with Kelly and Swift in the middle. Otherwise, I agree.

Would have chucked Rinomhota in today in behind them in place of Yann. He has no baggage and might have had that bit of energy and youthfulness we desperately need.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 21:52

Old Man Andrews
genome
Hound Tbh I don’t blame PC a great deal. His team selections are basically right. He has got Ilori’s head sorted and he now looks our most accomplished player. We’re not arsing around at the back. I can’t see a huge amount that he should have done differently from a high level

The players mentally just look shot and have done ever since the Burton home game. They clearly can’t wait for the season to end.

Not sure about the 4-4-2 with Kelly and Swift in the middle. Otherwise, I agree.

Would have chucked Rinomhota in today in behind them in place of Yann. He has no baggage and might have had that bit of energy and youthfulness we desperately need.

Maybe Clement doesn't want to taint any of our promising youngsters anymore than necessary? People are already turning against Richards on here.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Apr 2018 21:56

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
genome

Maybe Clement doesn't want to taint any of our promising youngsters anymore than necessary? People are already turning against Richards on here.

I think when the other options for a CDM are Joey Van Den Berg or Dave Edwards you have to seriously consider Rinomhota for Cardiff. I think the supporters would get behind him and would welcome a fresh academy face.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 21:59

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Would have chucked Rinomhota in today in behind them in place of Yann. He has no baggage and might have had that bit of energy and youthfulness we desperately need.

I think when the other options for a CDM are Joey Van Den Berg or Dave Edwards you have to seriously consider Rinomhota for Cardiff. I think the supporters would get behind him and would welcome a fresh academy face.

True. I'd rather play a 6-0-4 than see JVDB and Edwards start.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Apr 2018 22:01

Old Man Andrews I think when the other options for a CDM are Joey Van Den Berg or Dave Edwards you have to seriously consider Rinomhota for Cardiff. I think the supporters would get behind him and would welcome a fresh academy face.

Bacuna will be back. With a few weeks off fully fit too hopefully. Add some sorely missed energy and bite.

SMF

by SMF » 28 Apr 2018 22:02

A truely awful second half display and this team really does look like relegation fodder. Many fans seem sure we will stay up, but they seem destined to go down. They are now left with one final chance to stop relying on other teams and its about time the players stand up and help themselves next week at Cardiff, but judging on todays performance, they just don't seem to have the bottle or balls for it.

The squad really does need a rebuild and i would be happy to see most of that lot leave in the summer. The entire midfield clearly needs strengthening and none of the current crop are cutting it with Kelly out of his depth, Edwards seeming to be past it, Swift being constantly unfit, the lack of interest shown by Bacuna and the lack of quality shown by Van Den Berg.

As much as Clement showed a lack of tactical experience with the squad, the players are the ones who are putting in the performances, and his post match comments were fair and spot on. Hopefully it will spark a reaction in time for next Sunday.

Lydia Dustbin

by Lydia Dustbin » 28 Apr 2018 22:04

Royal_jimmy 2 words after that

ACCRINGTON STANLEY

How are thay?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Apr 2018 22:06

Well, maybe I’m alone, but I believe the likes of Dickie, Fosu, Stacey, Cooper should still be at the club.

They had shown enough to have been persevered with rather than dumping them for expensive imports with zero affinity for the club.

Jesus Christ they’d have been no worse than Blackett, Gunter, Beerens, Aluko, and a whole host of others.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 28 Apr 2018 22:07

INRAT, but I guess the gist of it may be something like:
1) Completely gutless, spineless, passionless, clueless. Unforgivable.
2) Gunter is the worst player - except Martin and Aluko (and Lee Giacometti) - to ever wear the Hoops.
3) We deserve relegation. Get to go to some interesting places, watch real footy and rebuild with a bunch of 18 year olds from the Academy.
4) It wasn't Voldemort's fault.

Amirite?

Of course, we all know that the entire squad should be shipped out with the exception of Gunts and Barrow - the rest of them are clearly thieves with no pride.

Kelly and Swift should take a bow and receive gold stars for being scapegoats of the week. Both were truly shocking.

The reality is: the first half was very poor between two teams totally bereft of ideas. The first 15 minutes of the second half we tried to take the initiative and huffed and puffed and then, when the Tractors scored, it was game over. Comical. Farcical. Fuming.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 28 Apr 2018 22:12

Bradley Johnson - here we come

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Apr 2018 22:17

I'm sick of this suggestion that we deserve relegation, if we finish 22nd we deserve relegation, otherwise we were better than 3 other teams over a 46 game season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Apr 2018 22:19

tidus_mi2 I'm sick of this suggestion that we deserve relegation, if we finish 22nd we deserve relegation, otherwise we were better than 3 other teams over a 46 game season.

Well, I think their point is that in most other seasons we would have been relegated with our points total. Therefore we do (sort of) deserve to go down. We are incredibly lucky that there are a few teams worse than us.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Apr 2018 22:19

Oh well at least we tried.

On to next week

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 22:20

Royal Rother Well, maybe I’m alone, but I believe the likes of Dickie, Fosu, Stacey, Cooper should still be at the club.

They had shown enough to have been persevered with rather than dumping them for expensive imports with zero affinity for the club.

Jesus Christ they’d have been no worse than Blackett, Gunter, Beerens, Aluko, and a whole host of others.

Stacey wasn't really a RB here though was he. He was hardly going to challenge the experienced (but admittedly shit) Gunter was he? It would have also been a brave move to drop a record signing for Fosu.
I agree on Cooper. You can see from my posting history I rated him and wanted him to stay. He would never have started ahead of Moore, McShane and Ilori (who has been much better of recent) but was a handy option and capable of excellent performances.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Apr 2018 22:21

genome
tidus_mi2 I'm sick of this suggestion that we deserve relegation, if we finish 22nd we deserve relegation, otherwise we were better than 3 other teams over a 46 game season.

Well, I think their point is that in most other seasons we would have been relegated with our points total. Therefore we do (sort of) deserve to go down. We are incredibly lucky that there are a few teams worse than us.

If it's meant in that way then I concede to that point, has any team ever survived on 43pts in a 46 game, 3pts for a win season?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2018 22:22

genome

There isnt a team in our league worse than us on present form.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2018 22:22

genome

+1 it's not a black and white situation. We have performed poorly enough to be in the relegation zone and have been saved by the shiteness of other teams not on our own merit.

204 posts