Back from the ****

204 posts
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the ****

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 29 Apr 2018 10:11

SCIAG So-called fans booing as they walked out - get over yourselves. Honestly our support this season has been worse than every player except Martin. Complete joke and an embarrassment. Get a sense of perspective.

If you cant BOO! when youve just lost 4-0 at home to a side who stopped caring 4 games ago, when all you needed was a 0-0 draw, when can you BOO!*. I cant think of a single team in recent history who would have missed such a doable target by so much. The real question is what you think you're achieving by staying behind to applaud it. You're merely enabling poor performances. Thats not support

RR Stam’s regime got rid of many of the promising youngsters who had come through the Academy and cared about the club. They may not have had the supposed talent of the players brought in to replenish the squad but by God they’d have fought hard and given the fans something to SUPPORT. Unlike this shower of shite.

Agree with RR shocker. The End of Season removal of so many players whatever their age/experience who would have been 'pro-Reading' has alienated the support. Its also a fact that has avoided criticism on here all season. We're left with Gunter and McCleary. One of the reasons why Gunter is captain. That was a debateable decision when Adkins was doing it, we havent progressed at all since then.

Denver Royal rookie coach

Skip!

Reading4Eva Sacking McDermott the first time was a mistake. Sacking him the second time was also a mistake

The first time was the start of all this. Believing we could play it like the big boys, without actually being a big boy. I feel we should now have a moment's silence for those that Booed the Danny Guthrie substitution. Well done lads....
He shouldnt have taken it the second time. Complete and Utter poisoned chalice.

Its clear that we need to start introducing players into the squad that we can engineer 200+ appearances from. Some sort of scout is required.

* I would have also accepted losing at home without scoring a goal to the bottom team in the league on the anniversary of the 500th game of your stadium
Last edited by Dr_Hfuhruhurr on 29 Apr 2018 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 29 Apr 2018 10:14

leon I’ve seen shit Reading teams relegated over the decades I’ve watched Reading.

Shit teams with really no talent.

But despite being shit with really no talent they on the whole, at least tried. Failed. But tried.

This season, this team has been the worst Reading team I have ever seen.

Not because of a lack of talent but because of a lack of effort and a massive lack of character.

Today was a perfect example.

You are a disgrace.

This. Nailed it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2018 10:30

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
SCIAG So-called fans booing as they walked out - get over yourselves. Honestly our support this season has been worse than every player except Martin. Complete joke and an embarrassment. Get a sense of perspective.

If you cant BOO! when youve just lost 4-0 at home to a side who stopped caring 4 games ago, when all you needed was a 0-0 draw, when can you BOO!*. I cant think of a single team in recent history who would have missed such a doable target by so much. The real question is what you think you're achieving by staying behind to applaud it. You're merely enabling poor performances. Thats not support

RR Stam’s regime got rid of many of the promising youngsters who had come through the Academy and cared about the club. They may not have had the supposed talent of the players brought in to replenish the squad but by God they’d have fought hard and given the fans something to SUPPORT. Unlike this shower of shite.

Agree with RR shocker. The End of Season removal of so many players whatever their age/experience who would have been 'pro-Reading' has alienated the support. Its also a fact that has avoided criticism on here all season. We're left with Gunter and McCleary. One of the reasons why Gunter is captain. That was a debateable decision when Adkins was doing it, we havent progressed at all since then.

Denver Royal rookie coach

Skip!

Reading4Eva Sacking McDermott the first time was a mistake. Sacking him the second time was also a mistake

The first time was the start of all this. Believing we could play it like the big boys, without actually being a big boy. I feel we should now have a moment's silence for those that Booed the Danny Guthrie substitution. Well done lads....
He shouldnt have taken it the second time. Complete and Utter poisoned chalice.

Its clear that we need to start introducing players into the squad that we can engineer 200+ appearances from. Some sort of scout is required.

