MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored by others slipping up, hopefully

228 posts
Double d v2

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored by others slipping up, hopefully

by Double d v2 » 01 May 2018 11:09

genome If anyone fancies a Judas bet... put an accumulator on the specific results that are needed for us to go down, instead of just a bet on us to get relegated.

A Reading loss, Birmingham double chance (draw or win), Burton and Barnsley win accumulator is 69/1 instead of 55/1 for just relegation on Paddy Power.

Not that I'd ever Judas bet. 8)

Didn't somebody say it was 118/1 only last week?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 May 2018 11:09

Sutekh
russyb
Gunny Fishcake Anybody remember when Red Star Belgrade played Barcelona in the European Cup Final, They played ten men behind the ball and won on penalties. That's what we should do , ten men almost on the line and go for a glorious 0-0 Alamo result, I actually think it will finish 1-1

I genuinely think we should do this, 451 two banks of four, man for man marking and keep solid, have our one shot on their goal and hope its enough. As for clement threatening to make changes he should. I would put Bacuna back in somewhere, Watson RB if fit, Gunter Left back, Rimonata in the middle with Kelly.

Perhaps go 5 at the back with Elpihick added to Moor and Ilori. Fairly certain Bacuna will be right back and gunter at left back. Get them to play defensively and stick Berg and Evans in as defensive midfielders. Use pace of Barrow and Aluko to catch Cardiff on occasional breakaways.

More than anything it's key Reading try and stay in the game as long as possible so as to maintain Fulham's hope as long as possible not to mention trying to depress Burton and Barnsley's efforts.

However I suspect whatever is tried won't be enough.

Yes - add in more defenders and midfielders - drop Aluko, play Barrow on the left but not a "winger" on the right. defend from the front.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2018 11:10

Double d v2
genome If anyone fancies a Judas bet... put an accumulator on the specific results that are needed for us to go down, instead of just a bet on us to get relegated.

A Reading loss, Birmingham double chance (draw or win), Burton and Barnsley win accumulator is 69/1 instead of 55/1 for just relegation on Paddy Power.

Didn't somebody say it was 118/1 only last week?

You can get those odds if you don't double chance Birmingham, but you run the risk of that result going against you and Reading still getting relegated, which means you win nothing

But, as I said, I would never be such a Judas.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 May 2018 11:23

Well i have had a Judas bet, i don`t want us to go down obviously, duno where you got those odds from but a treble with our main 3 rivals all winning is 107/1 . on William Hill. with Birmingham drawing it`s 89/1 . That`s two separate trebles, regardless if we get something at Cardiff or not.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2018 11:29

windermereROYAL

Well i have had a Judas bet, i don`t want us to go down obviously, duno where you got those odds from but a treble with our main 3 rivals all winning is 107/1 . on William Hill. with Birmingham drawing it`s 89/1 . That`s two separate trebles, regardless if we get something at Cardiff or not.

Because the accumulator includes our loss at Cardiff. And the double chance on Birmingham reduces the odds because you then win the bet if Birmingham win OR draw. That specific accy is exactly the same as just betting for Reading to be relegated but you get better odds.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 May 2018 11:38

genome
windermereROYAL

Because the accumulator includes our loss at Cardiff. And the double chance on Birmingham reduces the odds because you then win the bet if Birmingham win OR draw. That specific accy is exactly the same as just betting for Reading to be relegated but you get better odds.

Well i would suggest just doing the 3 main rival accy twice over (one with a Brum win, and one with a Brum draw) without Reading in it, you could still win, and we could still stay up.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 May 2018 11:48

windermereROYAL
genome
windermereROYAL

Well i would suggest just doing the 3 main rival accy twice over (one with a Brum win, and one with a Brum draw) without Reading in it, you could still win, and we could still stay up.

That is better :D

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 May 2018 13:02

windermereROYAL

I just put a fiver on; Birmingham W/D, Cardiff, Barnsley, Burton ~ 96/1 with Skybet. Would have put more but it's just wasting money. This way, IF by some devilishly divine chance it happens, at least this will pay for my beers to drown my sorrows. :lol:

Those odds are still so short though, Barnsley and Burton should be priced much higher than 5/1 and 9/2 respectively imho. That being said it works both ways, Cardiff are 2/5 to beat us. Should be closer to 1/5000.
Last edited by CountryRoyal on 01 May 2018 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2018 14:34

Referee is Robert "Bobby" Madley from West Yorkshire

Previously

28 Apr 2012 > Birmingham City 2-0 Reading
10 Mar 2012 > Reading 3-1 Leicester City

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 May 2018 14:34

Sutekh Referee is Robert "Bobby" Madley from West Yorkshire

Previously

Why isn't there an accompanying photo of a famous Bobby? I feel a bit cheated.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2018 17:09

Keeping the punters happy...

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 01 May 2018 18:36

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh Referee is Robert "Bobby" Madley from West Yorkshire

Previously

Why isn't there an accompanying photo of a famous Bobby? I feel a bit cheated.

How about Dixon (of Dock Green)?

The Cube

by The Cube » 01 May 2018 21:42

Gunny Fishcake Anybody remember when Red Star Belgrade played Barcelona in the European Cup Final, They played ten men behind the ball and won on penalties.

I tihnk you're the only person who remembers that. Some of the rest of us will remember Red Star beating Marseille, or Steaua beating Barcelona in something like the manner you describe. But look at the players on those winning sides and you'll struggle to keep the comparison with the current Reading team going.

Although maybe we will have 10 behind the ball because the other one has been sent off for something stupid.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 May 2018 22:05

I still believe in the curse of eight 88,98,08 relegation. It will happen the footballing gods don’t like us. Prepare to meet thy doom. :roll:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 May 2018 23:41

Alright I've put £10 on the Judas bet, Cardiff to win, Burton to win, Barnsley to win and Brum to win or draw. So I have two outcomes:

1) Reading stay up
2) I get 1k

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 02 May 2018 06:02

tidus_mi2 Alright I've put £10 on the Judas bet, Cardiff to win, Burton to win, Barnsley to win and Brum to win or draw. So I have two outcomes:

1) Reading stay up
2) I get 1k

What would you prefer?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 May 2018 11:01

Double d v2
tidus_mi2 Alright I've put £10 on the Judas bet, Cardiff to win, Burton to win, Barnsley to win and Brum to win or draw. So I have two outcomes:

1) Reading stay up
2) I get 1k

What would you prefer?

Selfishly speaking, probably the 1k. I'd settle for a happy medium where I cash out in injury time and then there's a last minute goal somewhere that keeps us up.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 May 2018 11:07

Ali Al-Habsi just tweeted that he's going to be in attendance on Sunday. What a lad.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 May 2018 11:14

genome Ali Al-Habsi just tweeted that he's going to be in attendance on Sunday. What a lad.

Can`t we sign him on a one game contract?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 May 2018 11:28

windermereROYAL
genome Ali Al-Habsi just tweeted that he's going to be in attendance on Sunday. What a lad.

Can`t we sign him on a one game contract?

How many points would you estimate he won us last season? He has been a huge loss to us. Mannone hasn't been horrendously bad but he isn't a match saver like Al-Habsi (barring QPR).

228 posts