* I would have also accepted losing at home without scoring a goal to the bottom team in the league on the anniversary of the 500th game of your stadium

By staying behind, I gave the player's a chance to thank me for my efforts and generally acknowledge the fans. For me to say goodbye to those I never see in a Reading shirt again, and to thank them for what efforts they did put in during the season.

I don't pick and choose my support of the club, it's constant. Though I may miss some games, protest some decisions or even boo some performances.

If we're going to have a 'lap of appreciation' in any season, it should be every season IMO. It is a chance to celebrate or put to rest the season gone, close it off and look forward to a new one. Even if we still have an abject away performance to look forward to.

I don't think anyone should expect a fan to stay for it, or criticise if they don't, each to their own, but neither do I accept criticism for staying as if it was some sort of tacit approval of the shitness of this season. It wasn't. To be honest, I think this one probably felt more like a humiliation and punishment for the players than an endorsement and celebration.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 29 Apr 2018 10:40

Reading4eva
Zip We are rudderless both on and off the pitch.
Our decline has coincided with change of ownership. We have had owners for the past seven or eight years that don’t have any interest in the club. Our current owners are nowhere to be seen. Our Chief Exec is nowhere to be seen. On the pitch leadership is nowhere to be seen.

We will probably stay up next Sunday but where then? If Clement does just tinker with the squad then it’s very difficult to see anything other than a very difficult season in 2018/19.
We have gone from being a very strong Championship team in the naughties to a very weak one in recent years (last season excluded).

No tinkering. Full clear out needed. Moore probably the only star man. Kelly let himself down this season. Aluko can fook off. McCleary can fooking leave if he can't get fit. Swift new sick note so can go too. Clear the lot out. Professionals? They wouldn't get a game for Bury at the moment the overpaid tw@ts

Keep Obita Moore Barrow Bodvarrson get rid of the rest .

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Apr 2018 11:19

Henley Royal 1 Keep Obita Moore Barrow Bodvarrson get rid of the rest .

That would most certainly result in relegation next season. While change is required it has to be gradual.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2018 11:32

Lower West
Henley Royal 1 Keep Obita Moore Barrow Bodvarrson get rid of the rest .

That would most certainly result in relegation next season. While change is required it has to be gradual.

Yeah, I'd be interested to know who is going to offer contracts they'll accept to all the other players even if we make them available on a free. And where we'd come up with the money to replace them.

As with Pogrebnyak, Drenthe, etc, we're stuck with loads of the problem players on long expensive contracts.

Any rebuild has to be structured over at least two seasons, with expectations for performance in the league reflecting that. I doubt the owners or management have the stomach for that though and I certainly doubt we'll have one manager that long.

So expect another round of big change with high profile failures no one else wants coming in.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 29 Apr 2018 12:15

tee peg Drop the lot of them and play the under 23s next week.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment IMO they should all be left in and subjected to the thuggery that Colin' s 11 will subject them to and public humiliation on Sky.

I normally can't condone booing but the players got what they deserved.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Apr 2018 12:20

Dick Habbin's hairdo
leon I’ve seen shit Reading teams relegated over the decades I’ve watched Reading.

Shit teams with really no talent.

But despite being shit with really no talent they on the whole, at least tried. Failed. But tried.

This season, this team has been the worst Reading team I have ever seen.

Not because of a lack of talent but because of a lack of effort and a massive lack of character.

Today was a perfect example.

You are a disgrace.

This. Nailed it.

Yep, character was the word I was searching for last night and couldn’t find it. Like the team. Never seen a team with so little of it. And the weird thing is we had plenty of it last year

Fcuk knows what has gone on behind the scenes this year but the result is a shambles and a disgrace to be honest

On the academy debate - Cooper has had a good season by all accounts, as has Fosu. Think Stacey won young player of the year at his club. Does seem these were 3 players we should have made more of an effort to play and keep

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Apr 2018 12:38

Earlier this season I was caned on here for suggesting that Gunter is the root cause of our problems.
The player then has a couple of games where he got forward and actually put in a couple of decent crosses (very rare in the past 4 seasons) and then he does his creeping with Stam by jumping in his arms and around the same time did his bit of tweeting.
Yesterday at the end of the game the coward stayed furthest away from the East Stand when the booing was going on.

Clearly he is not the only one who has brought us to this precarious position but he epitomises the ills on the pitch-lack of awareness in defensive situations and a fear of making a tackle and that last goal yesterday summed him up-a bottler.

On BBCRB Dellor spoke to Clement about naming names of underperforming players and fortunately (for his future as he has to still work with these players and try to get a result next week) Clement just about held back but later Dellor did name Gunter and the equally weak Aluko as prime examples of bottlers.
This was a ragbag of a team that we were up against yesterday and once again we were outthought and outfought by a moderate side (as per Burton, Birmingham, Sunderland) in a game that was rather important for our season.

Bet 365 last night still had us at 40/1 for relegation so the odds are definitely still stacked in our favour but this has definitely been one of the most disappointing in my time of watching our teams and whoever we play in the first game next season I do hope that the weedy Welshman will not be on the pitch and preferably nowhere near the club.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 29 Apr 2018 12:59

Zip Has this been our worst ever seen at home since our establishment in 1871? It must be close

In the 2012-13 PL season, our home record was P19 W4 D8 L7 F23 A32
In the 1987-88 Old D2 season, our home record was P22 W5 D7 L10 F20 A25

and this season it's P23 W5 D8 L10 F23 A35.

In our Southern League days, our first season at home was P8 W2 D2 L4 F13 A14, which was our worst SL performance but in percentage terms is still better than the above 3 seasons. In fact aside from that season, we never won fewer than 7 games at home in a season.

So this year's is certainly up there as one of our worst 3 home records ever. If we allow 3 pts for a win a 1 for a draw, then those three seasons' percentage points won at home were :

2012-13 - won 38.1% of home points available, 1987-88 was 33.33% and 2017-18 is also 33.33%, so some might say this season's home record is equal worst in our entire history with 1987-88.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 29 Apr 2018 13:07

Reading4eva
windermereROYAL
Reading4eva Burton will survive, Barnsley will survive. It will be between us and Birmingham. Do us a favour Piazon

I would imagine Fulham and their fans will be resigned to their fate when they see who Cardiff are playing next week. would they want to put a full shift in when they know we are certainties to lose?

What's worse is Colin could have the last laugh at the club whose been a constant nemesis for him all his career. Thanks to our shower of sh!t for setting up this terrible scenario

Or of course his nemesis could continue - RFC beat CCFC thus denying them automatic promotion whilst at the same tiem securing an undeserved place in the LCh next season for us! That would be nice - however unlikely!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Apr 2018 13:15

strap
Zip Has this been our worst ever seen at home since our establishment in 1871? It must be close

In the 2012-13 PL season, our home record was P19 W4 D8 L7 F23 A32
In the 1987-88 Old D2 season, our home record was P22 W5 D7 L10 F20 A25

and this season it's P23 W5 D8 L10 F23 A35.

In our Southern League days, our first season at home was P8 W2 D2 L4 F13 A14, which was our worst SL performance but in percentage terms is still better than the above 3 seasons. In fact aside from that season, we never won fewer than 7 games at home in a season.

So this year's is certainly up there as one of our worst 3 home records ever. If we allow 3 pts for a win a 1 for a draw, then those three seasons' percentage points won at home were :

2012-13 - won 38.1% of home points available, 1987-88 was 33.33% and 2017-18 is also 33.33%, so some might say this season's home record is equal worst in our entire history with 1987-88.

That’s what I wanted. Thanks for that Strap.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 29 Apr 2018 13:27

NewCorkSeth
Reading4eva
windermereROYAL
I would imagine Fulham and their fans will be resigned to their fate when they see who Cardiff are playing next week. would they want to put a full shift in when they know we are certainties to lose?

What's worse is Colin could have the last laugh at the club whose been a constant nemesis for him all his career. Thanks to our shower of sh!t for setting up this terrible scenario

I may be wrong here but j think big Sam has the worst record against us (out of managers who have faced us more than twice)

No you are correct : full list of managers with 5 games or more v RFC

Wonder if yesterday's result would have been any different had Mick McCarthy still been in charge of ITFC? (see third on the list).

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Apr 2018 13:55

Is the the complete list though? I am sure that both Wenger & Ferguson opposed us in 6 League games each during our 2 spells in the Prem...........also Lawrie Sanchez managed against us 7 times whilst he was Wycombe manager, getting a draw and a (hideous for us) 5-3 win against us as well as the 5 defeats.
Last edited by Mr Angry on 29 Apr 2018 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

VOR

by VOR » 29 Apr 2018 14:02

Gunny Fishcake
JR
Gunny Fishcake
Fingers crossed the results go against us, then we can be deservedly relegated and we can get rid of this shower of gutless sh*te and rebuild and start all over again.

Anyone who requests relegation is a disgrace - take a look at yourself Gunny

I'm not a disgrace I've supported this club all my life and have been a season ticket holder for over thirty five years without fail , I'm entitled to my opinion as you are . If you don't like it tough.

Can't really blame any committed fan for feeling that way. Certainly, given the massive underperformance by large parts of the squad this season, we do deserve to go down but it will be much easier to rebuild in Championship than L1. Irony is that for large parts of the game, we looked the likelier to score. Some of our defending is shocking and we really fell apart at 2-0. Bizarrely, we could certainly have won a game we lost 4-0.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 29 Apr 2018 14:42

Snowball
I go to games now and am BORED, expecting few half-chances, the inevitable cock-up, but the saddest part
is that feeling that too many of the eleven on the pitch, really look like they don't give a toss.

I agree with your comments. But I still believe players give a toss--it's not just about Reading, it's about their own careers, their futures, their reputations. In psychological terms, I think what we're seeing is fatalism, which can look very like not giving a toss. When we keep failing, we expect to fail, and that makes us lackadaisical.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Apr 2018 14:58

VOR
Gunny Fishcake
JR
Anyone who requests relegation is a disgrace - take a look at yourself Gunny

I'm not a disgrace I've supported this club all my life and have been a season ticket holder for over thirty five years without fail , I'm entitled to my opinion as you are . If you don't like it tough.

Can't really blame any committed fan for feeling that way. Certainly, given the massive underperformance by large parts of the squad this season, we do deserve to go down but it will be much easier to rebuild in Championship than L1. Irony is that for large parts of the game, we looked the likelier to score. Some of our defending is shocking and we really fell apart at 2-0. Bizarrely, we could certainly have won a game we lost 4-0.

We absolutely deserve to go down. Not sure I’d wish it on us the fans but this shower of shit deserve it.

Clement was very interesting on radio Berkshire. He was clearly furious. He will have learnt a lot about his team yesterday.

Aluko, Swift,Kelly, Gunter. All deserve a special mention as being staggeringly far from the required standard against a really poor Ipswich side. It was almost comical.

If none of them ever play for RFC again I’m not sure I’d care.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 Apr 2018 15:23

Snowball
NewCorkSeth
Reading4eva Sacking McDermott the first time was a mistake. Sacking him the second time was also a mistake

You trolling?

I agree with him

So do I especially second time. We had three great seasons under him. Despite having to sell our best players.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 Apr 2018 15:38

strap
NewCorkSeth
Reading4eva

I may be wrong here but j think big Sam has the worst record against us (out of managers who have faced us more than twice)

No you are correct : full list of managers with 5 games or more v RFC

Wonder if yesterday's result would have been any different had Mick McCarthy still been in charge of ITFC? (see third on the list).

Surely Arsene Wenger should be on that list? Not that I need to check that it’s 0%!!!!!!!!!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 29 Apr 2018 16:00

Surely you can understand the difference between best and worst :lol:

204 posts